PDA

View Full Version : Coffee or Tea

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 11:06 AM
What do you prefer out of coffee and tea - you MUST state why.

The post will be deemed pointless if you do not say why.

Rixion
18-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Coffee has more taste and better variety for me :)

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Coffee has more taste and better variety for me :)

Same here :D

We have one of those Dolce Gusto machine things - not exactly needed, but I do like it.

Any preferences on type of coffee?

buttons
18-12-2010, 11:22 AM
green tea alll day every day

the taste takes a bit to get used to but i sometimes add honey. it's full of anti-oxidants and my dentist always goes on about how good it is for gums. plus it doesn't stain your teeth like the rest, doesn't have much caffeine either. actually, there are loads of benefits, i don't really drink/eat for pleasure, just for all the benefits they give but it tastes goood. doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth either.

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 11:30 AM

the taste takes a bit to get used to but i sometimes add honey. it's full of anti-oxidants and my dentist always goes on about how good it is for gums. plus it doesn't stain your teeth like the rest, doesn't have much caffeine either. actually, there are loads of benefits, i don't really drink/eat for pleasure, just for all the benefits they give but it tastes goood. doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth either.

Ew :P

Isn't green tea the see through one?

Jabman95
18-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm addicted to both, I can't have less than 6 cups of each a day, Hard choice!

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm addicted to both, I can't have less than 6 cups of each a day, Hard choice!

I hope the coffee you have isn't strong.

Rixion
18-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Same here :D

We have one of those Dolce Gusto machine things - not exactly needed, but I do like it.

Any preferences on type of coffee?

Im a sweet kind of person so usually I prefer plenty of milk and sugar on mine so usually a bit weak, but not bothered really. Must say I love costa coffee! :)

Dean
18-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Black coffee because it's really strong and tastes so sweet, unlike tea or coffee with milk. I hate hate hate tea and coffee with milk because it tastes sour to me, oh and I haven't had tea in about 3 years. :P

Rozi
18-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I loveeeeeeeeee tea with a little bit of milk or black coffee. I HATE coffee with lots of milk and sugar, it's disgusting blarggh

dirrty
18-12-2010, 02:31 PM

before uni (so like pre-october) i used to drink like 2 litres of it a day cause i liked it, plus it has a lot of benefits (which i didn't rly notice lol). but i think i drank too much and it now makes my throat rly dry whenever i drink it :(

i don't rly like coffee, but drank **** loads of it yesterday for some reason but i still prefer tea over it - hot chocolate over em both tho

-:Undertaker:-
18-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Tea with two sugars (and I have milk). I'm not keen on coffee - it's drinkable, but like Dr Pepper its not something i'd want to drink.

I'd say I drink 8 cups of tea a day on average (when not in school).

Eoin247
18-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Tea, it can quench your thirst (unlike coffee), can be drunk at night without keeping you awake (unlike coffee) and it isn't bad for you (unlike coffee). :D

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Tea, it can quench your thirst (unlike coffee), can be drunk at night without keeping you awake (unlike coffee) and it isn't bad for you (unlike coffee). :D

why is coffee bad for you lol

Jordan
18-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Tea, the smell of coffee is off putting anything, and the taste is awful aswell

Eoin247
18-12-2010, 03:41 PM
why is coffee bad for you lol

I think its partly because of the large amount of caffeine in it compared to tea.

I've been told it has been related to cases of heart disease and that it can disrupt the functioning of blood vessels.

AgnesIO
18-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I think its partly because of the large amount of caffeine in it compared to tea.

I've been told it has been related to cases of heart disease and that it can disrupt the functioning of blood vessels.

I don't think there is a single thing in the world that doesn't cause heart disease or cancer lol

Arch
18-12-2010, 03:59 PM
i like tea better then regular coffee although if it was flavoured coffee id choose that

Stephen
18-12-2010, 05:40 PM
at home it would be tea but out I'd go for coffee over tea for obvious reasons

Deak
18-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Tea because I dont like coffee :)

RandomManJay
18-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I like both actually. I find that tea is really good if you just fancy a drink, or if you're ill, and that coffee is good if you're completely shattered and have a lecture in the morning :D. At this cafe at my uni, they sell this thing called a 'Nutty Professor'. Its great for waking up to.

Casanova
18-12-2010, 11:32 PM
depends on my moods and what i'm upto. If i'm off between 7-10 mugs of tea a day with the occasional coffee, but in work it's coffee all the way. Large doubleshot latte with a double shot of caramel :)

I used to love tea but everyone else makes it so weak I gave up. it's soul destroying when you see people adding milk to your tea before the water :( So i drink lots more coffee. The italians across from my work do the best latte i've ever tasted, for a pound! The starbucks down the road either piss in my coffee or use bitter beans. it's revolting.

lawrawrrr
18-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Tea - coffee's too bitter.

nat965
19-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Tea because I don't like the taste of any of the coffee brands :(

Shar
21-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Coffee - I hate the taste of tea :(

Swastika
21-12-2010, 02:22 PM
coffee.
tastes better in my opinion.

VelvetClover
21-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Coffee. It has a nicer, richer taste than tea. But I do like tea too.

Jordy
21-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't really drink tea outside my house tbh and it's too much effort to make it so I only drink when other people do. Coffee is much simpler and has more of an acquired taste in parts I think :)

Mr-Trainor
21-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I prefer Coffee, it has a better taste compared to Tea in my opinion :P.

wixard
21-12-2010, 07:43 PM
coffeeeeeeeeee
but tea when hungover or before bed

Gibs960
21-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Tea, as you can have biscuits and stuff with them and they don't keep you awake all night! :D

Snatter
21-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd prefer coffee - simply because I found a spider in my tea when I was a child and that's scared me ever since. Same happened with ice cream cones and I still haven't got over it :(

Jamesy
22-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I like tea and I like it sweet. The reason being I don't like the taste of coffee, well I've never had any but I certainly don't like the smell and thats good enough to keep me away! :P

karter
22-12-2010, 11:32 AM

YES SIR +REP FOR THAT :love:

green tea is healthy so its betterrr

Tea, as you can have biscuits and stuff with them and they don't keep you awake all night! :D

YES SIR! +REP FOR THAT TOO :love:

Oleh
23-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Really depends on the brand tbh.

Blue mountain coffee is indescribable whereas early grey is the blue mountain of the tea world for me.

Catzsy
23-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I am pretty 50/50. I prefer coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.

Mark
23-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Tea - I can't get into coffee yet, it's too strong tbh

EricZzz
03-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I drink coffee more than tea!

tea - for relaxation
coffee - for cheerfulness

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!