PDA

View Full Version : Fraudulent Unauthorized Itunes Purchases

Ed.
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Today when I went on my email I saw I had two emails from iTunes which were Store Receipts. I haven't bought anything from the iTunes store since Discography by Tinie Tempah.

I looked and it was:

Original Gangstaz, 300 Street Cred, Developer: Addmired, Inc £11.99

and

Original Gangstaz, 300 Street Cred, Developer: Addmired, Inc £11.99

Clearly someone or something has hacked into my account.

So I looked up this Original Gangstaz and it was clear that I wasn't the only one.

Any ideas of what I should do / what caused it? Clearly it's not a coincidence.

Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Music'.

Catzsy
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
You need to get in touch with them immediately pointing this out if this is a valid email. Don't click any links in it in case of viruses. Go through your normal Itunes link.

Ed.
02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I've looked on itunes store and this is the case..

Deak
02-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Thats not good - definitely get in touch & you'll get a refund

e5
02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, providing the emails are legit meaning they are actually from Itunes, then you should contact them straight away. If you found these in your spam, then they will be false. However, if 11.99 has actually been taken from your itunes account, then you will need to report it.

Ed.
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
They are very much real.

Special
03-12-2010, 09:09 PM
i can't think of anything other than you've been hacked or it's a glicth or error on their side. email them explaining exatly whats happened

Markeh
07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I've just had this, 4 camera apps purchased on my account today. Have not TOUCHED iTunes or my iPod since JULY. The apps were for iDevices with cameras, and my iPod touch does not HAVE a camera.

Only £4, and it was store credit, but it is NOT the point, I will be demanding a refund.

Ed.
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
The most they did was disable my account. They didn't give me a refund - they said take it up with my credit card company but it was a store credit so...

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
The most they did was disable my account. They didn't give me a refund - they said take it up with my credit card company but it was a store credit so...

Contact them again explaining that.

Suspective
07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
That isn't very good.

I contacted iTunes a couple of days ago for a refund, and they granted it almost instantly. Just explain that it is store credit, and that they will not be losing anything from it in any way. It may just be because of the big amount. As when you get a refund, you get to keep the app/music/video etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!