PDA

View Full Version : Do fish actually drown? :l

Rebecca
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
i am confused do fish drown..? :s

Digital
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
i am confused do fish drown..? :s
No :s where did you come from? fish live in the water and and a five second memory like Owen

chipie60
11-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Fish are always drowning hunnie thats how they swim <3

Neil
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
If you take a fish out of the water it drowns :p

Rebecca
11-08-2005, 01:46 PM
hrm...... LMAO sorry i wanted to post a random fing

MsTanya
11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Loooooney :rolleyes:

Rebecca
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
omg tanish *humpz*

Pulchritudinous
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I think you mean 'is it possible'.
I don't think it is, because fish are constantly underwater, and when you drown you struggle to reach the surface of the water to get oxygen, and fish don't need oxygen, so they don't drown.

MsTanya
11-08-2005, 02:01 PM
omg tanish *humpz*
Lmaoo

Bear-Max
11-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Fish do need oxygen. I can't remember exactly how but their gills enable them to get it.

If you drag a fish backwards through water it will drown and die. Don't do it =.='

Pulchritudinous
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Fish do need oxygen. I can't remember exactly how but their gills enable them to get it.

If you drag a fish backwards through water it will drown and die. Don't do it =.='

Ooh, I'd google it, but I'm lazy.

I don't like fish really, so I doubt I'll ever be draggin one backwards.

Owen
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
No :s where did you come from? fish live in the water and and a five second memory like Owen

To post this took longer than 5 seconds...

TooClose$
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
if you drag ANY fish backwards it will Drown. that means sharks, goldfish, whales, anything.

Rebecca
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
*gets idea* Mooooooha!

Pulchritudinous
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
if you drag ANY fish backwards it will Drown. that means sharks, goldfish, whales, anything.

So if I'm ever in the situation of being attacked by a shark, I'll just pull it backwards, I dunno about the whale though, I don't think I'm strong enough.

Digital
11-08-2005, 02:31 PM
To post this took longer than 5 seconds...
Tee hee :p

xJoeYx
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Fish DO need Oxygen, they constantly resurface to get it, tis why some marine life cant live at certain depts of the ocean without adapting first.
The fish really really deep in the ocean can gather oxygen from bubbling steam vents on the ocean floor, or something like that.
Anyway, yes you can drown a fish, put it in a container FULL of water, with no acess to oxygen.

Jesus-Egg
11-08-2005, 07:01 PM

whales are mammals, not fish, and can therefore survive being dragged backwards through water; that is until they drown from being unable to surface because of some guy hanging on to its fins trying to pull it backwards.

Fish DO need Oxygen, they constantly resurface to get it, tis why some marine life cant live at certain depts of the ocean without adapting first. The fish really really deep in the ocean can gather oxygen from bubbling steam vents on the ocean floor, or something like that.
Anyway, yes you can drown a fish, put it in a container FULL of water, with no acess to oxygen.

Mammals that live in the sea, like whales and dolphins resurface to get oxygen. Fish have gills rather than lungs, and when water flows over the gills, gaseous exchange takes place, where oxygen that is dissolved in the water enters the fish's bloodstream, and CO2 is removed.

Vents on the ocean floor do not release oxygen. They release sulphides that certain bacteria need to survive. These bacteria form the base of the food chain, as there is no light, so plants can't survive.

Emicat
11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
whales are mammals, not fish, and can therefore survive being dragged backwards through water; that is until they drown from being unable to surface because of some guy hanging on to its fins trying to pull it backwards.

Mammals that live in the sea, like whales and dolphins resurface to get oxygen. Fish have gills rather than lungs, and when water flows over the gills, gaseous exchange takes place, where oxygen that is dissolved in the water enters the fish's bloodstream, and CO2 is removed.

Vents on the ocean floor do not release oxygen. They release sulphides that certain bacteria need to survive. These bacteria form the base of the food chain, as there is no light, so plants can't survive.

Yo a smartash are yah? XD Anyway, how was this found out? What a sight, lots of scientists draggin fish backwards to see if they die. Weird :/

HellyBelly
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM

O.O gawd your smart o.o

Adam$
15-08-2005, 09:13 AM
perhaps if you contaminate the water?

-Soph-
15-08-2005, 10:32 AM
when it dies I suppose it drowns lmao

BLuweesH
15-08-2005, 10:32 AM
when it dies I suppose it drowns lmao

Lol hi soph i saw you say in the room "yay I get to do my 1,000th post again!"

:D:D

-Soph-
15-08-2005, 10:49 AM
xPP its trueeeeee I get to relive the magical moment xP

YellowParasol
15-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I didn't know Fish Drown they die though :p

NekkLe
15-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Well...

Fish can drown, if the waters are poluted with bad toxins, this can affect on there breathing.
Technically, they can drown from lack of oxygen.

Don't ask, I'm a fisherman :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!