PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Bruting

Arcade$
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I've heard the term, but what actually is bruting and can you be found out for it?

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Scams" as I feel it's more suited here.

Conservative,
02-12-2010, 10:09 PM
According to google it means browsing.

FlyingJesus
02-12-2010, 10:11 PM
It's a process of trying literally every single combination of letters and numbers in order to eventually find a password, and yes these days most programs and functions have protection against it

Special
02-12-2010, 10:13 PM
it comes from the term 'brute forcing' which means systematically checking all possible keys until the correct combination is found (the password)

a while ago there were programs that would do this for you but have since been patched. if you come across one now chances are it's a fake program containing a keylogger

Conservative,
02-12-2010, 10:18 PM
It's a process of trying literally every single combination of letters and numbers in order to eventually find a password, and yes these days most programs and functions have protection against it

it comes from the term 'brute forcing' which means systematically checking all possible keys until the correct combination is found (the password)

a while ago there were programs that would do this for you but have since been patched. if you come across one now chances are it's a fake program containing a keylogger

Oo ok that's interesting.

Arcade$
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh, thanks for the information. If a Habbo account had been bruted, could Habbo find out?

Conservative,
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh, thanks for the information. If a Habbo account had been bruted, could Habbo find out?

Most likely because of the many failed attempts.

Eoin247
02-12-2010, 10:25 PM
habbo has safeguards against bruting i believe.

Posts merged by eSocks (Forum Moderator): Double post caused by forum lag.

Special
02-12-2010, 10:25 PM

they wouldn't know unless it was reported to them & unless you could prove you were a subject of bruting then they can't do anything about it

Conservative,
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
they wouldn't know unless it was reported to them & unless you could prove you were a subject of bruting then they can't do anything about it

If you reported you were hacked they could log the IP and see all the failed log ins.

Arcade$
02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok, so it's basically trying different password combinations to get access to an account.

Special
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Ok, so it's basically trying different password combinations to get access to an account.

yes, you're basically trying to guess a password

Arcade$
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Ok, thanks.

Eoin247
02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I hope you aint gona try this. :)

Arcade$
02-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Of course not :) I just have heard the term being used a lot on Habbo.

Zak
03-12-2010, 01:45 AM
To be honest brute forcing in itself can take hours, days, months, years to try all the combinations. The term you're probably looking for is a dictionary attack.

Jin
03-12-2010, 03:15 AM
To be honest brute forcing in itself can take hours, days, months, years to try all the combinations. The term you're probably looking for is a dictionary attack.

Bingo bango.

To be picky, brute forcing isn't an attempt to try every possible password combination but a list of user defined possible passwords.

Trying every possible password would take longer than a system would be worth quite literally years, most systems have brute protection some are less invasive as others.

For example Habbo and nearly every email provider use a "captcha" or Image verification after x number of failed logins. A captcha is an image displayed where the user types the characters they see in the image as only a human could do this and not a program though some weaker captcha's can be completed by sophisticated bruting software.

Other systems are more aggressive against brute forcing, on Habbox if you enter a password incorrectly 3 times on any of our staff systems it will ban you automatically from our network rendering all Habbox sites unreachable and stopping the brute force attempt.

Josh
03-12-2010, 04:45 AM
IF you managed to get a program that got past the captcha, and got the password, Habbo detect if they finally get a successful log in after so many tries. This happened to me when I bruted my old account's DOB (so I could change the pass). 3000 tries later, I got logged in but it got banned over the next few weeks.

Arcade$
03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
If I am honest, one of my accounts from 2001 got accused of being bruted and I had no idea what this meant. I contacted Habbo to ask exactly what was going on and am awaiting a reply.

triston220
17-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Bingo bango.

To be picky, brute forcing isn't an attempt to try every possible password combination but a list of user defined possible passwords.

It doesn't even have to be user defined. It's just trying different passwords; random or user defined, it's still brute forcing.

Gibs960
18-12-2010, 06:34 PM
If you search "How to hack a habbo account using bruting" there are loads of programs but most of them don't even work as said, most of the downloads contain keyloggers.

triston220
18-12-2010, 07:11 PM
If you search "How to hack a habbo account using bruting" there are loads of programs but most of them don't even work as said, most of the downloads contain keyloggers.

Or remote administration tools. Or they are just offline phishers.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!