PDA

View Full Version : spyware

Judas
21-12-2010, 01:10 AM
my friends text me, he has spyware on his computer and hes asked me to help him get rid of it, i dont know why he asked me cos i really dont have a clue LOL but he says he cant run any programmes at all, meaning no internet or anti virus or anything...

what can i tell him to do

Recursion
21-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Format. Reinstall. Done.

LMS16
21-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Boot in safe mode & run Malwarebytes :)

Saves time.

Lew.

AgnesIO
21-12-2010, 12:03 PM
When booting pc, tap F11 (I think that is it, can't remember exactly)
Safe mode with networking
Once booted:
Filehippo.com
Search MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Download and Install
Quick Scan
It normally finds the virus and removes.

Hope that works :)

Judas
22-12-2010, 03:09 PM
ok sorry i actually forgot about this thread lol but thanks for the replies, apparently he just took the battery out overnight turned it on in the morning and it was working :S but thanks anyway :D

HotelUser
22-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm glad to hear your friend got everything working - but even if you were suspicious of having spyware I really think reinstalling Windows is a good idea - you never want to risk divulging any passwords, or personal details right?

Chippiewill
22-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm glad to hear your friend got everything working - but even if you were suspicious of having spyware I really think reinstalling Windows is a good idea - you never want to risk divulging any passwords, or personal details right?

Agreed, if a windows installation has ever been compromised you want to reinstall because some security may have been taken down by the virus or it may have already let some more in without being detected. It's a hassle but worth it.

But it sounds like it just overheated or windows was being a pain or something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!