PDA

View Full Version : Why not.

sophiethenerd
05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I want to buy Christmas VIP. Good cause and that. However via mobile phone is the only way I could do that and that isnt an availble method of pay. I would love to donate but I can't .When will donation via SMS be fixed.:(

xxMATTGxx
05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I want to buy Christmas VIP. Good cause and that. However via mobile phone is the only way I could do that and that isnt an availble method of pay. I would love to donate but I can't .When will donation via SMS be fixed.:(

I'm assuming you can't buy due to your network banning/barring premium rate phone numbers? What colour would you like, I'll be nice and buy you some.

sophiethenerd
05-12-2010, 02:10 PM
No its just I dont really want to buy via phone due to my family phone bill.And blue please .:D Matt your awesome!

xxMATTGxx
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
No its just I dont really want to buy via phone due to my family phone bill.And blue please .:D Matt your awesome!

You do know the system is like SMS? You just phone that number on your mobile and you type the code in the dial-pad when it asks and boom the purchase is complete. Either way, I've said I'll get you some and I'll buy it now. :P

Matthew
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I used my mobile using the DaoPay system or whatever, the calls cost me £1.60 each, so I only got charged an extra 10p!

It works perfectly fine with your mobile :)

sophiethenerd
05-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh.Thats clever.But yeah thank you thank you thank you thank you.

xxMATTGxx
05-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh.Thats clever.But yeah thank you thank you thank you thank you.

There you go. :)

I used my mobile using the DaoPay system or whatever, the calls cost me £1.60 each, so I only got charged an extra 10p!

It works perfectly fine with your mobile :)

Thanks for the confirmation of the price, I keep forgetting to check! :P

Jin
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Well in reality the price is dependant on each network.

So erm yeah :P could be more on other networks.

Nicola
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
It cost me about £1.60 too and I'm on O2.

I quite like this system as it was really simple, easy and quick to use. I prefer it to the SMS system.

Matthew
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
To add to what I said earlier, it cost me £1.60 and I'm on T-Mobile :)

nat965
06-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Cost me $3.50 (or around that) and I'm with Telstra.
I like this system :)

Unarmoured
06-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm assuming you can't buy due to your network banning/barring premium rate phone numbers? What colour would you like, I'll be nice and buy you some.

True playa.

Chippiewill
06-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Maximum call charge from a BT landline is £1.50 per call.
Calls from other networks may vary.
Always ask the bill payers permission first.

Simples!

Mark
06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I just did it via paypal, personally I think the SMS would be more suitable for younger members because they may be a little nervous or concerned phoning a number that they don't know what is going to happen. Some may not have the confidence to do it. What is up with the SMS system anyway and how come it is taking so long to repair?

Suspective
06-12-2010, 09:46 PM
It might be because of the fact, SMS donations never make us much as Paypal donations. Seeing the big mobile payment companies, take a massive chunk in commission and with the payment only being a £1. It isn't really worth it.

Just my thoughts anyway :P

xxMATTGxx
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
The reason SMS is not actually here at the moment is because it kept breaking and a few users reported it actually took money off them even without completing the purchase. I remember when the system sent me 7 text messages back saying thank you for buying and so on, it was quite a buggy system really. Although I'm sure if Jin can get it back then it will be back sometime soon.

Jordan
06-12-2010, 10:31 PM
The reason SMS is not actually here at the moment is because it kept breaking and a few users reported it actually took money off them even without completing the purchase. I remember when the system sent me 7 text messages back saying thank you for buying and so on, it was quite a buggy system really. Although I'm sure if Jin can get it back then it will be back sometime soon.

I hope it's back soon, wanting to buy 6 months xmas vip :(

xxMATTGxx
06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I hope it's back soon, wanting to buy 6 months xmas vip :(

I'm guessing you can't do it the phone number way due to your network barring premium rate phone numbers? :P

Jordan
06-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm guessing you can't do it the phone number way due to your network barring premium rate phone numbers? :P

No, I only have like 7 quid on my phone anyway. So ringing will use up, I dont know how much. I might try get some more credit on though and see if I can do it that way. If the SMS won't be coming before the Christmas VIP leaves, can someone say atleast so then I know I will have to ring?

beth
06-12-2010, 11:37 PM
i'm on o2 and got charged £1.80 ahaha. lame.

edit: @matt, we had so much fun with the sms system over summer.... ahaha!

xxMATTGxx
06-12-2010, 11:39 PM
i'm on o2 and got charged £1.80 ahaha. lame.

edit: @matt, we had so much fun with the sms system over summer.... ahaha!

The joys we had thanks to the lovely SMS System LOL! Bloody thing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!