PDA

View Full Version : I want A Job !!! :(

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I Really want a Job -
I Have applied for 7 And Neva got one :O Why do i not get one :(

despect
10-12-2010, 08:30 PM
i'm sure there was just better applications, could be a idea to get some expierence then when you have some expierence then try again? :)

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:33 PM
i'm sure there was just better applications, could be a idea to get some expierence then when you have some expierence then try again? :)

LOL i have had Enough Experience I WANT A JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

despect
10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
LOL i have had Enough Experience I WANT A JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i ask which jobs you've actually applied for? :P because then you can maybe pm the manager of the department just so they can give you a few pointers on how you can improve your application?

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:35 PM
can i ask which jobs you've actually applied for? :P because then you can maybe pm the manager of the department just so they can give you a few pointers on how you can improve your application?I dont want pointers i have been on this for 2 Months trying to get a Job What have i done ?? - Sit here waiting for a reply

Recursion
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
It took me 3 years to get hired as a moderator, good luck. LOL

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
It took me 3 years to get hired as a moderator, good luck. LOL

That Helps :l

xxMATTGxx
I dont want pointers i have been on this for 2 Months trying to get a Job What have i done ?? - Sit here waiting for a reply

Certain departments get quite a lot of applications and it would also take a lot of time to reply back to the people who have failed saying sorry. You shouldn't expect to get a job straight away, as it all depends on what your application is actually like. It can take people months or even years to get a job in certain departments, you just have to keep trying.

Matthew
I dont want pointers i have been on this for 2 Months trying to get a Job What have i done ?? - Sit here waiting for a reply

Perhaps all that you need is a few pointers, after all, you'll never get a job if your application isn't good enough.
I really do suggest that, if you really do want a job, you PM the manager of the department that you are applying for, and ask about how you can improve your application.

Best of luck.

Martin
10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Some jobs require you to be at a certain level before you are hired as staff. Most departments get 30+ applications each time and when there are only 4-5 slots available this does unfortunately mean a lot of applicants are rejected- we can't hire everyone. I waited a good few months to get a job here too, and 2 months isn't long at all really and in this time you could establish yourself as a forum member, make friends and get to know people.

I think even though you say you "don't want pointers" this would significantly help your application since if you are being rejected time after time there will in most cases be a reason for this and there are always ways to improve.

,Lexiilu
10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
it takes awhile to get a job. you need to just keep trying and be patient! patience is always the key :)

Special
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM
increase your post count for one

Matthew
it takes awhile to get a job. you need to just keep trying and be patient! patience is always the key :)
This really, I must've applied to be a rare values reporter 4 times before I got the job, and I applied to be a moderator even more times than that!

Just keep trying!

KEILLERISBANNED
Certain departments get quite a lot of applications and it would also take a lot of time to reply back to the people who have failed saying sorry. You shouldn't expect to get a job straight away, as it all depends on what your application is actually like. It can take people months or even years to get a job in certain departments, you just have to keep trying.
Matt Thats The thing i dont expect to get a job straight away but it gets boring when you are on a forum complaining & Apply for jobs & Don't get it it's better if you had a job then you would have something to do !!

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Matt Thats The thing i dont expect to get a job straight away but it gets boring when you are on a forum complaining & Apply for jobs & Don't get it it's better if you had a job then you would have something to do !!

??!

You don't just get handed a job to 'give you something to do'!

Jobs require a lot of time, hard-work and dedication.

If you want a job here, you have to prove that you have all of these things to offer.

For a start, I recommend that you become a bit more active on habboxforum and habbox; its always good to get to know the members of the forum when applying for a job.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM

I Have worked for other sites but on this one people acctualy comes on it

Recursion

You don't need a high post count to get a job.

Martin

There will be hundreds of people in your situation- the fact is we cannot just hire everybody at the same time. Instead of complaining, just keep applying and try establish yourself as a forum member. Get to know the community and post around a bit. A job will come along eventually but you just have to be patient. This forum isn't just about jobs- we are a big community and if we're not a "job center" as such where you can just pop on get a job etc all the time. It's a long process sometimes, especially when there are lots of other people applying for the positions too. I really do think that the best advice in this thread is to gather reasons on why your application wasn't successful from managers and by messaging them this you can gain valuable experience for the next time on how to make your application stand out from the rest.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Some jobs require you to be at a certain level before you are hired as staff. Most departments get 30+ applications each time and when there are only 4-5 slots available this does unfortunately mean a lot of applicants are rejected- we can't hire everyone. I waited a good few months to get a job here too, and 2 months isn't long at all really and in this time you could establish yourself as a forum member, make friends and get to know people.

I think even though you say you "don't want pointers" this would significantly help your application since if you are being rejected time after time there will in most cases be a reason for this and there are always ways to improve.
But all i want is a job i know it's hard but i have applied for loads & loads and it gets really boring

Inseriousity.
10-12-2010, 08:45 PM

If you don't want pointers then you can continue to wait for a long time. Some jobs are really popular (HabboxLive, moderator, help desk) and get over 50 applications. You really need to be the best you can be and if you're being rejected, it's obvious something's not quite right.

As my dad always likes to remind me, "I want never gets". You're never going to get a job if you show that sort of attitude in your application I'm afraid.

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
But all i want is a job i know it's hard but i have applied for loads & loads and it gets really boring

Well you're obviously doing something wrong, which is why you should PM the manager of the department which you are applying for to learn how you can improve your application...

You won't just be handed a job to cure your boredom or to give you something to do, you will get handed the job if you are best for it.

We've given you all the help we can give. One thing we can't change is your attitude; thats up to you to change.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
??!

You don't just get handed a job to 'give you something to do'!

Jobs require a lot of time, hard-work and dedication.

If you want a job here, you have to prove that you have all of these things to offer.

For a start, I recommend that you become a bit more active on habboxforum and habbox; its always good to get to know the members of the forum when applying for a job.
I don't come on because i cant do anything

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
What do you mean you 'can't'?

Recursion
10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't come on because i cant do anything

Yes you can, the point in a forum is to post and create threads, I try to help as much as I can in the Tech section for e.g.

Mark
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM

Truth is... You cannot get a job unless you are recommended by staff (by helping in HxHD and being active etc) in some departments or if you apply. If you do not do any of what i have just said you have no chance of getting a job. Habbox don't just hand jobs out like other fansites there is a process that EVERY staff member must go through. Posting in feedback demanding a job will not get you anywhere! All you need to do is keep applying. Good luck getting a Habbox Job, I wouldn't recommend having a rant in feedback btw, it doesn't get anyone anywhere except from upset and dissapointment, believe me.

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes you can, the point in a forum is to post and create threads, I try to help as much as I can in the Tech section for e.g.

Exactly. As Martin said above, its a Habbo fansite's forum, not a job-center.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I Shouldnt of made this thread :( I'm sorry

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Don't be sorry, its obvious that you're annoyed and that's understandable.

Just take the advice posted in this thread on board, and keep trying.

Mark
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM

I'm glad you saw sense in the end, good luck with Habbox Jobs in the future and I would seriously consider taking the information posted in this thread on-board! Hope to see you posting around the Forum because it is a wonderful place to meet new people :)

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
What do you mean you 'can't'?
Well Whats The Point of Comming on if i have nothing to do?? - Yeah Posts & Threads One thing but if you have a job it's better- Bolt660 : I Know it's Not a Job Center but look at yous Who 'Have A Job' we are only members you get sparkles names we don't I'm Sorry i have brung this up i will never make a thread like this again cause i have cause abit of fighting, Sorry :(

Shar
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Truth is... You cannot get a job unless you are recommended by staff (by helping in HxHD and being active etc) in some departments or if you apply. If you do not do any of what i have just said you have no chance of getting a job. Habbox don't just hand jobs out like other fansites there is a process that EVERY staff member must go through. Posting in feedback demanding a job will not get you anywhere! All you need to do is keep applying. Good luck getting a Habbox Job, I wouldn't recommend having a rant in feedback btw, it doesn't get anyone anywhere except from upset and dissapointment, believe me.
This isn't true in all cases, I became HxHD staff without being recommended, in fact I knew no one at habbox at all. The key is a good application and dedication once you have got a trial. Good luck in getting a job, if you ever need any help or advice I'm sure people won't mind helping (including myself). :)

edit: And you haven't caused a row keiller, you were only curious - I would be too.

Recursion
10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Well Whats The Point of Comming on if i have nothing to do?? - Yeah Posts & Threads One thing but if you have a job it's better- Bolt660 : I Know it's Not a Job Center but look at yous Who 'Have A Job' we are only members you get sparkles names we don't I'm Sorry i have brung this up i will never make a thread like this again cause i have cause abit of fighting, Sorry :(

You get sparkly names for donating to the Christmas charities through Christmas VIP

Matthew
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Of course there's a point!
You don't just come on habboxforum because you have a job; you come to chat and post. Heck, I don't come on the forum specifically to moderate, I come on to enjoy myself.

Also, if you want a sparkly name you can buy it for £1.50. http://www.habboxforum.com/payments.php

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Tbh, Look at Everyone at The Moment For Example : Jamesy Shar Bolt660 xxMATTGxx ETC Yous get to do something i know theres an arcade but you dont get players i dont really think that some poeple like me after this thread :(

Special
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
You don't need a high post count to get a job.

depends what kind of job you want, it's part of the criteria for some positions

nat965
10-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Tbh, Look at Everyone at The Moment For Example : Jamesy Shar Bolt660 xxMATTGxx ETC Yous get to do something i know theres an arcade but you dont get players i dont really think that some poeple like me after this thread :(
What about joining in and participating in Habbox Comps at www.habbox.com/comps (http://www.habbox.com/comps?) ? There are/will be several comps running at the same time.

Matthew

They get to 'do something' because they've earned the right to do so.
They didn't just get handed the job, they worked hard for weeks or months to first get their applications accepted, and then for months to move up the ranks in their respective roles (moderator to forum manager, for example).

HotelUser
Nobody will dislike you because of this thread, infact I think this thread has gone on for long enough.

I remember what it's like being a member of the community and experiencing rejection after rejection from our assorted departments. But if you want something enough just don't give up.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
What about joining in and participating in Habbox Comps at www.habbox.com/comps (http://www.habbox.com/comps?) ? There are/will be several comps running at the same time.
Nat Is your name nar I Know you from somewhere !!!!

Matthew
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Nat Is your name nar I Know you from somewhere !!!!
I know who you think it is, and no its not her :P!

xxMATTGxx
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Well thanks for the thread and many people have replied and helped you on what you can do in the future when you apply for Habbox jobs. I have a big feeling this is going to go even more off-topic now (it's starting to get like that already).

So, Thread Closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!