PDA

View Full Version : New Android Market

Dean
18-12-2010, 01:39 AM
So I was searching for Quadrant on the market just now and happened to realise there was a new market... somehow it updated! Not sure how, but take a look :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13410865/screenshot.png

Does anyone else have this?

HotelUser
18-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Nope, mine is still old, and ugly. It might be because of my custom rom though!

GommeInc
18-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Mine updated, but it's a bit buggy. The Apps, Games and My apps buttons are cut in half and the "update/install" buttons are particially hidden. Not sure what to do about it though :/

EDIT: Nevermind, it's magically fixed it :P How comes that always happens, when something goes wrong and you get that one time to talk about it, and the problem rights itself? :P

Dean
18-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Mine updated, but it's a bit buggy. The Apps, Games and My apps buttons are cut in half and the "update/install" buttons are particially hidden. Not sure what to do about it though :/

Strange, seems to work fine for me!

GommeInc
18-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Strange, seems to work fine for me!
Damn, you posted just as I edited. It's quite a good update! The previous market was so dull and boring. Android needs to move away from monotones and push into the graphics department, they're certainly proved themselves with this :)

xxMATTGxx
18-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Market works wonders here for me, but I just got the .apk and flashed it on myself.

Nope, mine is still old, and ugly. It might be because of my custom rom though!

David, just get the .apk or the .zip and put it on yourself! Thats what I did. :P

Damn, you posted just as I edited. It's quite a good update! The previous market was so dull and boring. Android needs to move away from monotones and push into the graphics department, they're certainly proved themselves with this :)

I think thats why Gingerbread also had a new stock theme as well which I must say is a great improvement. (Its in the other thread if you haven't seen it)

HotelUser
19-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Market works wonders here for me, but I just got the .apk and flashed it on myself.

David, just get the .apk or the .zip and put it on yourself! Thats what I did. :P

I think thats why Gingerbread also had a new stock theme as well which I must say is a great improvement. (Its in the other thread if you haven't seen it)

Just tried that and it didn't flash - something about an invalid signature. Ah, well.

xxMATTGxx
19-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Just tried that and it didn't flash - something about an invalid signature. Ah, well.

Shame for you then! :P

Shar
19-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Looks pretty good! Really tempted to buy another wildfire now

Dean
20-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Looks pretty good! Really tempted to buy another wildfire now

Why another? :O

xxMATTGxx
20-12-2010, 07:28 PM

I think her or her brother broke the previous one she had.

Shar
20-12-2010, 07:34 PM

What Matt said xD

Mathew
20-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Mine is still old but I'm updating it to 2.2 now (woo) so hopefully it will sort itself out :P

Suspective
20-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm using 2.1 as a update hasn't yet been released for my phone.

It looks good and I look forward to using it once an update is released!

Thanks for posting. :D

Shar
20-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Mine is still old but I'm updating it to 2.2 now (woo) so hopefully it will sort itself out :P

Can you get the update?!

Mathew
20-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Can you get the update?!
Yeah. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Software Updates and then do the check.

It messed up my mobile internet afterwards so I had to redo the APN which was a pain. Got it all sorted though at last.
Pretty good too - now you can use your phone as a wireless dongle so you can have your laptop connect to your mobile internet. Really easy to set up too.

Shar
20-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Software Updates and then do the check.

It messed up my mobile internet afterwards so I had to redo the APN which was a pain. Got it all sorted though at last.
Pretty good too - now you can use your phone as a wireless dongle so you can have your laptop connect to your mobile internet. Really easy to set up too.

You could do that before - I did anyway - download pdanet from the market (easy tether)

Dean
21-12-2010, 12:20 AM
You could do that before - I did anyway - download pdanet from the market (easy tether)

Easy tether is USB I believe, or is it Wi-Fi? Still, the idea of Wi-Fi tethering in the OS is pretty damn neat. :)

HotelUser
21-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Easy tether is USB I believe, or is it Wi-Fi? Still, the idea of Wi-Fi tethering in the OS is pretty damn neat. :)

PDANet and Easy Tether are two different apps,

both are USB - or PDANet supports a bluetooth DUN service.

Joe!
21-12-2010, 06:13 PM
If you root your phone you can use anetshare to turn into wifi access point :) just google it, not on the market.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!