PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite handheld Pokemon game?

Neversoft
06-12-2010, 02:49 AM
So I made a thread earlier asking your favourite Zelda game (here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=677588) it is, make sure you vote!) bur decided asking the same question but with Pokemon games instead would be more interesting.

So, what handheld Pokemon game do you think is the best?

- Pokemon Red and Blue
- Pokemon Yellow
- Pokemon Gold and Silver
- Pokemon Crystal
- Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- Pokemon Emerald
- Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
- Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokemon Platinum
- Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
- Pokemon Black and White

It is between Ruby and Silver for me, but I think I'll have to go Silver. So many hours spent enjoying that game and capturing Lugia and beating Trainer Red was just the most epic thing ever.

Hands down, the best moment in a Pokemon game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acbPU4wYJw

http://i56.tinypic.com/2enw4zm.jpg

ChickenFaces
06-12-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm a fan of the Red and Blue games. Blastoise was my favorite pokemon. :D

Gibs960
07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Pokemon Fire Red, amazing game even though I think it was brought out before I was born.

Nemo
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Pokemon Fire Red, amazing game even though I think it was brought out before I was born.
The originals of those (red and green) were released in 1996, so im assuming they were :P

Neversoft
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM

So you're a maximum of six years old?

Nemo
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I voted gold and silver, partly because they were my first pokemon games and bring back so many beautiful memories

Neversoft
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
You joined the game late bro. Everyone I knew had either Pokemon Red or Blue back in the day. Blue was my first Pokemon game but I never really got into it much, then Gold and Silver came out and I was like PHHWOOORRR! It's actually depressing to think American kids had these games a year before us and Japanese kids had them two years before us. Europe is always so far behind.

Nemo
07-12-2010, 08:38 PM
You joined the game late bro. Everyone I knew had either Pokemon Red or Blue back in the day. Blue was my first Pokemon game but I never really got into it much, then Gold and Silver came out and I was like PHHWOOORRR! It's actually depressing to think American kids has these games a year before us and Japanese kids had them two years before us. Europe is always so far behind.
Hey, i was poor! :( I only got gold because i found a gameboy colour. I was so happy that day.

Ah beautiful memories.

buttons
07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
umm crystal and gold were my favourite but they're pretty much the same, right;p
but red/blue/yellow were harder even though there was much less to it, i'd rather they were as hard as that in crystal/gold but idk

Slient
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
gold and silver, my first GBC games

Neversoft
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey, i was poor! :( I only got gold because i found a gameboy colour. I was so happy that day.

Ah beautiful memories.

Haha, I remember getting a purple Gameboy Colour for my 8th or 9th Birthday. I sold it some years back to my neighbour for like £5 which I regret so much. Selling it was like selling a part of myself. I want it back...

sammy
07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
My favourite is probably gold & silver, I've played them all except the relatively new ones (haven't really played Diamond & Pearl and onwards) and I used to love them as a kid!

T@R
07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
The originals of those (red and green) were released in 1996, so im assuming they were :P
Wasn't it red or blue..?
My favourite is also fire red/ leaf green because first gen pokemon are clearly the best, but having them on a colour game makes it so much better ;D
Second favourite was yellow because you had the ability to get ALL THREE starter pokemon. My red/blue friends were so jealous! ;3

Nemo
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Wasn't it red or blue..?
My favourite is also fire red/ leaf green because first gen pokemon are clearly the best, but having them on a colour game makes it so much better ;D
Second favourite was yellow because you had the ability to get ALL THREE starter pokemon. My red/blue friends were so jealous! ;3
Afaik, nope. Fire red and leaf green, kinda in the name :P

Gibs960
07-12-2010, 09:01 PM
11 actually :)

Unarmoured
07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
My favourite was the original Pokémon Silver, used to love that game.

T@R
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Afaik, nope. Fire red and leaf green, kinda in the name :P
I thought you were talking about the original two?
Which I'm pretty sure were Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, with a Charizard and a Blastoise on the covers respectively?

Nemo
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I thought you were talking about the original two?
Which I'm pretty sure were Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, with a Charizard and a Blastoise on the covers respectively?
After a quick google, yeah they were. My bad!

Ajthedragon
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Gold and Silver, the shock of 100 new pokemon at the age of 5 really enchanted me! I have bought every game since Yellow, and my love for them never leaves me. Its great knowing I played the originals in 2D! Black and White are really good too - I had a go on a rom and I had to stop playing simply because I didn't understand Japanese and I didn't want to ruin it for myself.

Chikorita 4 lyfe. ;)

Camy
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
My favourite is either Blue or Yellow, played them a ridiculous ammount of time, and yellow was so cool to have pikachu chasing around behind you lol.

FlyingJesus
07-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Norbert stop being wrong about pokemon

I've spent hundreds of hours (literally I am cool) on crystal which is basically gold/silver with one extra pokemon and a few different events although silver's prob best so that you can actually get lugia with aeroblast

Neversoft
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Aha, same. My play time on Ruby is currently 294 hours and 9 minutes and I have spent well over 100 hours on the rest up to Diamond and Pearl. Wow, digging out Pokemon Ruby and my Gameboy Advance SP to check my play time brought back so many memories. My SP is even the limited edition Groudon one. :P Childhood well spent.

Zak
07-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I voted pokemon red (& blue), as this was the first ever one I brought and the one I played the most. I still have a cheeky little play on it too every so often :)

Eoin247
08-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Oh i remember Gold, great memories. :)

Rashelly
06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
i guess i have to say Blue because it was the first Pokemon game I played.

I found my GBC a few weeks ago! It has a battery pack in it but i have no idea where the charger is :(

I've recently been playing soul silver (late, I know... But I was busy when it came out), just got to fight Red. I like soul silver... nostalgic :p

lPinoy
06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
i've never really been a fan of pokemon but i do remember playing out gold on gameboy colour so yeeee.

Zuth
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Blue! First I owned!

Johno
06-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I remember buying Pokemon Gold in spain whilst I was on holiday and having so much fun :) Ill have to look them out again :P

Thomas
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
leaf green :D the first pokemon game i ever played.

Banana Pancakes
06-02-2011, 06:28 PM
i only had blue and ruby, but i could sucked into ruby far more so that's my vote.

.Shaun,,
06-02-2011, 06:44 PM
blue :P

april
15-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Original gold and silver, almost wet my bed on release day of those games. 16 badges and then an epic battle with Red? Sorry but no other Pokemon games hold any competition with this until they do something like that again.

jackass
15-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Pokemon Blue > Pokemon Yellow > Pokemon Silver.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!