PDA

View Full Version : Is my cat playing or fighting?

Special
06-12-2010, 07:49 PM
we took a male cat in (about 1 years old) about 2 weeks ago

ever since we took him, when you put your hand down or over the chair or something, if he is near you he will grab your arm/hand with both claws and put his teeth around you. i don't know if he is actually biting or just playing

any help?
also any info on what unusual behavior to expect from him being a young, stray male?

Catzsy
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Difficult to assess but sounds unless he hurts sounds like he is playing. Does he have any toys?
Best to take it easy with him by picking up and stroking if you can. He will come around in his own good time. Is he nuetered?

Suspective
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
He might be playing, as my cat after you stroke it or sit next to it after a while it does that and I am pretty sure he isn't fighting. Have you given him the cut LOL

as he might spray your house

Rozi
06-12-2010, 07:57 PM
My friends cat does this and he's just mental ahaha. Some cats are just like that, but getting them neutered improves the behaviour.

Special
06-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Difficult to assess but sounds unless he hurts sounds like he is playing. Does he have any toys?
Best to take it easy with him by picking up and stroking if you can. He will come around in his own good time. Is he nuetered?

it kinda hurts yeah but then again i don't know what both playing fighting bites feel like so i don't know lol
his pupils dilate btw if that's anything to go by. what does nuetered mean?

He might be playing, as my cat after you stroke it or sit next to it after a while it does that and I am pretty sure he isn't fighting. Have you given him the cut LOL

as he might spray your house

what's the cut? he doesn't spray the house

we think he is from another home because he seems healthy

Catzsy
06-12-2010, 07:59 PM
it kinda hurts yeah but then again i don't know what both playing fighting bites feel like so i don't know lol
his pupils dilate btw if that's anything to go by

what's the cut? he doesn't spray the house

we think he is from another home because he seems healthy

Well if his teeth don't sink in but his claws are sharp then he is probably playing. They do look kind of evil though sometimes. He maybe bored and needs a toy to play with.

Special
06-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Well if his teeth don't sink in but his claws are sharp then he is probably playing. They do look kind of evil though sometimes. He maybe bored and needs a toy to play with.

yeah he doesn't sink his teeth in & probably - he doesn't have any toys
we will get some asap

Jordan
06-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Because you took him in, he may be scared and not actually use to human contact. I'm sure this will calm down and he will be fine. It may after all be playing.

Special
06-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Because you took him in, he may be scared and not actually use to human contact. I'm sure this will calm down and he will be fine. It may after all be playing.

i don't think that's the problem tbh, he'll happily come and sit on your lap & let him stoke you will he falls asleep

Jordan
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Maybe he gets scared, because you hand goes down on him, if you get me. But as I said before it could just be playing in the end

Circadia
06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Neutered means getting his private bits cut off ;)

and if he was from another home and was hit then he might be scared if you put your hand down that your going to hurt him. But if he is bored get him some toys to play with and he will start biting that instead of you :L

Narnat,
06-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I think that if he was going to be aggressive you'd know! So I think he could just be playing..

Suspective
06-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Neutered means getting his private bits cut off ;)

and if he was from another home and was hit then he might be scared if you put your hand down that your going to hurt him. But if he is bored get him some toys to play with and he will start biting that instead of you :L

That is the cut basically :L

Arch
06-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I believe if the tail is moving back and forth it means their playing, but if its stiff there attacking.
Although that might be dogs i can't remeber :P

Jordan
06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I believe if the tail is moving back and forth it means their playing, but if its stiff there attacking.
Although that might be dogs i can't remeber :P

With my dog, her tail wags so fast, im not surprised one day she will start to fly ;l

Arch
06-12-2010, 09:45 PM
With my dog, her tail wags so fast, im not surprised one day she will start to fly ;l

lmaoo , wags was the word i was looking for in my other post i just couldnt think of it

Special
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
ok thanks everyone i'll keep a look out :)

louder
09-12-2010, 03:26 AM
if he was attacking you, you'd know about it.
cats tend to hurt when they play with you, hence why i never go near them, because i'm a massive girl.
but if it was to properly attack you it would mess you up.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!