PDA

View Full Version : Make a guides section.

Eoin247
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok i've asked about this before a while back in a thread and i was told that guides should just go in general (habbo) discussion.

However i think this is a bad idea as there are so many other threads made there, that guides get pushed back and then become forgotten. Which is such a shame considering the work people may have put into the guides for others to use.

If there was a section just for guides (habbo or otherwise) then peoples guides would be seen more and become much more utilised.

Maybe if there was a way on this guide thread that guides could be rated by votes and so the most useful guides (as rated by members) can be seen at the top if a option is selected.

To conclude please make a guide section, as I don't see any reason not too. :)

Jordan
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
check out www.habbox.com/guides

we already have them!

Oh you mean on the forum, well anyway as above there is one on the main habbox page so there is no need

Special
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
there are guide threads already if that's what you mean

Eoin247
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
check out www.habbox.com/guides

we already have them!

Oh you mean on the forum, well anyway as above there is one on the main habbox page so there is no need

I was talking about guides created by forum members. For example Areva recently made two habbo related guides himself which could have been put into a "habbo guides" section.

Jordan
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm sure they could of (if they knew) PM'd Skizzling (i think) asking about a possibly adding them to the main site?

AgnesIO
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm sure they could of (if they knew) PM'd Skizzling (i think) asking about a possibly adding them to the main site?

I guess a "user submitted guides" page would not be a bad idea - they would have to be redesigned by the content team though I guess - due to the strict layout style hx wants.

Chippiewill
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
It'd be nice to add them to the site, but having a sub-forum for them would just be confusing having it in two places.

Eoin247
03-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I guess a "user submitted guides" page would not be a bad idea - they would have to be redesigned by the content team though I guess - due to the strict layout style hx wants.

Perhaps the guides could be submitted to a certain "guide thread" and then added to the main site if they're seen fit.

Mr-Trainor
03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't really see the need for a sub-forum unless there was a lot of guides (10-15+ threads). Good guides can just be stuck :).

Chippiewill
03-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Perhaps a guide Mega-thread?

Mr-Trainor
03-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Perhaps a guide Mega-thread?

That's what I introduced in the Anything About Trading and Furni forum back when I was a mod, as there were quite a lot of guides in there. The only problem with it, is that people can't reply to it like if they need further assistance from someone.

Eoin247
03-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Well if this was the case, they could always pm the person if they really needed help.

Chippiewill
03-12-2010, 11:42 PM
That's what I introduced in the Anything About Trading and Furni forum back when I was a mod, as there were quite a lot of guides in there. The only problem with it, is that people can't reply to it like if they need further assistance from someone.
The problem with sticky threads is that they dominate the screen even though you visit them like once or twice a year :/

T@R
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I was going to make another thread but i suppose it could just go here,
most of the stacking guides on www.habbox.com are pretty outdated, and there are more stacking techniques that could be added.
I'm no pro stacker, but if you know somebody who is, perhaps they could add to the guides?

Eoin247
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
most of the stacking guides on www.habbox.com are pretty outdated, and there are more stacking techniques that could be added.
I'm no pro stacker, but if you know somebody who is, perhaps they could add to the guides?

Yeah i was looking at the guides recently and there are nowdays much better/easier techniques to use.

Calvin
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm no pro stacker, but if you know somebody who is, perhaps they could add to the guides?Yeah. I'm hoping to redo all the stacking guides pretty soon with new (and easier) methods because I agree that it's pretty outdated.

And at the original post, if they put them in threads then we may aswell remove the guides from Habbox.com because most users would go on the forum to view them. And the people saying about Areva's guide for example, I'm not sure where it would go because it's a guide so perhaps guides but it's more to do with rare values. I'll see what I can do :)

Eoin247
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I wasn't talking about official habbox.com guides, just to make a user created guides thread and then maybe if they are good enough they can be put on habbox.com.

Samantha
06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Why not just a 'guide' forum. Where you could take all the guides from every forum, e.g. the basics of spanish, the graphic guides etc, it would be better than just making it for one specific thing?

Josh
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I actually think a User Written Guide section on the website would be pretty good.

nat965
06-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Why not just a 'guide' forum. Where you could take all the guides from every forum, e.g. the basics of spanish, the graphic guides etc, it would be better than just making it for one specific thing?
I like this idea :) It's worked on another fansite, even though they don't have many guides on that forum. Then you only have to look at one place on the forum for any guide which is written by a member.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!