PDA

View Full Version : Alienware alternatives, again

Pazza
17-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey,

Basically, I was hoping to get an alienware aurora with my christmas money, but i've been looking at reviews and bad reviews outweigh the good reviews. I was wondering if there are any other reputable brands which do good gaming computers for £1000 or under. And if anyone's going to say build your own i wouldn't have the slightest idea !

+rep for any help :)

Jahova
18-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Build your own for less.

xxMATTGxx
18-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Build your own, it will probably save you a lot of money or you use the same amount of money but actually get a better system. Then you can have fun putting it all together! :P

Nemo
18-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Out of interest, how much would you be looking at to build your own gaming PC? Like something that could run a decent game + fraps?

Pazza
19-12-2010, 12:56 AM
My max budgets £1000, and i just want the best computer i can for that price really xD

Chippiewill
19-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Build your own for less.

Build your own, it will probably save you a lot of money or you use the same amount of money but actually get a better system. Then you can have fun putting it all together! :P
Not true anymore because manufacturers can buy in such bulk that it's now cheaper to just buy commercially. It's also much safer as well because of warranty etc.

Jam
19-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Not true anymore because manufacturers can buy in such bulk that it's now cheaper to just buy commercially. It's also much safer as well because of warranty etc.

Get the parts from Scan. Get the installation insurance in case you balls it up and all the parts are under guarantee for the year(s) afterwards.

Jahova
19-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Get the parts from Scan. Get the installation insurance in case you balls it up and all the parts are under guarantee for the year(s) afterwards.

Indeed. Plus you can make the PC how you want it.

Agnostic Bear
19-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Once again you have shown how little you know. It's cheaper to buy parts. Fact.

xxMATTGxx
19-12-2010, 09:48 AM

If I remember correctly if you buy brand new parts, you also get a warranty from the manufacturer either way. If you build, you put the system how you want it.

Pazza
19-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Ok i'm sorted now, i'm going to build my own but which graphics card is better, GeForce GTX 465 or AMD Radeon HD 6850, both 1gb :L ?

Chippiewill
19-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Once again you have shown how little you know. It's cheaper to buy parts. Fact.

It's more expensive to get a custom PC and it's been like that for years, go do some research before you continue trolling.

jam666
19-12-2010, 11:59 PM
It varies. If you want a simple pc to browse the internet with, then yes a pre-built is cheaper. However custom built will ALWAYS be cheaper when it comes to bang for the buck. For example if i had £500 and wanted a gaming pc.... i could build a pretty good gaming pc for that, but if i wanted a pre-built with the same specs as the custom built id have to spend closer to £800.

Agnostic Bear
20-12-2010, 12:35 PM
It's more expensive to get a custom PC and it's been like that for years, go do some research before you continue trolling.

Literally have no idea why you allow yourself to continue to post such delusions on this forum. I know more about these things than you. It's cheaper to build than to buy, go do some research before you continue trolling.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!