PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Ridiculous ban :/

Verrou
16-12-2010, 06:19 AM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2969/banfailq.png
So I went to buy a piece of wired furni and the hotel must've lagged or something because no "purchased" notification popped up or anything. So I guessed I accidentally pressed the cancel button in the catalogue. So I bought another one and low and behold, two notifications came up and 2x the credits had been deducted -.-

SO I sent a CFH saying what happened and they told me to restart my computer and clear my cache! I sent a reply asking if they had even read my request and they then told me to use the contact us page thing. So I replied saying "This is ridiculous, how hard can it be to come to my room, pick up the furniture, and give me 4 credits."

Less than 10 seconds later I was banned :/ Habbo mods can suck a fat one.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator):Move to here from 'Habbo in General'

Icemaniceice
16-12-2010, 06:35 AM
I have seen other users get banned for "Disrupting events" lately also. I will admit it is quite stupid some of the stuff that they ban you for, but like I tell everyone else at least It's not permanent.

Verrou
16-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Yes I realise it isn't permanent, but that's not the point.

lTraditional
16-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Now that sucks. So now they expect you to treat them nicely when they are unhelpful and don't do their jobs correctly!

Eoin247
16-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Seeing things like this really makes me consider leaving habbo. I'd say write an email to them, even if it doesn't do much ,at least it might make you feel better.

Verrou
16-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I was gonna write an email. But I'm unbanned now and over it lol

Catzsy
16-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Well it's good to vent and Redtiz does come on and read this section so she may mention it to somebody.

Steee
16-12-2010, 01:15 PM
How perfetic iv had the same problem but i didnt get a ban...

Deak
16-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Another silly ban, at least you are un-banned now

VelvetClover
16-12-2010, 04:47 PM
That's stupid. Moderators are just not helpful at all anymore.

Santorefish
16-12-2010, 05:12 PM
this is ridiculous. Its just getting worse and worse!

user130523
16-12-2010, 06:57 PM
this happened to me a few days ago when i asked someone about a picture and i got 30 day for requesting/offering sexually explicit images so went on my clone account, sent a cfh explaining it and they apologised and unbanned me :)

Oleh
17-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Thats american mods for you. never had this problem on .co.uk

Santorefish
17-12-2010, 02:50 PM
this happened to me a few days ago when i asked someone about a picture and i got 30 day for requesting/offering sexually explicit images so went on my clone account, sent a cfh explaining it and they apologised and unbanned me :)

They listened to you? Holy battie sleeves! they hardly ever listen to CFSs and just send an automatic messgae

AgnesIO
17-12-2010, 03:11 PM
A silly ban, but hardly the end of your life - it was only a few hours

Gibs960
17-12-2010, 03:52 PM
It's for a day so it's not that bad really...

Josh!
17-12-2010, 04:27 PM
One time I got ban for useing the CFH LMAO the day the merge was going around/

Redtiz
20-12-2010, 11:21 AM
SO I sent a CFH saying what happened and they told me to restart my computer and clear my cache! I sent a reply asking if they had even read my request and they then told me to use the contact us page thing. So I replied saying "This is ridiculous, how hard can it be to come to my room, pick up the furniture, and give me 4 credits."

Less than 10 seconds later I was banned :/ Habbo mods can suck a fat one.

If you PM me your Habbo name I can look into it.

If you got banned for disruption for asking a question, then the ban was certainly wrong, however I'd obviously have to investigate it before making a definitive statement.

Regarding the request you were making. Moderators cannot refund you credits as they have no access to the tools required to refund credits and even if they did, credit refunds would not be a moderation function. Moderators are there only to help with issues which could endanger you or are highly inappropriate for the game (sexually explicit activity, people spamming scamsites, racial or sexual abuse etc).

The second piece of advice you were given, to use the 'contact us' link is actually correct. That allows you to submit a ticket to Customer Services who are a completely different set of people to moderators and who have completely different tools at their disposal to help with account issues. Making an accidental purchase is an account issue.

So, general rule of thumb:

If you see racial/sexual abuse, nasty bullying, password phishing or scamming, sexually explicit behaviour and that type of thing you should send a report via the yellow question mark for a moderator.
If you have a problem involving credits, your password, technical problems with your account, ban queries and other general account related stuff then you create a ticket for customer services via help.habbo.com

Josh
20-12-2010, 11:40 AM
If you PM me your Habbo name I can look into it.

If you got banned for disruption for asking a question, then the ban was certainly wrong, however I'd obviously have to investigate it before making a definitive statement.

Regarding the request you were making. Moderators cannot refund you credits as they have no access to the tools required to refund credits and even if they did, credit refunds would not be a moderation function. Moderators are there only to help with issues which could endanger you or are highly inappropriate for the game (sexually explicit activity, people spamming scamsites, racial or sexual abuse etc).

The second piece of advice you were given, to use the 'contact us' link is actually correct. That allows you to submit a ticket to Customer Services who are a completely different set of people to moderators and who have completely different tools at their disposal to help with account issues. Making an accidental purchase is an account issue.

So, general rule of thumb:

If you see racial/sexual abuse, nasty bullying, password phishing or scamming, sexually explicit behaviour and that type of thing you should send a report via the yellow question mark for a moderator.
If you have a problem involving credits, your password, technical problems with your account, ban queries and other general account related stuff then you create a ticket for customer services via help.habbo.com

When the custoemr service URL gets a better reputation for helping, I'm sure more people will use it.

Redtiz
20-12-2010, 12:23 PM
When the custoemr service URL gets a better reputation for helping, I'm sure more people will use it.

If they haven't helped with a problem you're welcome to post here and it'll get looked into. However the base fact is that moderators cannot help with account issues, they don't have access to the tools needed to help with account queries. All they can do is tell you how to contact customer services who do have the tools and training to help. If it's a case that they're not helping, then please do raise a complaint about it (obviously about a specific issue which can be investigated rather than a general 'customer services are useless' statement) and we can look into it. All the issues which have been raised in this forum have been resolved where they could be resolved and in some instances it's also let to further training for specific customer services staff members - so it's far more effective than taking it out on moderators ;)

Josh
20-12-2010, 12:26 PM
If they haven't helped with a problem you're welcome to post here and it'll get looked into. However the base fact is that moderators cannot help with account issues, they don't have access to the tools needed to help with account queries. All they can do is tell you how to contact customer services who do have the tools and training to help. If it's a case that they're not helping, then please do raise a complaint about it (obviously about a specific issue which can be investigated rather than a general 'customer services are useless' statement) and we can look into it. All the issues which have been raised in this forum have been resolved where they could be resolved and in some instances it's also let to further training for specific customer services staff members - so it's far more effective than taking it out on moderators ;)

I meant the ticket system. It has such a bad reputation for being slow etc so they just blow it off and PM you on this forum and then it gets resolved. It is notorious for not being able to help.

Also, does your post count not go up? :S

MaggieHABBO
20-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Moderators aren't helpfull at all anymore.
They once perm banned my friend for reporting someone who was hacking her?
Tis stupid :/

Redtiz
23-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I meant the ticket system. It has such a bad reputation for being slow etc so they just blow it off and PM you on this forum and then it gets resolved. It is notorious for not being able to help.

Also, does your post count not go up? :S

Customer service tickets should be answered in 48 hours, but do bear in mind that is 48 business hours - so not weekends.

tm
23-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Customer service tickets should be answered in 48 hours, but do bear in mind that is 48 business hours - so not weekends.

* or holidays like Christmas, Boxing day, Bank holidays etc etc etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!