PDA

View Full Version : Rep limitation

Conservative,
20-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Well..considering it's not about how many people per day you rep anymore, I think the rep limit needs to be removed...why?

Well, previously I can understand why it was there - people could try and rep all their friends again and again so the limit was needed. But now there is time instead of amount of people I think it is unnecessary.

In the Christmas Rep thread I was not able to rep everyone due to this limit of giving rep. It has no job anymore, because you have to wait 1 week to rep someone twice, no matter what whereas before if you repped 15 different people you just repped them again, so I understand how/why it was there, but I really think it is pointless now.

:)

FlyingJesus
20-12-2010, 06:40 PM
What's it at currently? I can't honestly say I see many posts per day that need repping - and if there were more from different people each day then the count limit wouldn't have needed to change to time in the first place

Gina
20-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I agree with, I want to give both samanfa and shadowchild some +rep for some amazing graphic work they did, but It says im not allowed until the 25th, its abit annoying, and I dont really see the point...

wixard
20-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree with, I want to give both samanfa and shadowchild some +rep for some amazing graphic work they did, but It says im not allowed until the 25th, its abit annoying, and I dont really see the point...

thats not what hes saying though

Conservative,
What's it at currently? I can't honestly say I see many posts per day that need repping - and if there were more from different people each day then the count limit wouldn't have needed to change to time in the first place

It needed to change to time because some people didn't rep 15 people in a month, others would rep the same 15 every day.

Anyway, I'm not sure what it is currently, but as I said, it's for things like the Christmas rep thread, or debates threads, or current affairs. Recently I've found myself giving out "too much" rep quite a few times. And it's not just +rep it's -rep, my guess is it's maybe 15-20?

Matthew
No, thats the limitation per user

robbies on about the limit for the whole forum (i.e you can only give out 20 reps per day to anyone on the forum)

Its only really because of the xmas rep thread that this is a problem, normally it isnt, so i think its fine as it is

Conservative,
20-12-2010, 06:44 PM
No, thats the limitation per user

robbies on about the limit for the whole forum (i.e you can only give out 20 reps per day to anyone on the forum)

Its only really because of the xmas rep thread that this is a problem, normally it isnt, so i think its fine as it is

Maybe it could be lifted (somehow?) for that thread then? Although I have actually found it to be a problem a few times more recently, since I've started giving out more rep.

FlyingJesus
20-12-2010, 06:52 PM
If it's 20 as Matt says then there's no need to increase it, I sincerely doubt there are going to be 20 good posts a day let alone from different people

Mr-Trainor
20-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Isn't it only 10, not 20? I think the 10 should be raised to 15, or maybe 20. Definitely no higher in my opinion though :).

Sharon
20-12-2010, 07:07 PM
15+ sounds amazing tbh

AgnesIO
20-12-2010, 07:31 PM

I rep a few people a day - up to five normally.

I am more generous than most though I think :P Although I also -rep a lot.

Chippiewill
20-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm fairly certain it's ten per day, I think it should be changed to 15 or 20 now. It did use to be 20 but it was changed back in the days of 30+ rep power because people could spam rep. But it's fine now because of the 7 day limit.

Matthew
21-12-2010, 12:23 PM
20 was just an example :P

I think its 10 atm, needs to go a little higher but definately not over 20

Catzsy
21-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I think it is just fine as it is. A happy medium and a lot less strict than it used to be. The Merry Xmas thread is just a once a year thing.

Nicola
21-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I can confirm that the limit is currently 10 but honestly that seems a little small so we're going to increase it to 15 :)

Mr-Trainor
21-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I can confirm that the limit is currently 10 but honestly that seems a little small so we're going to increase it to 15 :)
That'll be much better, thanks Nicola :D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!