PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Conservative,
11-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Anyone here had/have them?

I had an appointment on Wednesday and they were like yeah you can have them but you need to learn how to put them in/take them out.

I can take them out but not put them in? Lol.

Any techniques?

Also what do you think of them? Atm I wear glasses all day and it irritates me, I look like a nerd >;[

Arch
11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I went in to try them on like yourself, although i also had a similar problem i could get them in
but i could never get them out. I dunno there pretty good if you dont like glasses although
i just couldnt get use to them but my eyes are so bad :(

Conservative,
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I went in to try them on like yourself, although i also had a similar problem i could get them in
but i could never get them out. I dunno there pretty good if you dont like glasses although
i just couldnt get use to them but my eyes are so bad :(

I went in and got one in (woo!) But it made my eye sore so they guy took it out (after 5 minutes of my trying to with a sore eye which was making me cry - not because of pain but because thats what it does - and yeah..)

I hate my glasses, idk why. People say I look fine with them but I just feel they get in the way for me sometimes (example when I get stereotyped as a nerd in Drama ;l) and I just want to get rid of them. I want to know how the guy put them in for me without making my eye sore, because he did it fine then when I did it it was really uncomfortable and made my eye sore and yh.

Eoin247
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I only have a small level (1.75), and i use contacts all the time pretty much. In fact i the only time i ever used to wear classes was watching TV.

At this stage i'm really used to them, i use the daily disposable ones and being so used to them is in fact a problem because i sometimes forget to take them out.

The best way to put them in i find (for disposables)>

1. wash your hands even if you think your hands are clean (even the smallest dust can irritate).

2. as soon as they leave the saline(the liquid they are in) put them the right way around on the top of your index finger.

3. ASAP put it in your eye but don't rush. You have to get an equlibrium between these. If you rush you might mess up and it takes longer in the long run. However if you go too slow you risk particles of dirt going onto you're contact.

Hope this helps,

Kieron
11-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I have them, well i find them easy to put in and take out, if your having trouble taking them out, using you index finger and thumb, gently 'grab' them, works for me, and it shouldn't harm the lenses :)

Edit: forgot to mention mine are different in each eye, and are to be change every 3 months.

Jessicrawrr
12-12-2010, 11:05 AM
my sister had them for a couple of days, she stopped putting them in because they were always irritating her eyes, and she struggled to get them in, I think what eoin has put is good information for you.

Catzsy
12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
my sister had them for a couple of days, she stopped putting them in because they were always irritating her eyes, and she struggled to get them in, I think what eoin has put is good information for you.

That happened to me although I only need glassed for driving. Little ulcers appeared on them. Never again.

K-Dogga
12-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I've never had contacts coz I dont need glasses.
But my cousin uses contacts sometimes and he told me they're really hard to put in and it hurts D:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!