PDA

View Full Version : Okay so just in case..

Conservative,
05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
In the (likely) event my iPod has decided to die on me what should I get?

It's a 64gb iPod Touch cost about £300...I won't be getting another one till my birthday but yeah.

Suggestions? Not really expensive because I doubt my Dad will be all up for buying me a really expensive iPod again (a)

As I said this is just in case...But my phone is also kinda crap (got it for my Birthday this year with my iPod)...and if I could get something to replace the both of them fairly cheaply, that would be cool...

So uhm...yeah, I know about iPhones but he has refused to get me an iPhone 4...I may be able to persuade him to get me an iPhone 3 but I don't know how willing he'd be...and I don't know how much they cost.

Good suggestions get +rep.

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Technology Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

Deak
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Well i was going to get the iPod touch from my dad but I've decided that I've decided to put some money towards getting an iPhone...

so if it was me I'd either get then new iPod Touch or an iPhone 3/4

Unarmoured
05-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Get an iPod shuffle or one of the 2nd gen iPod touches with 8GB. You can get them quite cheap off eBay.

Conservative,
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Well i was going to get the iPod touch from my dad but I've decided that I've decided to put some money towards getting an iPhone...

so if it was me I'd either get then new iPod Touch or an iPhone 3/4

I wonder if I saved up enough money he'd let me get the phone...problem is all the contracts are really expensive and for some reason he's against PAYG ;l but...I guess I'll just have to wait until my touch arrives.

I guess I gonna be having to save money...+rep btw.

and uhm..I was thinking..what are these android thingies like..? Aren't they supposed to be cheaper versions of iPhones or something?

Deak
06-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I wonder if I saved up enough money he'd let me get the phone...problem is all the contracts are really expensive and for some reason he's against PAYG ;l but...I guess I'll just have to wait until my touch arrives.

I guess I gonna be having to save money...+rep btw.

and uhm..I was thinking..what are these android thingies like..? Aren't they supposed to be cheaper versions of iPhones or something?

I think they are very similar but you can do more on an iPhone & the apps are better too... but thats only from what i've read on the Internet and from friends of mine.

ty for rep :)

Chippiewill
06-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I think they are very similar but you can do more on an iPhone & the apps are better too... but thats only from what i've read on the Internet and from friends of mine.

Flame :P, Android phones are currently outselling iPhones, you also get Angry Birds for free (Unlike iPhone) which is cool, you don't have Apple controlling which apps you can use etc.

Android phones are best thought of as windows in the smart phone world, more configurable but slightly less polished. If you want more control then Android is definitely a good choice.

Eoin247
06-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd get the iphone if i were you, it's really such a handy device and actualy kinda hardy unlike the other ******* smart phones.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!