PDA

View Full Version : Canned announcements

dogboy123
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Recently this has frustrated me so much, when someone dedicates so much time and effort to habbox and all they get is 'Thanks for the hardwork and effort put in over his/her time at Habbox and goodluck in the future'

If someone has put in mounds of effort and been with habbox for a long time and made an impact then surley they deserve more than a generic announcement. Maybe make it a bit personal, and highlighting some of the things they have acheived etc

Chippiewill
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Recently this has frustrated me so much, when someone dedicates so much time and effort to habbox and all they get is 'Thanks for the hardwork and effort put in over his/her time at Habbox and goodluck in the future'

If someone has put in mounds of effort and been with habbox for a long time and made an impact then surley they deserve more than a generic announcement. Maybe make it a bit personal, and highlighting some of the things they have acheived etc

I think that's what the thank-you thread is for, the announcements forum is to inform people that he has left rather than to serve as a testimonial.

Jamesy
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
As much as I agree Martin deserves a post in excess of the character limit of the forum, it would create an awful amount of arguments over who gets what put on their announcement. It may be a similarly worded announcement, but if you want to see the testimant to how great a person was - you need not look any further than the congratulations forum.

dogboy123
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
But its annoying because when i left after my time I would have much prefered a nice genuine announcement that actually meant something. Maybe Martin will disagree but thats what I thought and it frustrates me when every single thread highlighting someone has left says exactly the same.

@Jamesy - I wouldnt say for every person but maybe just managers or people that everybody knows has put so much into their role

Alex3213
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
As much as I agree Martin deserves a post in excess of the character limit of the forum, it would create an awful amount of arguments over who gets what put on their announcement. It may be a similarly worded announcement, but if you want to see the testimant to how great a person was - you need not look any further than the congratulations forum.

I agree with both of these. It's just that really: an announcment. Martin definitely does deserve an essay (I write comps reports, just saying), James' point is absoloutely right. In addition, more personalised statements will be in that congratulation and thank you thread forum.

Hecktix
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I think sometimes the person would rather this didn't happen so it'd be a bit "oh who do we do it for who wants it" etc.

When someone who has dedicated an unbelievable amount of time/effort to Habbox resigns they should get a PM of thanks from General Management, this is very personal and probably means more than an announcement to some staff.

Any other stuff like that can get said in the thanks thread, or people would just simply moan at us for favouritism or whatever.

Mrs.McCall
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
It'd cause loads of trouble if people got special announcements. Martin was an outstanding manager and he's a nice guy so I think it's appropriate that people leave him thank you messages rather than a huge announcement.

Inseriousity.
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I think it'd be opening up a can of worms really that's easier to keep closed. The thank you threads do that job just fine and general management can go in there and post the essays. :D

dogboy123
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
That sounds good Oli, just that little bit extra that makes people feel that what theyve done is worthwile

Mrs.McCall
12-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah but there would've been PMs and chats with General Management before he left I'm sure so they would've told them how grateful they are.

Jsoh
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
what do you expect, "lysm bolt660 pls come back"? that matt guy made it obvious enough he's pissed off bolt has left by putting a sad face thing, and a dot at the end of the title LOL

dogboy123
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Well I think it should happen for every person who has put in an exceptional ammount of effort into their roles

xxMATTGxx
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
what do you expect, "lysm bolt660 pls come back"? that matt guy made it obvious enough he's pissed off bolt has left by putting a sad face thing, and a dot at the end of the title LOL

Might want to get your information correct before posting again in this thread.

Jordy
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
It'd be quite difficult to do and risks being unfair I suppose but the announcements do seem a little robotic at times. For instance when Nvrspk4 resigned after years of being GM and holding various managerial positions and no doubt one of the most dedicated Habboxers he got pretty much the same announcement as a trial DJ resigning :L

Mathew
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I've always seen the Habbox Announcements section to be more of a live feed (like a record) than anything else. Yeah it's nice to have that extra thanks, but personally, I'd rather get personal messages from people rather than plastering it over the forum. I don't know, it just feels like someone has taken the effort to PM you and personally thank you, rather than join in and say it in public.

It's been summed up in the thread really, Habbox would get attacked for favourtism if this happened :P

Jsoh
12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Might want to get your information correct before posting again in this thread.

what why? i was saying you were showing you were sad bolt660 has left his position from different things in the announcement such as the sad face.. if you're not sad he's left or been fired or w/e then okay? LOL

xxMATTGxx
12-12-2010, 08:24 PM
what why? i was saying you were showing you were sad bolt660 has left his position from different things in the announcement such as the sad face.. if you're not sad he's left or been fired or w/e then okay? LOL

You said I put that because I pissed him off so he decided to resign, which is obviously not the case.

Nemo
12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
You said I put that because I pissed him off so he decided to resign, which is obviously not the case.
He said pissed off that bolt had left :p, not bolt was pissed off so left

xxMATTGxx
12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
He said pissed off that bolt had left :p, not bolt was pissed off so left

Urgh, I wish he would post better sentences. My apologizes joshhyy.

flatface
12-12-2010, 08:37 PM

loool

I think it should stay the same as it is now

Chippiewill
12-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Perhaps staff in some sort of management position for more than three months should get an article written about achievements etc. But definitely don't touch the announcements, as I said before it simply needs to inform people that someone has resigned or similar.

Jsoh
12-12-2010, 11:21 PM

not my fault you can't read.

nvrspk4
16-12-2010, 03:39 AM
not my fault you can't read.

Give the man some credit for apologizing!

The length and quality of every single "goodbye" would vary, more complaints than uses. Often the outgoing General Manager gets a special thank-you, but few other than that.

EDIT: Err I didn't realize what the date was...sorry for bumping a dead+decided thread.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!