PDA

View Full Version : Teachers

TheMegaIdiot
16-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Hello,

Can a teacher push you backwards to try and stop you leaving the building? I personally don't really deem it acceptable as there was no immediate signs of danger or any real reason to stop me trying to leave. What are your views?

Jack.

Suspective
16-12-2010, 06:46 PM
You must of been doing something wrong.

Anyway why does it matter? You can't exactly do much about it tbh.

Special
16-12-2010, 06:47 PM
they can block the way or push you slightly but if it was a hard push as if you almost fell to the floor then no that isn't right

Conservative,
16-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Technically they can restrain you if they have a valid reason - eg; you were walking out. But if it was a forceful push that caused you injury you can report it to the management at your school.

Nuxty
16-12-2010, 07:33 PM
By law a teacher can use a "considerable" amount of force against you, they can not however cause injury or harm to you purposely. They can usually do this if you try and walk out of a class without permission and if you are involved in a fight and they need to separate you.

Now, if they have injured you then you are entitled to make a complaint, however if it was just a shov to try and keep you in the building then there wouldn't be much point.

Also, urm I know that teaching can be a very stressful job as I plan to go into it and luckily my school are supportive and are letting me help out with some of the lower year classes. The teacher might have had a bad day or something, so it might have caused them to act this way.

At the end of the day though, there must've been a reason for their action. Talk to them maybe? Have a friend present to make sure nothing happens.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!