PDA

View Full Version : Sports Personality of the Year 2010

Deak
19-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Anybody seen the Sports Personality of the Year tonight?

Tony McCoy was awarded 1st place with Phil Taylor 2nd and Jessica Ennis coming 3rd.

Before the show i thought the top 3 would be David Haye 3rd, Phil Taylor 2nd & Jessica Ennis 1st, but im not disappointed with Tony McCoy winning it tho :)

Mathew
19-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't know who any of them are!

David Haye is the only person I know, out of who you mentioned :P

Deak
19-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know who any of them are!

David Haye is the only person I know, out of who you mentioned :P
Tony McCoy - Horse Racing
Phil 'The Power' Taylor - Darts
Jessica Ennis - Heptathlon

Ajthedragon
19-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Frank Williams got an award, now there's a real hero.

luce
20-12-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah i watched it and saw ian poulters outburst on twitter when G mac or Westwood didn't win which is really bitter. I didn't think the jockey would win it but fair enough. Tom Daley (love of my life) won YSPOTY for the 3rd time for his two common wealth golds and i think he will win the real deal when he gets his Olympic ones (hopefully) in 2012.

Also i cried when David Beckham got his life time achievement award which was a great moment. I didn't think they were ever going to stop clapping him :-)

Conservative,
20-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Federer should've won overseas award, if not then Lionel Messi?

Shar
21-12-2010, 03:25 PM
yeah i watched it and saw ian poulters outburst on twitter when G mac or Westwood didn't win which is really bitter. I didn't think the jockey would win it but fair enough. Tom Daley (love of my life) won YSPOTY for the 3rd time for his two common wealth golds and i think he will win the real deal when he gets his Olympic ones (hopefully) in 2012.

Also i cried when David Beckham got his life time achievement award which was a great moment. I didn't think they were ever going to stop clapping him :-)
David Beckham's speech was quite touching. :)

StefanWolves
24-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Phil Taylor should have won it.

Deak
24-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Phil Taylor should have won it.

I agree, he's been at the top of his sport (darts for people who didnt know) and nobody has even come close to doing what he has and is still doing and he's not really got any recognition for what he's achieved and more than likely will continue to achieve.

Monty
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
I cry for the Beckham's even though I despise them.

AgnesIO
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I cry for the Beckham's even though I despise them.

Just out of interest, why do you despise such a down to earth family?

Eoin247
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I think that Tony McCoy deserved the award. I'm glad for him that he got it. Even though horse racing isn't my all time favourite sport,

Seth
11-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Feel a tad sorry for Jessica Enis, third again. On the other hand Tony McCoy really did deserve it :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!