PDA

View Full Version : "To get free download, enter your email"

Jahova
11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I've recently seen on some music sites / record label where they've been using this script, I'll explain it..

1 You want to get a free download of something (a music file).
2 You have to enter your email (puts you on their mailing list).
3 The confirmation is then sent to your email with the download link.

Does anyone know what script this is? I know it's the same one provided by an external source.

Thanks!

Cheryl
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
The best way to do it, will to find a sign up form script in your chosen coding language, then when you write the confirmation email you can include the web address link for the song.

Sorry if this doesn't really help.

Jack!
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing you want it to randomly generate a download link, that's like, one use then removed?

hamheyelliot
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
The best way to do it, will to find a sign up form script in your chosen coding language, then when you write the confirmation email you can include the web address link for the song.

Sorry if this doesn't really help.
This is really the best thing to do, there's no use going to the extent of changing links etc. when it's easy enough to 'share' music as it is.

Jahova
11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Indeed, Jack.

There is a script that a lot of people are using and I've seen around on all-sorts of different websites although I cannot find an example atm and also I don't know the name!

Jahova
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I've found the example, however it's a premium service. I'll look into this anyway. Thanks

http://app.topspin.net/fbshare/ARTIST/2435/E39796/?fv=highlightColor-0x00A1FF|theme-black&w=300&h=80

Trigs
12-12-2010, 05:36 AM
I'll code you this script for a price. PM me if you're interested.

Jahova
12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll code you this script for a price. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer but I could find an alternative :)

Dentafrice
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM
In your database, make a table called 'users' and a table called 'downloads'.

When a user puts his/her e-mail in to download, insert their details into users... and then md5 the e-mail + time as the download token... e-mail the user http://mysite.com/download.php?token=token.... then on that page check the token, delete it, and use a PHP force download script to make it download a file from somewhere on your server.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!