PDA

View Full Version : DSLR/SLR Cameras

Unarmoured
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Can someone recommend me a good DSLR/SLR camera between the price range of £200-£400. If you have experience in photography it would be a plus.

+Rep for any good suggestions.

Johno
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
In the same position at the moment, for a starter it has to be either:

Canon 1000D
Nikon D3100 (or the D3000 if you want to save a bit more)

GommeInc
06-12-2010, 05:33 PM
In the same position at the moment, for a starter it has to be either:

Canon 1000D
Nikon D3100 (or the D3000 if you want to save a bit more)
Johno has pretty much pointed out the two major brands - Nikon and Canon. I'm usually biased towards Nikon as I have the Nikon D50 and D80, both of which are good cameras.

Recursion
06-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Nikon D3000 with the lens that comes with it (can't remember which lens)

Cheryl
06-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I was in this predicament about 4 months ago.
For me it was between the two already pointed out in this thread: the 1000D and D3000. I was going to get both which is the kit lens (18-55mm)
However the deciding factor for me was that my grandfather already have a 350D and a 1D and had a buttload of lenses, which in the last week he has now passed onto me. This has saved me thousands of pounds and in my opinion should be a main factor as all canon ef and ef-s lenses will fit a new DSLR body.
Otherwise, if there are no lenses of any brand you will be able to borrow/ acquire, go into a good camera retailer and feel them, just see which one feels best.

EDIT: Also you could try the Sony a290. Although there are not a lot of Sony users at the moment, they will be a growing breed and more and more will start using them as the build quality is amazing.

Stephen!
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Where's DarrenTooGood!?

Jin
06-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry cheryl just wanted to point out,

EF-S won't fit a 5D or 1D as it will destroy the camera. But EF lenses are compatible across the whole range.

Nikon have their own issues as well with which lenses fit their top spec camera.

There isn't much difference between nikon and canon as they are both competing against each other

the 1000D is canons entry level camera and D3000 is nikons both are around the same price, similar spec.

I would suggest holding them both in your hands to evaluate which one feels right for you.

Cheryl
06-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry cheryl just wanted to point out,

EF-S won't fit a 5D or 1D as it will destroy the camera. But EF lenses are compatible across the whole range.

Nikon have their own issues as well with which lenses fit their top spec camera.

There isn't much difference between nikon and canon as they are both competing against each other

the 1000D is canons entry level camera and D3000 is nikons both are around the same price, similar spec.

I would suggest holding them both in your hands to evaluate which one feels right for you.

Really?
Sorry for any confusion and I have now been put straight +rep.

EDIT: Have to spread :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!