PDA

View Full Version : Famous friends?

VelvetClover
21-12-2010, 03:06 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows or their family/friend(s) knows a famous/influential person, a celebrity or a well known politician for example?
Personally I don't...my dad knows David Gilmour (guy from Pink Floyd) and his family and a famous steel tycoon through his work.
How about everyone else? Anyone on the forum got any connections to celebrities?

Middlesbrough
21-12-2010, 03:10 AM
My mum knows Roy Chubby Brown?

VelvetClover
21-12-2010, 03:13 AM

He's a comedian right?

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 03:39 AM
My parents are really close friends with Len Goodman off Strictly Come Dancing, I've met him loads, and he's not a celebrity as such, but I'm know the principal flautist of the London Symphony Orchestra :D

Cwmbran
21-12-2010, 03:47 AM
My girlfriend is a distant cousin to Halle Berry, and I also know a singer who isnt really famous but you can buy his CD in Tesco.
I win soz all xoxoxo

-:Undertaker:-
21-12-2010, 03:51 AM

My mums old friend went out with him (from what I remember that is how it was).

Eoin247
21-12-2010, 09:19 AM
People my freinds/family know.:)

Niall horan-one direction,
Sarah jessica parker,
A few irish rugby internationals,
some newstalk broadcasters.

ROT
21-12-2010, 09:35 AM
i no bap kennedy woo and his bruv, brian ok? xxxx

Shar
21-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I know there's a lot of famous people who live/were born where I live, however I myself have no famous friends. :)

Roxy
21-12-2010, 02:12 PM
My mum knew Jason Isaacs because she directed / helped out with several plays when she was at Bristol Uni and he was in quite a few of them, but nowadays nah we don't know anyone.

CJW93
21-12-2010, 06:18 PM
My mum speaks to Russel Brand's mum every now and then

Imosae
21-12-2010, 06:26 PM
My mam knows your mam.
But nah i think my dad knows Mr. Bean aka. Rowan Atkinson!

Misawa
21-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows or their family/friend(s) knows a famous/influential person, a celebrity or a well known politician for example?
Personally I don't...my dad knows David Gilmour (guy from Pink Floyd) and his family and a famous steel tycoon through his work.
How about everyone else? Anyone on the forum got any connections to celebrities?

Your dad works in Gilmour's stables? A friend of mine works there.

Janet Street-Porter is a cousin of mine. A "celebrity" friend of mine is James Gunn. Had many famous acquaintances but I wouldn't call them friends. ANd I don't think you could call Terry Pratchett's daughter a celeb.

VelvetClover
21-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Your dad works in Gilmour's stables? A friend of mine works there.

Janet Street-Porter is a cousin of mine. A "celebrity" friend of mine is James Gunn. Had many famous acquaintances but I wouldn't call them friends. ANd I don't think you could call Terry Pratchett's daughter a celeb.

Nope my dad doesn't work in the stables. His company does work for Gilmour.
Who's James Gunn?

Misawa
21-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Film-maker. Writer of Scooby Doo, Dawn of the Dead, director of Slither and Super.

matt$
21-12-2010, 07:16 PM
My teacher @ college is friends with james blunt cause he used to be in the army, and that teacher is good friends with my dad.

Mr-Trainor
21-12-2010, 07:26 PM
My cousin was in the same class as Shilpa Shetty at school. She won Big Brother :P.

Mathew
21-12-2010, 07:39 PM
My Dad knows Mick McConnell from the band Smokie (they sung Living Next Door to Alice if you've heard of it :P)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokie_%28band%29

Nemo
21-12-2010, 08:10 PM
i know this guy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=34499)

Other than that, no one really D:

Inseriousity.
21-12-2010, 08:30 PM
errmmm my dad's painted gareth southgate's house (ex-boro manager) but never met him. my dad's painted roy chubby brown's house (or it mighta been his son, not sure) and he met him but that's really clutching at straws. We don't know anyone famous. I went to school with Journey South (who? ye lol, band off X Factor one year)'s cousin.

Snatter
21-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Eh - one of my cousins is the President of Ireland if that counts lol :D

Mathew
21-12-2010, 08:36 PM
errmmm my dad's painted gareth southgate's house (ex-boro manager) but never met him. my dad's painted roy chubby brown's house (or it mighta been his son, not sure) and he met him but that's really clutching at straws. We don't know anyone famous. I went to school with Journey South (who? ye lol, band off X Factor one year)'s cousin.
Oh well if we're going that far, then my Uncle has done a lot of work in Sam Fox's house - adding the latest technology such as electric curtains and control pads which control absolutely everything in the room.
He also had a meeting with Vernon Kay and his wife but they wouldn't pay the amount he was asking for :P:P

Gibs960
21-12-2010, 08:39 PM
My dad knew Brian Clough before he died I think... he was a policeman at football matches and one day he got invited to have a meal with Brian and his family and they just became friends! ;)

Sharon
21-12-2010, 08:42 PM

That somehow does not sound realistic.

HotelUser
21-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I couldn't tell you much about any famous person really, I can't even say I've ever met anyone famous :P

Snatter
21-12-2010, 08:47 PM
That somehow does not sound realistic.

Can I ask why?

Bluney
23-12-2010, 08:39 AM
This doesn't count but my parents are friends, and have been friends for a long time, with a couple of famous people in their hometown in Poland.
Like in famous 'soap operas' all over Poland. I thought that was kind of cool. Meh.

Ajthedragon
23-12-2010, 09:40 AM
I have Cher Lloyd on facebook.

Wouldn't say I know anybody though. :P

Circadia
23-12-2010, 09:40 AM
My friend was baby sat by little boots when she was little and billy idol was in the year above my dad at school. That's about it lol

Ed.
23-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I've been to Florence of Florence and the Machine's house because she is the sister of a boy in my year at school.

IceNineKills
24-12-2010, 08:14 AM
my uncle is dennis taylor
and my family knows chris eubank and his family well.

Dean
24-12-2010, 10:50 AM
My mum is good friends with Alesha Dixon's dad and used to go drinking down the pub with him.

Glopy
24-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I know hoteluser. where like bbfls.

Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks.

VelvetClover
25-12-2010, 12:17 AM
my uncle is dennis taylor
and my family knows chris eubank and his family well.

Years ago Chris Eubank's nephew, I think it was, used to hang around the same place as me sometimes.
Another Brightonian on the forum I see lol

Rozi
25-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Well once I went into the bedroom of the girl who played the worst witch on the ITV adaptation

beat that *******

Judas
25-12-2010, 02:09 AM
MY DAD KNOWS CHRIS MOYLES BROTHER and i had lunch with him last year i was like cooool

Lost_Addict
25-12-2010, 09:34 AM
It depends what you mean by know.
I've got Tim vine on my freinds list and has performed at my church.
My dad and mum has done the audio for Cliff Richard who has performed at our church.
Ben Kerfoot goes to my college and i've had chats with him.
A freind of a freind ( i only know him as joey) has done voice acting and been in shows like family guy.

Thats all i can think of at the top of my head.

Casio
25-12-2010, 11:55 AM
My mum and dad know Chris Eubank quite well, and my friend went out with george sampson but eh

Starburst..x
25-12-2010, 10:58 PM
My mum knew Jason Isaacs because she directed / helped out with several plays when she was at Bristol Uni and he was in quite a few of them, but nowadays nah we don't know anyone.

Not going to lie I am pretty damn jealous of this to be honest, I love Jason Isaacs!

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything/anyone :(

qaxzsw
26-12-2010, 01:06 AM
I have quite a few connections but not directly, but probably if i was desperate could meet them if i really wanted to.

One of my best friends sister is friends with pixie lott, my dad works with alexandra burkes brother, this boy in my form used to be looked after by sarah smith from Same Difference (Came 2nd or 3rd on the X factor), she used to work in this nursery thing at his mums work, and co-incidentally I've met her before ;]

Thats about it really.

PaulMacC
26-12-2010, 01:17 AM
I know Pyropuncher, he's a guy on YouTube with 100,000 subscribers. In fact, he's me.
Also, my cousin's cousin is Orlaith from Big Brother 7. I think, not sure what series. But yeah, she's a model and I got a ******* kiss off her one Christmas, ujelly?

Chippiewill
26-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I know Pyropuncher, he's a guy on YouTube with 100,000 subscribers. In fact, he's me.
Also, my cousin's cousin is Orlaith from Big Brother 7. I think, not sure what series. But yeah, she's a model and I got a ******* kiss off her one Christmas, ujelly?

Don't forget, you also know Pearse95 the most beast Black Ops player in all the lands.

Hiro
26-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Family friends with most of The Beautiful South/The Housemartins.
Friend's uncle is Dean Windass.

Eoin247
26-12-2010, 01:07 PM

You're first cousins with Mary McAleese?

Thats probably the most direct connection to someone famous on this thread so far ;)

wiktoria
26-12-2010, 01:23 PM
personally i don't know anyone famous but this girls cousin that I know knows wagner (apparently)

Misawa
26-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I know Pyropuncher, he's a guy on YouTube with 100,000 subscribers.

Your postman is more famous.

JACKTARD
26-12-2010, 05:15 PM
a family friend is the drummer from the charlotens, cant spell the band :P. Johnny Brookes, the one who sadly has a bran tumour at the moment.

we also know a few other celebrities who have been customers of the family business, Birmingham Billiards.

AgnesIO
26-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Will post more later, but Danny Crates

kuzkasate
26-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Well I have met most of the Coronation Street cast because we went to this Russian Circus and they all turned up there. And I also know both Lauren Brannings from Eastenders (new and old) but I would say I am closest with the old Lauren from Eastenders.

mynameiswootzeh
26-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Your postman is more famous.
lolol obviously jealous more people watch his videos than have ever watched your crappy movies.

Snatter
26-12-2010, 07:00 PM
You're first cousins with Mary McAleese?

Thats probably the most direct connection to someone famous on this thread so far ;)

No well second cousin. I should have phrased it properly, sorry!

Oleh
26-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Graham Mullins (coincidentally shares my surname)
i did know Fred Trueman (coincidentally shares my nans sisters families surname)
James Carr (Gonna be a famous musician)
Oli Sykes (My mates cousin, spoke quite a few times - Pretty big **** tbh)
i guess knowing the chuckle brothers and jimmy patton is inclusive too.

IceNineKills
27-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Years ago Chris Eubank's nephew, I think it was, used to hang around the same place as me sometimes.
Another Brightonian on the forum I see lol

:)

i grew up with seb and chris eubank

qaxzsw
28-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Well I have met most of the Coronation Street cast because we went to this Russian Circus and they all turned up there. And I also know both Lauren Brannings from Eastenders (new and old) but I would say I am closest with the old Lauren from Eastenders.

I met Tracey Barlow from Corrie in Poundland ;) She called me stylish.

VelvetClover
28-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Wow this thread has turned out popular...seems we all like showing off about our famous contacts lol

Stephen
28-12-2010, 05:06 PM
no one famous soz. But my mum went out with danny peacock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Peacock) but that was before he acted cos they went to school together but she also met his dad too who is..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/images/2005/05/24/jim_trott_203x152.jpg

Inseriousity.
28-12-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/images/2005/05/24/jim_trott_203x152.jpg

no no no no no no no way! lolol I love that show :D

RedStratocas
28-12-2010, 05:46 PM
i met bill clinton once, but thats about it. ive met people that are locally famous (governors, etc) but no one notable really.

nat965
29-12-2010, 09:31 AM
no one knows any 'well known' celeb/sports star etc., but my Uncle was playing for Australia in Rugby Union in the 80s.

Rozi
29-12-2010, 11:58 AM
I just remembered that my Cousins partner used to play for England's Womans Hockey Team! They won stuff as well haha

Icemaniceice
29-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I met Miley Cyrus (Destiny Hope Cyrus) once and became friends with her (she is kinda ****** at times) but I lost touch with her :(

,Lexiilu
29-12-2010, 09:51 PM
let see
well my mom met beyonce and jay-z in new york city and got pictures with them :D it was pretty awesome!
umm i met derek roy but he's not really famous :P he plays hockey here in my city
my english teacher went on a date with adam sandler hahahahahahahaha
ermmmm well i am a distant relative of alexander graham bell who invented the telephone!
my 5th grade teacher's daughter met miley cyrus and gave me her autograph and pictures of her backstage woooo

i haven't really met anyone that notable myself honestly :P

Pazza
29-12-2010, 10:34 PM
my best friends dads friends sons are the flintoffs
and one of my sisters best friends is stacey mcclean, she got to the judges houses in x factor and was in s club juniors hahahahaha

i win.

AgnesIO
29-12-2010, 11:14 PM
my best friends dads friends sons are the flintoffs
and one of my sisters best friends is stacey mcclean, she got to the judges houses in x factor and was in s club juniors hahahahaha

i win.

You are about as close to the flintoffs as I am to pluto.

flatface
29-12-2010, 11:28 PM
yeh im bezzie mates with chezza cole

Special-1k
30-12-2010, 08:00 AM
My uncle met Will Smith I guess he sorta knows him. I'm not really related to anyone famous.. not that I know of anyway. :O

Coheed&Cambria
30-12-2010, 11:14 PM

David Gilmour <3

Met his son but thats about it lol

Alexx..
31-12-2010, 12:26 AM
My friend is a cousin of roy chubby brown and richard griffiths (vernon from harry potter) is a distant relative of mine.

Lost_Addict
10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh i forgot to mention, If anyone watched that Penn and Teller show on channel 4 where magicians tried to fool them and if they did they got to perform with them in vegas.

I know John Archer, one of the guys who won. ;)

Zuth
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
My dad used to be mates with the owner of the car company TVR untill he died.

lawrawrrr
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh also if anyone watches MI High on CBBC, one of my really close friends is Carrie. sometimes i forget shes on tv XD

cocaine
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
makes me laugh, most of the people in this thread claim to know famous people but they're always through mates or mates' dads friends.

Caution
10-01-2011, 06:51 PM
The referee in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI) video taught me maths for a few months.

J0SH
11-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah I know Michael Watson. He's an ex-boxer from Hackney, he was pretty good till Chris Eubank gave him brain damage. Anyway, where I work he always eats across the road, so he knows my dad who owns the business so I talk to him too. He's a nice guy. :P

velvet
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
erm, i loosely know quite a few people from the x factor and other reality shows
my ex was good friends with ronnie o'sullivan, used to play poker with him and stuff

Narnat,
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
My mums cousin owns a record company and she is really good friends with celine dion and she went to her wedding and stuff.

bkps
15-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Harry Aikines-Aryeetey my best friend is his sister. I've met him loads of times before :P And you know Paije from x factor? My sister went to college with him :P

lol
16-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Some of my friends have claimed to have hung out with Emma Watson at Brown (about an hour away from my school), i'm wicked jealous haha

Jord
16-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't know none but my dad owns a cab office and celebrities go in all the time and he always get an autograph and hangs it up.

Got that boxer in a wheelchair forgot his name, del boy (dunno his real name) TQ, couple footballers, defoe etc

LouisCollins
16-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I know Dannyl Johnson, Was on the xfactor :)

RyanDOT
16-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I met Devlin at a party couple of years ago, but only had a chat with him. So can't class him as a 'friend'...

Cheryl
16-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Family friends with most of The Beautiful South/The Housemartins.
Friend's uncle is Dean Windass.

Lucky, love The Beautiful South.

The fitter one

Graham Mullins (coincidentally shares my surname)
i did know Fred Trueman (coincidentally shares my nans sisters families surname)
James Carr (Gonna be a famous musician)
Oli Sykes (My mates cousin, spoke quite a few times - Pretty big **** tbh)
i guess knowing the chuckle brothers and jimmy patton is inclusive too.

Oli Sykes <3 <3

I just remembered that my Cousins partner used to play for England's Womans Hockey Team! They won stuff as well haha

My favourite teacher still plays for England, and we're going to see her sister play in indoor 6s at Wembley.

Oh also if anyone watches MI High on CBBC, one of my really close friends is Carrie. sometimes i forget shes on tv XD

Ahaha, I know that.

Other than my teacher playing international hockey, I know no one :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!