PDA

View Full Version : Seeing things that shouldn't of been seen!

HotelUser
16-12-2010, 02:27 AM
My birthday is on the 22nd of December, I haven't really brought it up with my brother or mother until now and I have no idea about what I'm doing for my birthday or anything.

A few weeks ago when my father was over moving items out of our garage and I was helping I saw something half covered with a cloth, it was obviously something for me for my birthday or for Christmas. I haven't said anything about what I even wanted, and I wasn't even expecting to get much of anything really. When my father saw I'd seen it he looked mortified (bare in mind this was only a £40 item to begin with) because he thought my mother would be totally angry at him blaming him for me being able to see it (and to think me seeing it was totally an accident probably brought on by my own stupidity).

I thought that was a silly thing for him to think, but just now when my brother brought up my birthday my mother made a remark about how I'd already seen something I was getting and said it was my father's fault for being incredibly careless about letting whatever was in the garage be so out in the open. She's angry/unpleased at my father in general (although this is somewhat of a misplaced reason to be) and I think she's upset with me in that she either thinks I was likely being overcurious (not true!) or that I didn't come clean about seeing the item earlier (but I couldn't do that obviously!).

So anyway onto the question part of the thread, has anyone actually seen any items they're getting for Christmas? Accidentally or intentionally spotted, and would anyone around you be annoyed that you've seen something?

Josh
16-12-2010, 05:08 AM
I've seen stuff I've been getting and I usually do every year. We all go shopping at the same time, we aren't too fussed over if we see it early. If they see it, they see it. You can't do anything about it so why ruin the Christmas spirit?

Also, stick up for your dad tbh.

Jordan
16-12-2010, 07:22 AM
No, they hide it who knows where, probably up the road in someones house. I like it to be a surprise or else it's boring. If i saw somthing I'd be gutted.

Moh
16-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm usually with my mum when I get my main present, like my ps3, laptop and tv (as she's clueless) so I see them, but I don't get to see anything that I'm not aware of :P

Catzsy
16-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I think somebody might be a bit upset for a little while but not overly and I can't imagine why she would be upset at you. You didn't go looking for anything! I used to look when I was younger but like the surprise ( if any) these days as I usually get money to spend.

Narnat,
16-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I have seen one or two of my gifts when I was trying to find my exam results in my Dads drawer and saw some of my stuff for xmas. I don't think he'll be too annoyed at the end of the day I couldn't help but see it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!