PDA

View Full Version : [Building] [COD - MW2] - Military Training Course

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Havnt posted here in a while, but...

not to be rude, but over the past week or so, i have seen some terrible Army "Training Rooms"
And because i am a massive fan of Realism when i create my rooms i have made this room

It is (VERY) slightly based on the very first mission of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2,
in which you have to run the course and shoot down targets

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/Nyxs/MilitaryTrainingCourse.png

Feel free to search my name and explore the room in game, because it is soo much better when Every Target moves,
(and i am trying to figure out a way to Say a certain word and get them to stop)

But tell me what you think...

Catzsy
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Looks pretty authentic. :)

j0rd
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Just been in the room, it is really good.
All the Kitchen Inspectors move and there is fire behind the tyres :)

dbgtz
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
where does it start? :P Looks quite cool but doesn't really resemble MW2s, so its more inspiration then based off of it :P noice

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah where i live, inspiration and "Based on" mean the same thing :P

And when you enter the room, you are teleported to the Bottom corner (Where there is 2 Patios stacked on top of each other)
ATM that is the start

I am also thinking of ways to make this a game room aswell as an rpg room

Eoin247
11-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Since i'm the only one who posted an army training room in the past week i'm guessing you're talking about mine. :(

I would have appreciated if you had posted and maybe explained why it's so terrible so i could have improved.

Anyway i visited the room and it looks great, but i don't get how you play the game?

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Since i'm the only one who posted an army training room in the past week i'm guessing you're talking about mine. :(

I would have appreciated if you had posted and maybe explained why it's so terrible so i could have improved.

Anyway i visited the room and it looks great, but i don't get how you play the game?

Dw its not yours, i hadnt seen yours, and i was talking about in the client itself lol :)
Sorry if you took offense

It isnt a game yet - im just trying to think of ways to do it

Eoin247
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Ah ok, i thought you were talking about ones posted on the forum. :)

Can't wait to try out the game when it's finished, do you have many other rooms of the rpg made yet?

Mr-Trainor
11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Looks nice! I like the use of wired furniture :P.

e5
11-12-2010, 06:56 PM
How about STOP! to make them stop? Very nice room!

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
How about STOP! to make them stop? Very nice room!

Thanks, And i dont know how to make them stop - as in what Wired box to use to make them stop after a word is said - i can easily make them start, but im not sure if what i think will work, will lol

Calvin
11-12-2010, 09:09 PM
How about STOP! to make them stop? Very nice room!That would be good if you could make it so they can say it like once every 5 minutes or something because I wanted it in my coffee room so people could say coffee and it'd move the mocha and move it back but the only problem would be when people spam it and move it back and forth (in this case turning it off in the game).

As for the actual room, it's pretty amazing! I think I've seen it on COD but I can't remember haha, hardly played it. Good work! :) Edit; just gone to see it in game and it's much better! I love how one of the targets move in and out of the hut thing and the fire behind the tires!

OMGItsCodie
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Beautiful. Cant wait to see your Black ops one :)

QuickSilver
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
doesn't look all that great, big pile of dung if you ask me.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not make uncontsructive posts.

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 09:36 PM
doesn't look all that great, big pile of dung if you ask me.

Well ive never seen a neat and tidy Military Base - especially in the middle of a war :/
But i appreciate that everyone has there opinions :)

thanks to the Rest of yous

@ Skizzling - All of the Inspectors are currently on "Repeat Effect" so there always moving, im having trouble making just 1 stop when i say something lol.

giltinux
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
i like it :)

Nyxs
11-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Beautiful. Cant wait to see your Black ops one :)

Does Black Ops have a Training Course "Pit"????
i havnt got the game yet :(

Monochrome
12-12-2010, 01:15 AM
@ Skizzling - All of the Inspectors are currently on "Repeat Effect" so there always moving, im having trouble making just 1 stop when i say something lol.

Correct me if im wrong, but maybe you can use the "Conditions" for wired?
Use the "match state and condition (the one which looks like a camera)" and wire it so that you can say the word to stop them, but only if one of the targets are in the corresponding position
And use the "user is on furni" so that the player has to be in front of the target (stepping on the mats in front of the target) to stop them

Just an idea
Great room! Looks pretty realistic to me

Nyxs
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
at the moment I'm trying to think of ways to make a secret staircase appear and dissappear lol

JerseySafety
13-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Looks very legit.

Well Done! ;)

Nyxs
13-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Ahh Thanks, This room now has 2 Landmines (more to come)
But when you stand on the patch the landmine is on, it shall explode and youll be teleported back to the beginning (Respawned)

Im am slowly seeing a way to make this into a game (memory game) have to find the right path

But i am open to ideas for this room, as i am trying to make this the best war training room on the rpg list :D

Ideas so far:
Hidden Staircase - (Unfortunately impossible at the moment, need other Wire furni that isnt invented yet lol)
*Shoot* Function - (Again, until a Wired box comes out that can override the "Repeat effect" it is impossible)
Land Mines - Done, works pretty well :D

Anyone else got ideas for me?

T@R
14-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I like the bunker but I don't like the way you used tiki patches around the outside.
Other than that it's a good room.

Nyxs
14-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah i know what you mean, but it seems so plain without them, and because its the 416 tiled "Trade City" room layout, i cant place walls on the walls lol :P But thanks :D

karter
14-12-2010, 04:44 PM
You are the greatest room designer. At least on the forum. ;)

marine
15-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Love it, seen it in game and it's amazing. ;)

Nyxs
15-12-2010, 02:02 PM
You are the greatest room designer. At least on the forum. ;)

Thanks man, That means a lot :D

Love it, seen it in game and it's amazing. ;)

Why thank you :D

Got another Room to add to this very soon, shall upload when its finished :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!