PDA

View Full Version : ITV Player & 4OD on the PS3

Ajthedragon
14-12-2010, 08:39 PM
I just realised today that under the TV tab we now have the addition of the ITV player, as well as the BBC iPlayer.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/4od-and-itv-player-launch-on-playstation-3-50001957/

It says we also have 4OD, but I don't appear to have 4OD yet. :P

Pretty good I think, much better than some of the recent Xbox developments. Looks like we just need Sky Player now! :P

matt$
14-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Donno why people care for such things when most people have computers/ipods in their rooms atleast the sky player on xbox acts like a sky box.

Ajthedragon
14-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah but I guess it's nice to watch it in HD on the television, rather than in a continuously-buffering pixelated video on the web. ^^

Camy
15-12-2010, 01:19 AM
The iPlayers been there for a while, was quite pleased to see the other two there today when I updated my ps3, but the itv player won't work for me right now, because it asks for your post code so it can link you to the version in your area, and the 'STV Player' hasnt been made yet aparently. Also, theres basically nothing on the ps3 4oD, but I think they'll all be good additions once they're all working.

Dean
15-12-2010, 01:27 AM
I was very pleased to see 4OD and ITV Player appear on my PS3 when I got home from college - when I get my new TV for Christmas I will sure be watching lots of TV xD

Jam
15-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah but I guess it's nice to watch it in HD on the television, rather than in a continuously-buffering pixelated video on the web. ^^

But that's exactly what it is, just with a PS3 friendly UI. Its still the same 360px wide video you get by going on ITV Player/4oD/SeeSaw etc. on your computer.

Only the BBC offer (720p) HD via iPlayer, so there's nothing new apart from the fact you don't have to use the triggers to zoom when your trying to select something to watch.

Moh
16-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Just saw this today, it's good to see Sony expanding the TV section. Sky and Sony have worked together in the past with the PSP, so I'm sure in the future the PS3 will get Sky too.

I watch more tv on catch up than I do on Sky (I have Sky in my bedroom with a box too), so this shall be pretty good for me :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!