PDA

View Full Version : How Much?

T@R
06-12-2010, 01:19 PM
There's currently a competition about how much the Throne will cost on the 7th of December and it seems a tad unfair that people are stilling posting entries on the 6th, whilst others posted a few days back, leaving more to chance.
I'm guess people will still be posting tomorrow too, so they're going to have the more accurate guesses,
this isn't sour grapes or anything, but I think if you're to do another similar competition you should leave a good few days between the closing date and the date that you'll be taking the value from.

Alex3213
06-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey there HowIAm!

I agree with you completely and I totally understand your point of view: I was extremely inclined to put the date as 10th December but I thought it would have been too long for a winner to be decided and that'd make general annoyance for everyone. We've had this the same sort of comment a few times, I know where you're coming from and I was pretty sure that I'd have put it at least another 24 hours, yet I didn't. However, people can enter whenever they want and it's a mixture of getting your number first (as stated, if your number has already been chosen then it'll go to the person who posted first) or timing it to the very last day.

Just a heads up, all competitions close at 23:59 GMT on the day before the date in the title. Therefore, they only have 7 hours 20 minutes to get entries in.

In future I know that this is something I will be sure on and at least waiting 24 hours, but thank you for the feedback. As I said, it's a mixture of timing and getting your number first.

Thanks!

T@R
06-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Ok, thanks Alex (:
I didn't want this to seem like a rant or anything, more of just a notice.

Alex3213
06-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes well in a way I actually think it would have been better as a rant (lol, now I've said everything! :P) but I think it's good that people are bringing this to our attention. I think the theory of why I left it at 17:00 GMT remains the same, though for the reasons I've said above but in future I may have added another 24 hours onto that, just to give the Throne time to float about. :D

EDIT: Just to add, we're all learning and I think that's what makes this job so fun. I think there's always gonna be a "if I did this again I would..." and sometimes you just don't get to try these ideas again. I think it's nice that you are pointing things out to help us out. :D

Inseriousity.
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I decided to wait until the competition had ended and the winner chosen until I replied to this thread. While the winner hasn't got their PM yet (as far as I'm aware), I don't mind revealing that the value of the throne at the time in question was 444c and that the winner, getting the exact amount, was TayTay.

The important point however is the date that TayTay entered: 3rd December, a day after the competition was posted to the public. If someone had also guessed 444c nearer to the closing date, TayTay was first and so would have won. It's all a matter of luck really! Despite that, I understand your concerns and apologise that this wasn't even thought of before it was posted. Next time, we will rectify this.

Thanks for your feedback +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!