PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] User Points

RandomManJay
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I’m not sure if this has ever been suggested before, but what the heck :P.

I had this idea that a sort of points system could be introduced (if it’s possible at all) whereby users gain points from taking part in events, competitions and from general positive feedback on the forum and in Habbo (like gaining 10 Rep points gains you 1 user point, or if a manager etc. sees that you’ve made a good contribution to Habbox, or maybe even for every certain amount of posts you make). The user could then collect points and use them to purchase features etc. on the forum, like VIP, a user title change, rep points and so on. I don't think it would really go against the rules Habbo has over fansites, especially considering the purchasing of VIP, since it wouldn't really be bringing Habbox a profit since users wouldn't be using their own money, only a forum based currency (kinda like "pixels" on Habbo).

I think it would be quite good, and might give people a better incentive to participate more, and it might help new users stick around :).

Matthew
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I think its a good idea, actually!

It might encourage people to contribute more to habbox, after all, not everyone can afford/wants to buy VIP/donator.

There could be points for posting as well? Maybe 10 posts = 1 point or w/e; again, like pixels on habbo.

Ed.
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM

It might encourage people to contribute more to habbox, after all, not everyone can afford/wants to buy VIP/donator.

There could be points for posting as well? Maybe 10 posts = 1 point or w/e; again, like pixels on habbo.

I don't think that a small number of posts should equal a point otherwise this could lead to spam.

Eoin247
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Great idea! This would realy give people much more reasons to stay on habbox , participate , post more etc.

Chippiewill
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't like this as it'll be another distraction from people making posts...

Inseriousity.
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I think there was going to be something brought in like this when Oli was FM then he left and it basically died out. Unfortunately, the comps dept. has been suggested a points system quite a lot (points then get transfered for prizes rather than giving out prizes) and I've never really been a fan of that idea but giving out points to contribute to a larger scheme of things would be fine :)

Eoin247
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't like this as it'll be another distraction from people making posts...

how? wouldnt rewarding people for posting encourage people to post?

RandomManJay
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
They don't have to be given out for posts :P, or maybe they could be given out for every 100 posts or even higher. They could also be given out for every year or 6 months you're on the forum.

Anything really which would give people an incentive to stick around and stay active on the forum.

Samantha
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
This has been brought up before and also shot down before. I don't think Habbox needs it. I have been on a forum that used the point system (Mr-trainor) and it didn't work perfectly, however, points were given out on his site for a lot of things and although Habbox wouldn't give out points for making posts/threads/polls etc I still don't think that it would improve Habbox.

nat965
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM

I think more of a higher number of posts should equal 1 point, like 100 or similar.

I like this idea :)

Neversoft
12-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Someone fix the arcade. It says CJSS has the high score in Snake (http://www.habboxforum.com/arcade.php?do=leaderboard) when clearly I do. I demand justice and an appearance on the leaderboard! :(

HIJACK OVAR.

Hecktix
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Mike is right, I drew up a big plan for this when I was Forum Manager, I think this is something that could be used Habbox wide one day but not for now!

Mark
12-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I like the idea but I think it is best to keep it for the likes of the Habbox Christmas Bonanza and the Summer Spectacular :)

Conservative,
13-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I love the idea...ways it could be earned are:

Comps prizes
Events prizes
every X amount of posts
every X months/years on the forum
MOTM prize
& more

and I think it could be brought in with v6! Great idea.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!