PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry help

syko2006
21-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Basically guys, I'm getting a blackberry curve for Christmas on Pay & Go, any ideas on what sort of bolt-on I'll be ok with getting because of the BB messenger & wi-fi? I'm just so confused! I don't know if I should pay £5 and get a 500 mb bolt on and get unlimited e-mailing or stay with what I'm on, £7.50 and get 500mb of internet. I know that sounds stupid and I've just realised I might aswell change LOL, but I still don't know what the deal is with wi-fi charges & stuff.

HELP PLEASE?! If CBB to read up /\ I need help with ''what type of tariff should I get to support my blackberry?''

thank you, you sexy forumers.

dogboy123
21-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Ive got orange dolphin

You top up £10 and you get 300 texts, unlimited internet and if you talk to them they can take £5 off for blackberry add ons (bbm and app world). So you end up with £5 for calls and above

Thats what I like as I dont really call much but if you want then then idk

Snatter
21-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Depends - what network do you want to go for?

It's £15 a month for 500 texts & 500MB data on O2... you also get Blackberry email for this.

Deak
21-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Well I'm on Vodafone and they give me free wifi (as long as i stick within the 1gb limit - i think thats the limit anyway) & if you opt in to an add-on which is £10 p/month gets you 500mb 3G internet & 300 free texts plus the £10 top up (not a mandatory cost but if you don't top up you wont get the extras in a months period)

Moh
21-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Ew, blackberry.

Like Ben said, I would say go on orange dolphin. You get your free texts and internet access. You will also get coverage pretty much anywhere in the UK and Orange have good customer service.

If you require more, then I would go for a contract than PAYG.

lawrawrrr
21-12-2010, 09:30 PM
On orange, you can buy a "Blackberry Package", which is what I've got, which is only £5 a month, and you get unlimited internet and blackberry messenger. You can add this onto an existing plan, or just on it's own. This is what I use, and I think it's great value for money!

syko2006
21-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks like I may have to switch to Orange! Btw I'm on O2, probably should have stated that! xD Thanks guys! :D
Atm I get unlimited texts if I top up £10 a month and internet bolt on which is £7.50, so I suppose if I change to the £5 one I should be alright? xD Thanks for your help so far guys, it really has helped 'cos it's given me more of an idea what I can do. :)

dogboy123
21-12-2010, 09:36 PM
So what you do is top up £10 for 300 texts and internet. Then take away £5 for the blackberry package but u still get ur internet and texts :)

Snatter
21-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Ew, blackberry.

Like Ben said, I would say go on orange dolphin. You get your free texts and internet access. You will also get coverage pretty much anywhere in the UK and Orange have good customer service.

If you require more, then I would go for a contract than PAYG.

BlackBerry's own!

I think you may be better going for a 1 month / 12 month Simplicity deal from O2. It really depends what networks have the best coverage in your area.

syko2006
21-12-2010, 09:46 PM
So what you do is top up £10 for 300 texts and internet. Then take away £5 for the blackberry package but u still get ur internet and texts :)

That's basically how I want it! Sounds too good to be true. ;( Reckon my £7.50 500mb data bolt-on would do it? (a) 'cos atm the tariff I'm on is perfect, top up £10, get unlimited messages & then they take £7.50 & I get 500mb (or unlimited to them) internet. :D

LMS16
22-12-2010, 08:20 AM
That's basically how I want it! Sounds too good to be true. ;( Reckon my £7.50 500mb data bolt-on would do it? (a) 'cos atm the tariff I'm on is perfect, top up £10, get unlimited messages & then they take £7.50 & I get 500mb (or unlimited to them) internet. :D

When I was on P&G, I just rang them & they take £5 a month from you once youve topped up. Internet is included with the dolphin pack so just go for the £5 for the BBM etc.. :)

Lew.

beth
22-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks like I may have to switch to Orange! Btw I'm on O2, probably should have stated that! xD Thanks guys! :D
Atm I get unlimited texts if I top up £10 a month and internet bolt on which is £7.50, so I suppose if I change to the £5 one I should be alright? xD Thanks for your help so far guys, it really has helped 'cos it's given me more of an idea what I can do. :)

no you don't have to switch, i'm on o2. though i am pay monthly.
their internet thing is called blackberry unlimited its £7.50 a month, just switch from the web bolt on. :)

Sarah
22-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I know on o2 you top up £15 a month to get unlimited Blackberry usage (BBM etc), and then 500 texts? (i think) and unlimited web. I think its that anyway!

Snatter
22-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I know on o2 you top up £15 a month to get unlimited Blackberry usage (BBM etc), and then 500 texts? (i think) and unlimited web. I think its that anyway!

It's 500MB web data now I think.

syko2006
26-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Yay! All sorted! :D I made an account on the O2 website and checked the bolt-ons from there and they have a Blackberry bolt-on for 5 pound a month you get Blackberry access, unlimted e-mail an wi-fi and 500mb internet, cracking! :D

Mizki
04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
I've tried the iphones, the droid phones etc etc, but i've always gone back to my blackberry! I think the best deal at the moment is with o2 Simplicity 1month/12month packs which someone mentioned above. They offer minutes as well as unlimited texts and blackberry internet/mail. Orange do offer internet but they have a lower cap at 200mb I believe. Where as o2 will give you 500mb.

Saying that, i'm currently in a contract with Orange and really have nothing bad to say about them. But in March when my contract is up i'm moving to o2 Simplicity.

IMO - Orange win at contracts and O2 win at PAYG/1/12month packages.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!