PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Donation Page idea

Jin
04-12-2010, 02:57 AM
I was thinking about the list of donators that we will publish in January and I am wondering how people feel about the following.

Should we publish just names like the previous years?

Should we publish names and donated amount?

Obviously like previously years you can choose to remain anonymous.

Josh
04-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Should we publish names and donated amount?

Yes as it could possibly become incentive for people to donate even more.

nat965
04-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes as it could possibly become incentive for people to donate even more.
I agree with this.
A little idea, but maybe, when you put it on the site, instead of doing it alphabetically, do it so it says the highest amount of money donated first (If that made sense..)

Jin
04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
I think we may still stick to alphabetical, any contribution little or large is greatly appreciated, I don't want people to feel they are lesser than somebody who donated £20.

Especially as making a charity contribution is easier for some users than others, for instance the 16+'s who have a job compared to the under 16's that try and survive off their paper round.

nat965
04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah, that's a good point, i don't care if you don't do what I suggested :P

Catzsy
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a good idea and alphabetical makes sense.

matt$
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Just name sounds good enough, but i reckon if you put the amount some competitive people may donate more just to be the highest donater which is just as good lol

AgnesIO
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I think it would be good if you put who donated more - as it is likely people will want to donate more and more to be the best.

Although if you donate £1.50, that might be a lot to you - whereas I normally donate about £20 which is nothing major to me - and although it would be good to see who donated loads, it would be unfair on other users..

Perhaps have a 'top ten donators list'?

Matthew
05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I think it would be good if you put who donated more - as it is likely people will want to donate more and more to be the best.

Although if you donate £1.50, that might be a lot to you - whereas I normally donate about £20 which is nothing major to me - and although it would be good to see who donated loads, it would be unfair on other users..

Perhaps have a 'top ten donators list'?

Yeh I agree with this. I think you should put how much has been donated, but obviously £1.50 might be a lot to some users, whereas for others its nothing at all.

But yeah i think having the total donated is largely a good idea :)

Inseriousity.
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I think the total amount donated shouldn't be disclosed as it's for charity, not a competition and it probably wouldn't boost up numbers because it's published in January. Charity should be you want to donate to it rather than because you want the ego boost when everyone knows how much you've donated.

Chippiewill
05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I think the total amount donated shouldn't be disclosed as it's for charity, not a competition and it probably wouldn't boost up numbers because it's published in January. Charity should be you want to donate to it rather than because you want the ego boost when everyone knows how much you've donated.

At heart everyone's selfish, if it's really to donate to charity then why do people buy the VIP they could just donate during the rest of the year. I personally am not terribly bothered whether it goes to charity or not, it's just a plus that it does.

AgnesIO
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
At heart everyone's selfish, if it's really to donate to charity then why do people buy the VIP they could just donate during the rest of the year. I personally am not terribly bothered whether it goes to charity or not, it's just a plus that it does.

Same, I donate for the features and cool username, not what charity it goes to :P

Chippiewill
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Same, I donate for the features and cool username, not what charity it goes to :P

The only event in which I'd not donate for VIP is if it went to BNP, they're not nice :(

Jin
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think we will be publishing amounts, I didn't want it to come across as a competition but it seems that is exactly what will happen.

It will be just names and total amount.

Matthew
05-12-2010, 10:14 PM
You could put a list of 'notable donators', just a list of the NAMES of people who donated a stand out amount, but not the value?

Again, I'm not sure if this would just make people donate more so they could get their name on the list, but hey, you're not telling people how much to donate so maybe it isn't a problem?

lTraditional
05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
You could put a list of 'notable donators', just a list of the NAMES of people who donated a stand out amount, but not the value?

Again, I'm not sure if this would just make people donate more so they could get their name on the list, but hey, you're not telling people how much to donate so maybe it isn't a problem?

I agree with this however those who donated £1.50 may feel proud but then feel bad they have not got onto the list. If we do a seperate section on the website then it would work and so what if it is a competition, raffles are a competition and yet the money usually go to charity. If people donate more then we will have more money to raise for Help for The Heroes Foundation. So becoming a competition might be a good thing if you are getting me.

Conservative,
05-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Just names imo. It shouldn't become a competition.

Nicola
05-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Tbh I'm not fussed either way because both ways sound fine to me.

I hope people don't feel bad that they haven't donated as much as others because they shouldn't feel bad, any contribution is great.

beth
07-12-2010, 03:25 AM
i think that everyone should get a mention but perhaps truly generous donors should have their name underlined in a list perhaps? not with an amount next to it, or just a footnote (for example; special thanks goes to.... etc, etc, etc).

it would be nice for those who do give generously to be appreciated, but people shouldn't expect gratification when giving to charity. it should be a selfless act. :)

GommeInc
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
The fact they gave money is what is important. The amount seems a bit personal and nosey, to be honest :P A list of names should be enough incentive, seeing who has and hasn't.

nvrspk4
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Mm, I know it's already decided but try and stop me from throwing in my two cents.

I think that posting the top 10 donators would be a good compromise, if the main objective was to focus on raising maximum funds for Habbox without completely selling our souls.

However, when we consider that the main intention of this is to be a social-impact project, I think even partial selling-of-the-soul would go against the point of the project, whereas if it was trying to raise funding in a crucial time for Habbox, it might make more sense to do something that would spur some competition, because it would be worth the tradeoff of the competition for the extra funding.

Plus we might have someone go buy absurd amounts of VIP and try to cash in all the rep again.

Unarmoured
07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I support.

AgnesIO
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Mm, I know it's already decided but try and stop me from throwing in my two cents.

I think that posting the top 10 donators would be a good compromise, if the main objective was to focus on raising maximum funds for Habbox without completely selling our souls.

However, when we consider that the main intention of this is to be a social-impact project, I think even partial selling-of-the-soul would go against the point of the project, whereas if it was trying to raise funding in a crucial time for Habbox, it might make more sense to do something that would spur some competition, because it would be worth the tradeoff of the competition for the extra funding.

Plus we might have someone go buy absurd amounts of VIP and try to cash in all the rep again.

What do you consider absurd and do you mean reputation points? :p

Jin
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM
@nvr:

1) Your money is no good here, so take your 2 cents elsewhere peasant.
2) We have tried selling Matt Garners soul, unfortunately people wanted paying to take it off our hands.
3) You do realise we are talking about charity VIP right? It sounds like you are referring to normal donations towards Habbox.

nvrspk4
16-12-2010, 03:32 AM
@nvr:

1) Your money is no good here, so take your 2 cents elsewhere peasant.
2) We have tried selling Matt Garners soul, unfortunately people wanted paying to take it off our hands.
3) You do realise we are talking about charity VIP right? It sounds like you are referring to normal donations towards Habbox.

I'll bring 2 pence next time.
I know I've had the same problem.
That's exactly my point. Soul-selling for raising money might be more acceptable, soul-selling for charity defeats the concept.

I think one week is within thread bump time :unsure:

Catzsy
16-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll bring 2 pence next time.
I know I've had the same problem.
That's exactly my point. Soul-selling for raising money might be more acceptable, soul-selling for charity defeats the concept.

I think one week is within thread bump time :unsure:

You are fine. It is within a reasonable time now - about 14 days.

Narnat,
16-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I would say maybe just their name because it shouldn't matter what someone has donated. All that should matter is that they donated something.

buttons
16-12-2010, 10:47 AM
i agree with that, you can put the top donators but not necessarily the amount. if the top donators are asked they can say how much they donated or w/e if they want..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!