PDA

View Full Version : GREAT NEWS!

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Note before reading this post: I'm an aspiring author. Been writing for years now!

now the post.
I GOT A POEM PUBLISHED, IN A PROPER BOOK AND EVERYTHING! YAY!

If you want to read it, pm <3

buttons
21-12-2010, 04:57 PM
congrats!
what is was it about? can't you post it here?

Jamesy
21-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Thats cool! I had one of mine published in a book waay back in middle school - I read it back the other day and it's not very good :P. I think you should post yours though, as lovely as PMing you sounds :)

Zak
21-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Well done, must be a proud moment! In a book and everything, wow.. well done :D

Deak
21-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Congratulations & get it posted on here please :)

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll post it here as long as people don't flame me - i've had bad experiences elsewhere :L

The Phoenix
A shifting beat of molten wings,
A haunting call that slowly rings,
A click of metal against stone,
A beast of flame perched on its throne.
Eyes shine of ruby desire,
Looking out across the mire,
Wings alight dry the murky mud,
As temptation dares to flood.
A shadow creeps behind the form,
Moving closer and getting warm,
A winding net is raised above,
Its target a small gift for love.
Wings flail as the spirit cries,
Web tangled and unable to rise,
Though the flames could scorch the ropes,
The beast is caught from long past hopes.
Once caught and never free,
Was how the phoenix was made to be,
Exploding in a fiery flash,
Never dying as it returns from ash.

Deak
21-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Thats a good poem, i liked it :)

Well done you :D

tylermunjkt
21-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Wow! Well done, Great Poem! +Rep!

Judas
21-12-2010, 05:57 PM
thats a really nice poem :D you should apply for article writer!

Jessicrawrr
21-12-2010, 06:00 PM
aw that's a real cute poem ;D

Jordan
21-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Lovely poem! :D

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 06:36 PM
thats a really nice poem :D you should apply for article writer!
I'd like to, I am an English student, and am part of the school newspaper so I'm into that kind of thing (:

Judas
21-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd like to, I am an English student, and am part of the school newspaper so I'm into that kind of thing (:

go for it :) i have :D

VelvetClover
21-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Congratulations! Which book is your poem published in?

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 07:27 PM
go for it :) i have :D

LOL where do i apply?

---------- Post added 21-12-2010 at 07:37 PM ----------

Congratulations! Which book is your poem published in?

Don't know yet, some anthology of young authors?

Judas
21-12-2010, 09:22 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=679795

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 09:25 PM
thank youu!!!

Dean
22-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Nice poem! Better than anything I could write :P

Rixion
22-12-2010, 01:32 AM
That's really good, one of the best poems i've read in a while! :D

Eoin247
22-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Thats a fantastic poem!

I really hope you continue with writing these kind of poems as you really are good at it :)

I'd +Rep the poem but i gave too much rep in the last 24 hours:( Damn the system

Fez
22-12-2010, 03:23 AM
Welcome to the club of published writers. Now all you need to do is shun away your friends and family for the sake of working ;)

Seriously though, congrats, I've been a literature writer-guy for all of my life yet my first published piece is an article in a magazine. I too am an aspiring author, although I just generally want to be this writery-guy.

lawrawrrr
22-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the club of published writers. Now all you need to do is shun away your friends and family for the sake of working ;)

Already done! They are so not happy with me. MEH. YOU GUYS ARE FTW!

Thankyouuu :)

p.s. fezes ARE cool.

Shoe
22-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Wow this poem is really good, very well done on getting it published :D

Jahova
22-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Nice. We always had poems and stories published back in lower school.

VelvetClover
23-12-2010, 12:14 AM
LOL where do i apply?

---------- Post added 21-12-2010 at 07:37 PM ----------

Don't know yet, some anthology of young authors?

I had my poem published in a book like that when I was younger (I'm an aspiring author too :)) it's wonderful to see your work in print in a proper book. Do you write fiction/stories or just poetry?

lawrawrrr
23-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I write everything really, I just find poems easiest, and quicker. I do like short stories, also fanfiction, write a lot of that!

Also, I've been working on my second novel for a year now, finished my first 2 years ago but threw it away 'cos I got annoyed at it. Wish I hadn't!! What about you?

VelvetClover
23-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I started my first novel when I was 17 (I'm 23 now) and I've been working on the sequel...can't finish the first properly until the sequel's done in case I need to change things (for continuity). Do you use fanfiction.net?
And don't throw away your work! Lol

Find out what book you're published in too... will the book be available to buy in shops?

HotelUser
23-12-2010, 03:00 AM
I didn't mention this earlier, my sister loves writing she's very passionate about writing and from the snippets I've read from her she's certainly quite the writer. I'm only afraid that if she does post what she's written online there's always bound to be those who criticize and, of course, will go for the jugular. By no means is she built purely out of a delicate glass but I'm still worried about the criticism she would naturally face.

lawrawrrr
23-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I started my first novel when I was 17 (I'm 23 now) and I've been working on the sequel...can't finish the first properly until the sequel's done in case I need to change things (for continuity). Do you use fanfiction.net?
And don't throw away your work! Lol

Find out what book you're published in too... will the book be available to buy in shops?

yes, i'm addicted to that site!! LOL! I'll let you know when I do!

---------- Post added 23-12-2010 at 12:31 PM ----------

I didn't mention this earlier, my sister loves writing she's very passionate about writing and from the snippets I've read from her she's certainly quite the writer. I'm only afraid that if she does post what she's written online there's always bound to be those who criticize and, of course, will go for the jugular. By no means is she built purely out of a delicate glass but I'm still worried about the criticism she would naturally face.

Which is why I was a bit hesitant about posting it on here, as I've had a few flame-y emails, not very pleasant to receive. I also write under a pseudonym, because I don't like my friends and family reading my work - it's personal to me. If she posts on somewhere like fictionpress.net (for original writers), then she's likely to get some criticism, but 80% of people on there are genuinely nice, and won't give unnecessary comments. Good luck to her!

Mark
23-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Really good poem! well done! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!