PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the DJs

Calvin
07-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Hey!

I'm not sure if I suggested this before, probably to Jess/Scotty but I would really like to see the return of Battle Of The DJs. Basically, there was four teams ran by Head DJs but perhaps now you can do two Head DJs and two Senior DJs. The teams were:

Team Ready T (ran by Finkelstien) (http://www.habbo.com/groups/215824/id)
Team Lizzy (ran by Lepore) (http://www.habbo.com/groups/TeamLizzy)
Team Mikey (ran by KnuxIBF/UKKnuxIBF$) (http://www.habbo.com/groups/teammikey)
Think there was one more, can't remember

Basically they all hold events, competitions, giveaways and whoever gets the most users in the group wins. But anyway, although it won't be the same it's worth a try because it'll get plenty of users involved and coming to Habbox.

Conservative,
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I like the idea but I don't like the groups joining thing because it's basically "who has the most furni to giveaway" will win...because they'll just do giveaways every day ;l

I think maybe with the new DJ feedback system coming in V6 it could be done where the DJ is scored and then the scores for each team is added up. That would be better.

If not then it would have to be something like a vote at the end of a week/fortnight of DJing, who they think the best team is, because as I said if you have a team who all have several thrones & loads of furni against a team with not much furni in the group idea...who's going to win? The team with loads of furni ofc.

Or if you were to use groups...they could be limited to 1 giveaway per DJ..or something? Because otherwise as I said it's not Battle of the DJs it's Battle of the richest.

But I see where you're coming from, it would be good to get new people :)

despect
07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
i really like this idea, it'd be easy to put everyone into teams so i'd like to see this happen hopefully Gemma will agree and you'll see a return. :)

Grig
07-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Ohhhhh I was in team ready-t and made it win back in good ol' '07.

This was not a battle of the DJs. This was the international extravaganza where DJs spread HxL internationally through a series of events and competitions on various hotels and the HxW forums. Jess knows all about this ;].

Similar things have happened after, known as the DJ challenges.

Suspective
07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
I remember when this happened a couple of years ago or so ago. It was a really fun time, and made the radio more interesting :)

I'd be up for it and I'm sure rules could be put in place to stop cheating and bribery. As long as the groups are fair e.g. equal amount of DJs from each sub-group and rules restricting giveaways etc.

Even though, its all about events really and making the radio more exciting!

Hopefully, we might see a rise in listeners.

Calvin
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Ohhhhh I was in team ready-t and made it win back in good ol' '07.

This was not a battle of the DJs. This was the international extravaganza where DJs spread HxL internationally through a series of events and competitions on various hotels and the HxW forums. Jess knows all about this ;].

Similar things have happened after, known as the DJ challenges.Haha yeah, wasn't sure on the name so that was more appropiate than anything. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!