PDA

View Full Version : TV Wall Mount

Dean
15-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm not really technical at all when it comes to DIY and this is quite serious seeing as Christmas is coming up very so soon. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help!

Basically, I am looking for a TV mount that could fit a 32 inch TV but there are complications... I got told by the guy in the TV shop that because I have to plug the TV in at the back and plug in HDMI etc, that I couldn't get a flush to the wall bracket because there would be no clearance.

I've seen all these brackets that come out and tilt and what not but it's all a bit too much for me and I seriously need a bracket asap!

A mate told me to buy a bracket that you can pull out and pull left and right etc, installing the bracket a little to the right of where I want the TV to be centred and then once installed, pushing it to the left allows it to centre.

I'm so confused, any ideas? Also, which places would be best to get hold of one of these special brackets?

Many thanks :D

Jabman95
15-12-2010, 08:32 PM
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=389709
Stays flat but/and can be tilted, that's all I can find, if not, ebays your best bet, or amazon?, they'd be called something like expanding wall bracket, maybe? :)

Colin-Roberts
15-12-2010, 10:12 PM
imo the two inches or so that most of these brackets allow from the wall is sufficient for the cabling needs. Why would they make a bracket that isn't functional for its intended purpose

Recursion
15-12-2010, 11:10 PM
We use standard VESA TV wall mounts at work and they easily have enough clearance for cables at the back whilst still being "flush" to the wall.

Swastika
16-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Pay somebody to install a bracket for you if you don't know what your doing.

AgnesIO
16-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Pay somebody to install a bracket for you if you don't know what your doing.

What a waste of money when it is so easy to do.

Virtually any bracket for that size TV will be fine :)

e5
16-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I got a decent standard one from tesco.

redtom
16-12-2010, 11:21 PM
What a waste of money when it is so easy to do.

Tons of people bring down part of their wall & trash their Tvs putting them up using the wrong screws or attaching it to areas of the wall what are too weak. Not saying its hard just not as simple as it seems.

AgnesIO
17-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Tons of people bring down part of their wall & trash their Tvs putting them up using the wrong screws or attaching it to areas of the wall what are too weak. Not saying its hard just not as simple as it seems.

Let's be honest thouugh, the British public are not exactly intelligent.

I have put two up before (with no experience) and my wall stayed attached and the tv's work.

Recursion
17-12-2010, 10:04 AM
You'd have to be an idiot to not check the area of the wall you were screwing the bracket into for supports and wiring?!

redtom
17-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Let's be honest thouugh, the British public are not exactly intelligent.

Haha exactly :P

You'd have to be an idiot to not check the area of the wall you were screwing the bracket into for supports and wiring?!

You'd be surprised.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!