PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Reindeer Racing

Mathew
08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/rvk395.png

Well this is Reindeer Racing which will be used for future events. Any improvements which you think should be done?

The wired furni wasn't half annoying.. :@

j0rd
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
That looks really good, and so fun :D
I would make more obstacles to make it more of a challenge though

Mathew
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I added in the pets to act as obstacles but they could get annoying after a while. Maybe I should try and get some of the banzai pyramid things (if I can bring myself to spend more credits on a room :P). We'll see.

Unarmoured
08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Nice concept, I'd seperate the control panels though.

Mr-Trainor
08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
It looks really good Matt! I like the use of the banzai tiles, and the way all the wired is stacked under the presents in the corner :D. +rep.

Jordan
08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Love your room Matt, very nice!

Mathew
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice concept, I'd seperate the control panels though.
I considered this but that would mean having to open a hatch or something to let people in to the other control panel, which is just wasting time :P

It looks really good Matt! I like the use of the banzai tiles, and the way all the wired is stacked under the presents in the corner :D. +rep.
Shhh Luke, nobody is meant to know that the wired is hidden there!! :P Might be an idea to raise the reindeers and sleigh above the presents so it looks like they're flying.. might look a bit random though? :O
Thanks for +rep x

Love your room Matt, very nice!
Cheers Jord :) x

Conservative,
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice room but do not understand the idea :L

Mathew
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Nice room but do not understand the idea :L
Haha. Two players use the control pads to guide their reindeers around the track. The first person to get back to the beginning wins. Simple :D

Conservative,
08-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Haha. Two players use the control pads to guide their reindeers around the track. The first person to get back to the beginning wins. Simple :D

Oo ok. Mind if I pinch the room for an event? :L

Mathew
08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Oo ok. Mind if I pinch the room for an event? :L
I'll see if that can be arranged, let me know in booking thread ;D

Icemaniceice
08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Looks pretty cool :D I have actually never tried a racing game with the new wired furniture before. +Rep for awesome room.

Andii
08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
wow mathew that room is amazing :) :) love it nice work mate

Josh
09-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Nice presents... and corners...

Good job on actually getting it made. :) I really like it and I really love the christmas-y feel to it.

One suggestion, if you end up getting some spare credits though. Working out conditons and stuff so that when the reindeer hits the corner, it rotates into the direction it's heading. However, this would be a very hard task to do. :P

Alex3213
09-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Yes well I think we both know that the control pads need to be seperated. What you could do is have it so that the door opens and then shuts after one person, so two people aren't let in. That would be a good idea. I also suggest getting the Banzai Pyramids, they are very nice obstacles which do stop, rather than flying up high. That's another flaw (the height upon going on some obstacles) but I know you cba to sort it out. :P

wiktoria
09-12-2010, 08:52 AM
lol @ nice presents Josh.
I really like the room I think everything goes well together. I do agree with Unarmoured you should seperate the control panels :)

Catzsy
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Looks good and quite a unique event. :)

nat965
09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I agree with whoever (forgot) said to add a little more obstacles, to make it harder.
I like the presents on the side all stacked up, adds a Christmas-sey feel too the room :P

Eoin247
09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Love the room and idea man. +Rep

Is there a line somewhere for people to wait?

Martin
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Owow that's fabulous! :D Love that you've included all the penguins there and I think the presents look great! Love the reindeers too! Lovelyyyy! :D

giltinux
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
wow very nice room :)

Mr-Trainor
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Is there a line somewhere for people to wait?So I'm not the only one! Took me agess to spot it :P.

As for adding pyramids, I completely agree and think they'd be a great obstacle to add :D.

T@R
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Not really much to fault here, the thrones look a bit out of place but I like the idea behind this.
I've seen people do this and it takes a really long time, which could be a problem on such a long course, have you tested it yet?

Alex3213
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Not really much to fault here, the thrones look a bit out of place but I like the idea behind this.
I've seen people do this and it takes a really long time, which could be a problem on such a long course, have you tested it yet?

I'll speak for Mathew here and it has been tested but the reindeers go on some of the obstacles and can go upto the higher presents which causes problems.

Mathew
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Looks pretty cool :D I have actually never tried a racing game with the new wired furniture before. +Rep for awesome room.
Cheers, appreciated x

Nice presents... and corners...

Good job on actually getting it made. :) I really like it and I really love the christmas-y feel to it.

One suggestion, if you end up getting some spare credits though. Working out conditons and stuff so that when the reindeer hits the corner, it rotates into the direction it's heading. However, this would be a very hard task to do. :P
I've been contemplating whether to make the room or not for weeks (ever since I first saw Scalextric, actually) but I thought I'd finally make an effort and make a.. er.. semi-original event for Habbox :P
I'm not sure how I could make the reindeers bump off the corners. You'd have to use the condition "Furni States and Positions Match" and also the effect "Move and Rotate Furni" but I don't know what the trigger would be, and I also don't know if it's worth it. There are 16 corners which could mean 16 groups of wired :P

Nice suggestion though. I don't think I have that many "spare" credits though! :P

Yes well I think we both know that the control pads need to be seperated. What you could do is have it so that the door opens and then shuts after one person, so two people aren't let in. That would be a good idea. I also suggest getting the Banzai Pyramids, they are very nice obstacles which do stop, rather than flying up high. That's another flaw (the height upon going on some obstacles) but I know you cba to sort it out. :P
I've now seperated the control pads and wired it so the door closes. Also got 10 banzai pyramids to put out.
and yeah, cba sorting out the height thing. I've got rid of the ice cubes so there won't be the height problem with that.. but it will still mess up if the reindeer happens to run into SOME of the presents. I don't know why it does it in some places but not others, so I'll just ignore it for now.

I agree with whoever (forgot) said to add a little more obstacles, to make it harder.
I like the presents on the side all stacked up, adds a Christmas-sey feel too the room :P
Yep, added some banzai pyramids now. It was my original intention to use the presents to simply hide the wired furni, but it does look quite a nice backdrop now :P

Love the room and idea man. +Rep

Is there a line somewhere for people to wait?
Cheers, appreciated. The line is near where the sleigh and reindeer is :)

Owow that's fabulous! :D Love that you've included all the penguins there and I think the presents look great! Love the reindeers too! Lovelyyyy! :D
Thanks Martin. Indeed, I finally found a use for those 26 penguins that haven't moved from my room for 2 years! :P

It was my original intention to have four reindeers racing, but a) it would cost a bomb and b) it would be rather impractical to have four "2-space items" going around at the same time. Thrones.. look fine in my opinion with the colour scheme :P

I'll speak for Mathew here and it has been tested but the reindeers go on some of the obstacles and can go upto the higher presents which causes problems.
How bloody annoying.

Here's a screenshot of the updated room:

http://i55.tinypic.com/33k9bfr.png

EDIT: just realised that there's a candy cane blocking the track fully but I've moved it now and cba redoing a screenie, haha! :P

Eoin247
09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh lol i feel like an idiot now, i totaly missed seeing the line there.

Ajthedragon
09-12-2010, 09:41 PM
This is "sick". "Totally Awesome". thought id use some cool new language kty

---------- Post added 09-12-2010 at 09:41 PM ----------

oooerr and rep+

Mathew
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh lol i feel like an idiot now, i totaly missed seeing the line there.
People are automatically sent to the line upon entering the room (using wired) so it kinda' works being there :P

This is "sick". "Totally Awesome". thought id use some cool new language kty

---------- Post added 09-12-2010 at 09:41 PM ----------

oooerr and rep+
I must admit, I've always thought "sick" meant "terrible" up until a few weeks ago :P:P
Cheers for rep bud x

Matthew
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Matt that room is amazing.

The presents and banzai tiles look really good, well done!
I love the idea of the game too, I'll have to go and play some time ;)

Santorefish
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I like how you have hidden all the wiring furnis behind the presents, nice one matt

nat965
13-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Just wondering, how much did it cost you? (including the presents if you were the one that send them).

JerseySafety
13-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah, just won in there.

It's a very good room, but the Obstacle Pyramids get annoying lol ;)

But that's a;; about the fun.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!