PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Rewarding site looking for skilled people!

CStorm
21-12-2010, 01:34 AM
http://www.thebuzzhive.com/images/forum_logo_image.png
Hello all. I'm currently on the lookout for a few skilled, young people who would be interested in assisting with the development, and eventual operation of an upcoming website i've already been working on for the past few months. This website is called The BuzzHive..

The BuzzHive is essentially a news, community and blogging platform of sorts. It is apparent that not all teenagers and adults of today keep up with the news due to its age-old, yet reliable format. The main aim of the The BuzzHive is to make the news more enjoyable to interact with, find out about and produce for those who currently don't keep up with it or enjoy it. It's platform is the internet, which is one of the leading formats of news in the world today. Sites like The BuzzHive are important to the development of news as sites (such as Twitter and Newsvine) become sources of headline news in society, as an example. The BuzzHive gives control to the user, and the community of the website. It does this by letting them upload a news story they may have heard and wish to share. Users have total freedom as to what they post, although content is moderated. Users are their own editors, publishers and journalists. News will be split into categories, and possibly sub-categories as the site and community develops.

As well as news, users can upload and create their own personal blogs which could help with personal development as they develop their skills. Adding blogs also adds an extra dimension to the site as a whole. On top of blogging, users can also post reviews and create discussions (both are self-explanatory).

If this hasn't grabbed your interest so far, what follows most certainly will..

To give the site an edge, a leaderboard system will be implemented. As a part of things all user-submitted content will result in the user having points accredited to their account. As users post more and more, their balance steadily increases. At the end of each calendar month the top 3 users with the most points will be rewarded with either online vouchers or small gifts etc. All user's points are then reset for the following month and the process repeats.

So, as of now the basics are all ready. We have the domain, the server and the actual website layout all coded and ready. What I need now is a team so we can begin working on the more advanced stuff such as the actual user system, points system etc. I am also looking for people who have good communication skills, ideally suited towards user support and promotion. And finally, I am looking for one or two people who are good at community-based tasks and general site operation.

In short, here is what I am looking for:

Developers

Skilled in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL & databases and possibly Javascript
Experience from at least 3 other websites
A lot of free time
Aged 16+

Support & Operations

Skilled in HTML, CSS, communicating with users, using emails and being creative
Experience from at least 3 other websites
A lot of free time
Aged 16+

As for this 'reward', unfortunately I am not certain if there will be any payment during the development stage of The BuzzHive (as all my payments are currently feeding into the upkeep of the site amongst licenses etc.) however, I am willing to discuss with those who object this. Once we have launched, I am pretty confident that everyone working on the site will receive an equal share of the profits made from the site (provided they contribute to the operation of the site). Regardless of whether anyone gets paid, this website will greatly benefit those who wish to build on their teamwork skills (amongst other skills) and who may consider website development as a possible career.

So if this has got you interested, please send me a PM and ill get back to you. Any questions, fire away! :)

http://www.thebuzzhive.com

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!