PDA

View Full Version : User enters room, teleport help

Ed.
17-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey,

how do i make it so that it is only when a user is in the door that they get teleported?

Thread closed by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Due to bump.

Mr-Trainor
17-12-2010, 02:08 PM
You need:
WIRED Trigger: User enters room
WIRED Effect: User teleports to furni

Stack them together then just double click the effect and click 1-5 pieces of furniture :).

Ed.
17-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah I've got that much but it seems that when people enter using a teleport.... they get teleported which i don't want.

Mr-Trainor
17-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh right. I don't think that's possible unless you had a seat/floor item in the doorway :(.

Josh
17-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Have a piece of furniture (a mat maybe) just outside the teleporter so they will automatically walk on that. It will teleport you to the door and then to whatever the mat was wired to.

Alternatively, you don't use a "ENTER ROOM" trigger and just have 3 pieces of furniture around the door hooked up to teleport the user to the area you specify. Goodluck.

Mr-Trainor
17-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Have a piece of furniture (a mat maybe) just outside the teleporter so they will automatically walk on that. It will teleport you to the door and then to whatever the mat was wired to.

Alternatively, you don't use a "ENTER ROOM" trigger and just have 3 pieces of furniture around the door hooked up to teleport the user to the area you specify. Goodluck.
I presume he may have the door blocked though which is why he wants them to teleport somewhere else, meaning that wouldn't work :(.

As for the furni/mat outside the teleporter, that may not work if two people were to come out at once. What might work is if you set the furni to the teleporter itself, or stack a chair or something inside the teleporter :).

Gallons
28-12-2012, 02:13 AM
BUMP!

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly bump old threads.

Zak
28-12-2012, 02:28 AM
BUMP!

REPORTED! :)

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

Samantha
28-12-2012, 02:34 AM
I didn't know Wired had been out that long, they were the days in which people were making simpler games. Wow we've had Telephrase for two years, least this helps those who don't know much about Wired.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!