PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Server :D

ostanley
15-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I have setup a server and wanted to invite people from this forum to play on it and see how it goes. This is in terms of the community and how the server holds up. I am not hosting this off my computer like many people and it should be online 24/7.

Secondly, I just wanted to hear some of your opinions, suggestions and also feedback you may have in terms of what you would like to see in the server. What sort of gameplay you would like to see whether it is just survival etc. I was thinking more of a PVP world where you can join with your friends and work to together with other people to defend and fight against the rest of the server. I'm also keen to introduce a currency system. So for example you can exchange gold bars with a Mod to get an item in exchange. Due to the recent update monster will also be on and will kill you should you be vulnerable at night.

So what do you think, the server is up and running and i just want to attract people now and thought this would be the place to do.

If you're interested I’ll post the IP http://www.clubhabboforum.net/images/smilies/smile_habbo.gif

Thanks

---------- Post added 15-12-2010 at 06:23 PM ----------

IP Address: 184.82.145.72

Firehorse
16-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Might come and take a look. Would you mind telling us your other account on this forum? A bit suspicious having one post.

ostanley
18-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah my bad, my old account was oli.zoomdesign, didn't have many posts on that either but i only ever post when im doing website layouts. Got the same name on CHF and probably a bit better known on there.

Honestly the server is all legit, I brought the server with Dial a Host and just really want to get my use out of it over just me and my friends

ostanley
19-12-2010, 11:07 AM
MineSrv Development Log 1 - Sunday, 19th December

I thought i would start posting the updates and progression of what is done to the server. Whether people read it or even take an interest is another story however I just want to prove to people that the server is something I am taking serious and want to get relatively big. If you have anything you would like to see on the server or just general comments please feel free to post :)

-Install hMod onto the server
If you don't know what hMod is then its a simple mod which acts as a framework to expand what can be done within the game. It allows the user to install a wide variety of plug-ins such as private chat channels and create an economy within the game.
What I have done with the mod at the moment is create groups along with coloured names for people to easily distinguish other players. Currently there are only Admins, Mods and VIPs with different colour names.
I am thinking of making donator groups which give people who donate money to the up keep of the server added privileges and obviously a coloured name. I was thinking of making different levels of donators groups depending on how much you donate.

Another added feature that came with hMod is the whitelist function. New players that enter the server can not build nor destroy blocks until an admin or a mod has added them the whitelist. This is a safety measure to prevent people with intentions of disturbing the peace amongst the community. If you want to be added to the whitelist before you enter the server just post in the forum and we'll see to it that you get added as soon as possible.

As a small update that you might or might not notice is that when you enter the server you get a welcome message. Its nothing fancy but a nice touch that makes the server a bit more unique.

-Future Updates
In the near future I hope to install the following to the server:
-Private Chat Channels which allows groups of players to chat privately
-Backup Script to ensure the world is not lost
-iConomy plug-in which allows players to sell and trade items for money
-Donator packs to give players added privileges and coloured names.

Hopefully all this should be done within the next week and I'll make another development log :)

Thanks x

koony
26-12-2010, 10:35 PM
So, not happening lol?

Btw, I logged in and left you a nice little surprise :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!