PDA

View Full Version : :S What should i do?

toofpikk
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Ok so I've been getting texts from a guy who I have no idea who he is asking me stuff like "what's my name" Where are you from" "Male or female" "how old are you" ect.

I checked to make sure it's not my brother or friends tricking me so it's not that. I've blocked their number but I don't know if I should do anything else.

Should I contact my phone provider or the police or something? :S

Help please. My bro said give +rep to helpful answers. (yn)

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Discuss Anything' as it should get a better response here.

Deak
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
The best thing to do is just block the number which you have and think no more about it.

toofpikk
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
The best thing to do is just block the number which you have and think no more about it.

That's what my bro said and then if he somehow gets me again then tell someone. I'm just scared he some how found out my address...plus I have no idea how he even got my number. :S

Arron
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for choosing us to help you :)
*maybe should be moved to the Health, Life & Relationships forum*

Basically if I was in your shoes (as I am probably older than you, judging that you are feeling concerned) I would genuinely just carry on the conversation as it would most of the time turn out to be someone you know. The person texting you must've got your number from a friend or something, unless you have shared your phone number online, such as Facebook, Skype - those sort of networking/communication products.

Strangers texting you (even if it is someone playing a prank) isn't allowed and I would actually go to the police if it is concerning you :)

Glad I have helped!

Deak
04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
That's what my bro said and then if he somehow gets me again then tell someone. I'm just scared he some how found out my address...plus I have no idea how he even got my number. :S

If it starts to happen again then you do need to contact somebody & it probably will just be somebody playing a prank on you

Special
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
block the number & if it continues after that on another phone/number then contact the police

Conservative,
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for choosing us to help you :)
*maybe should be moved to the Health, Life & Relationships forum*

Basically if I was in your shoes (as I am probably older than you, judging that you are feeling concerned) I would genuinely just carry on the conversation as it would most of the time turn out to be someone you know. The person texting you must've got your number from a friend or something, unless you have shared your phone number online, such as Facebook, Skype - those sort of networking/communication products.

Strangers texting you (even if it is someone playing a prank) isn't allowed and I would actually go to the police if it is concerning you :)

Glad I have helped!

I'll answer this for him x]. He did keep up the convo until he asked the guy how he got his number and then the guy stopped texting him. He rang him to see who would pick up and no one did.

He hasn't put his number on facebook which is the only thing he has like that so..it's kinda weird lol. I haven't done it and I checked the numbers on my facebook phonebook and it doesn't come up with anyone (and I do have a few of his friends)...soooo creepy :S!

And yeah I expected you guys to reply with that that's what I told him. Block it (as he has done) and then if it continues then contact the police.

Stephen
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
ask to meet up with him, bring a knife and stab the mother******

or just ignore it

Eoin247
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Ignore it, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's probably nothing too serious, maybe just a prank call from a freind.

toofpikk
04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Ignore it, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's probably nothing too serious, maybe just a prank call from a freind.

It's not from a friend. I know that, and he said he's called Alan and he's 30 and all this stuff :S

Eoin247
04-12-2010, 11:00 PM
How do you know for sure it's not from a freind pretending to be 30 to freak you out?

kuzkasate
05-12-2010, 04:37 PM
If he doesnt know your name.. or age, then how will he know where you live?

Its most probably a prank. It might not even be from a friend, I know loads of people that just text random numbers and prank them.. or someone that has your number, could of given it to someone else.

Sharon
05-12-2010, 04:44 PM
It's not from a friend. I know that, and he said he's called Alan and he's 30 and all this stuff :S

no one said he was telling the truth
if i was the texter i would say oh i'm shaz and i'm 12 ...
obviously you won't find out who it is (probably) try and get on with life now if you've blocked it.
if your that paranoid phone the police

Rixion
05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Either politely say to stop, or yeah just block them and think no more of it.

Recursion
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
He could have had the number from whoever had your number before. Mobile networks reuse numbers so someone could have had it before you.

Catzsy
06-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't understand why you haven't told your parents. I am sure they would give you some advice on this. :)

Grober001
06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
:SHey matt it is Joe. Have you told ur parents?? Look i know it sounds cheesy but i need 2 knw

Conservative,
06-12-2010, 06:49 PM
:SHey matt it is Joe. Have you told ur parents?? Look i know it sounds cheesy but i need 2 knw

Yeah he told Mum. Hi Joe :P (You actually gunna post round here? xD)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!