PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Girls?

Bluney
23-12-2010, 08:26 AM
What are your honest opinions on girls who play games? Just a random question
I know that people are honestly so surprised when I tell them that I play games constantly.
Honestly, I've played games since I was a kid. Always.

Right now I'm hooked on MW2 for PS3 (state comments about xbox being better here :rolleyes:), Habbo I've been playing since 2004 (account says so:)), Maplestory, and GunZ. Heheh
Send PSNs if you want? :)

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Discuss Anything" as I feel it's more suited here.

Shoe
24-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I play games too MW2 all the way, ps3 :) getting black ops for christmas used to play habbo but dont anymore as well as runescape which i still kinda play :) they are all fun and just pass the time.

lawrawrrr
24-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Don't actually play a lot, parents dont let me but OMG DO I LOVE BLACK OPS. JS.

Nemo
24-12-2010, 01:47 AM
i do actually know quite a few its well weird. like every girl i know loves black ops more than i do and yeah

wixard
24-12-2010, 02:09 AM
i do actually know quite a few its well weird. like every girl i know loves black ops more than i do and yeah

HEY IT'S ME
yes you're canadian also, were the best. i don't get why it's such a big deal to anybody

Hiro
26-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I dislike the girls that ONLY know about CoD and/or Halo (or any other mainstream game that everyone loves). If you haven't been retro you can **** off.

Cheryl
26-12-2010, 11:54 AM
My best friend got black ops the first day.
She beat another male friend finishing story mode -.- He was so pissed off.
Why would I think any different of her if she plays games?

PaulMacC
26-12-2010, 01:04 PM
You dont need to cover up you play games, most people spend 2-3 hours a day watching tv.

Fez
26-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I find it pretty silly we have girls who are 'proud' to be gamers. We're all people who play games at the end of the day and nobody should be different. Demographics schemorafics.

Gibs960
26-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't mind girls who play games but it's when girls act like they know everything about games but only play CoD, which most girls that game try to do...

Ashgasm
26-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I have no problem with girls who play video games however if they were to defeat me I would not be best pleased.

Zak
26-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I play games too MW2 all the way, ps3 :) getting black ops for christmas used to play habbo but dont anymore as well as runescape which i still kinda play :) they are all fun and just pass the time.

You do like MW2 and you love Black Ops, you've 100%'d Assasin's creed too but i still pwn you at every game ;) except maybe stupid iphone apps. :( lol

Shoe
27-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Shhh zakerias, im proud of my 100% in assasin's creed :P need to finish heavy rain :) and yehh beating you fruit ninja, zen mode ;) haa x

Bluney
27-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Agreed with opinions above about girls who ACT like they know everything about games.
I sure as hell do not know everything about gaming, & I don't only play Black Ops or MW2 all day js.

HotelUser
27-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Entirely and utterly jealous

Eoin247
27-12-2010, 04:31 AM
I think more girls actualy play habbo than guys. If this isn't the case anymore I'm sure it definetaly used to be.

HotelUser
27-12-2010, 06:27 AM
I think more girls actualy play habbo than guys. If this isn't the case anymore I'm sure it definetaly used to be.

I would say this is the case yes, although you've got to wonder if they're all actual girls and not guys playing dress up if you know what I mean!

dbgtz
27-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Shhh zakerias, im proud of my 100% in assasin's creed :P need to finish heavy rain :) and yehh beating you fruit ninja, zen mode ;) haa x

bolded. marry me? :D my favourite game of the year (l)(l)

a girl who plays game and isnt completely revolting in other ways = epic win :D except nintendo consoles, cos of the games on it are just so family friendly, its much more arousing (lol) when theyre kratos and rip heads off.

Shar
27-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't mind girls who play games but it's when girls act like they know everything about games but only play CoD, which most girls that game try to do...
Lol that is annoying when anyone male/female does that.
I play games, gta mostly and cod sometimes..I also like assasins creed, infamous and Prince of Persia. Oh and I love playing Tekken, tekken tag was my favourite though!

Oleh
27-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I have respect for all girls that game.

Heck if i were to find a girlfriend id rather her be a gamer.

That said, im not too fond of playing against them as they are generally considered "bad" which denotes your team to shun you if you get dominated by them.

Samantha
27-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I love games. I do also hate it when people think they know everything about a game, I do not thus I ask people or use online walkthrough's for help if I need it.

I fail at COD it has to be said.
But I do admit I am quite good at oldish games, FIFA06 is my altime favourite sports game, as well as Mario and Sonic at the Olympic (winter) games. I know nintendo may not be the best make out there, but it's the make I grew up with, as when I was in my Mum's belly, I used to kick her whenever I heard the SNES music and I still love playing the SNES to this day! I'm also fond of Grand Theft Auto (preferably San Andreas), sims, tycoon games, football games etc.

Also I like Sony and Nintendo equally, I also have an XBOX but I never play on it, haven't for years.
I think girl gamers are great, if you are one like me (kinda) then it makes an interesting topic.

I also like Pokemon.

:)

Eoin247
27-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I would say this is the case yes, although you've got to wonder if they're all actual girls and not guys playing dress up if you know what I mean!

Yeah lol there are probably some of these, however i'd say there are less of these types on habbo than on other games like wow.

The people that pay wow are 95% male at least and yet there are about 60% male avatars only!

Bluney
27-12-2010, 11:29 PM
When I was younger I'd play Pokemon and Digimon constantly for Gameboy... Then Nintendo DS... Then like megaman and Rayamn :p.

For PC Habbo, Cokemusic, Maplestory, GunZ, IMVU, can't think of more tbh ehehhe there was more just I don't remember the names... Always like Fantasy something. Cant' seem to find a free COD for PC download anywhere, CBA to buy the game lmfao.

For Wii I think it's fair to say I've tried mostly everything. Like obviously mario, LOLOL, legend of zelda, wii fit wii sports wii music etc.

Ps3- black ops, mw2, grand turismo 5 &4prologue, LBP sometimes, modnation racers, army of two, and that's probably it.

I've had every gaming system except for PSP (my dad wanted to buy me it this Xmas, but I didn't really want it tbh), PS2, and Xbox.
Like I've had SEGA, PS1, Gamecube, all those oldies LOL up to the PS3. I don't have X-box because I've never been a big fan of it, never really tested or tried it out so why would I buy something I know nothing about...

Neversoft
27-12-2010, 11:55 PM
The stereotypical view that games are only for nerds has been long extinct and gaming has become sort of a universal pastime for everyone, so I don't usually find girls who game surprising or have any special opinions concerning them that I don't for male gamers, but of course a lot of guys are into games so girl gamers can be a big plus as the more things you have in common the better the friendship and gaming is good bonding time. I know two girls who are madly into World of Warcraft (well, one doesn't play anymore but used to be well into it) which is kind of strange as it is a greatly male dominated game and if you actually knew or saw them you would never guess in a million years that they played World of Warcraft. I guess games like that are really the only thing I wouldn't expect a girl to play.

buttons
28-12-2010, 12:45 AM
well having been brought up with older brothers and male cousins i was in to games. mostly sonic/super smash bros melee/pokemon/spyro/tekken/crash bandicoot/zelda etc. cars and fighting don't interest me. i don't even know what ops and cod are lol. i just prefer older games but it doesn't surprise me when girls play. i think it's pretty cool, they're generally not as annoying as guy players neither...;p

Middlesbrough
28-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I really don't see any differences from girl gamers compared to boys, it annoys me when they expect to be treated differently because they play games

Neil
29-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't really see the difference, it's like the shock people seem to get when famous people play games, just because someone is successful or of a different gender it doesn't mean they don't play games, my girlfriend plays games, she has a PS3 and an xbox, she isn't quite the same level of gamer as most of my friends and I are but she still plays them, there is nothing wrong with playing games so it's pretty strange that people seem surprised by girls that play, it's quite disgusting hearing some of the abuse girls get sometimes since when it comes to games like CoD they are quite simply the minority and are often the only girl in most games.

Stephen
29-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I only accept girl gamers if they are playing in the kitchen and take regular breaks away from the screen

Oleh
29-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Gaming nowadays isnt what it used to be e.g. You'd get bullied for playing games. Now everybody and their nan plays games (yes my nan has a wii)

So in todays world everybody should be treated the same, girls shouldn't get special treatment just because they know right trigger is shoot.. If they can compete then they deserve special treatment as they are not brought up with violent games.

Bluney
29-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I only accept girl gamers if they are playing in the kitchen and take regular breaks away from the screen

Stfuuu.

dbgtz
29-12-2010, 10:43 PM

fail sexism joke

Gaming nowadays isnt what it used to be e.g. You'd get bullied for playing games. Now everybody and their nan plays games (yes my nan has a wii)

So in todays world everybody should be treated the same, girls shouldn't get special treatment just because they know right trigger is shoot.. If they can compete then they deserve special treatment as they are not brought up with violent games.

my grandparents still thing video games are the devil. I agree with your views.

Snatter
29-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Eh, it seems weird but they should be treated like everyone else. Like if I go into a Black Ops / MW2 match and there's a girl in it, people are all 'look, it's a girl!'.

Luke
29-12-2010, 11:22 PM
I know 5 girls personally who are all decent enough on CoD and Halo; it's the norm for me :P

Stephen
30-12-2010, 12:26 AM
fail sexism joke

my grandparents still thing video games are the devil. I agree with your views.

not a fail joke when a girl replies with stfuuu

Bluney
31-12-2010, 03:30 AM
not a fail joke when a girl replies with stfuuu

How does that make it an auto-win? I'm simply replying with **** because nobody wants your sexist comments here.

Fiendly
04-01-2011, 04:38 AM
I love the idea, it's good that everyone gets involved.. but I hate it when they get bantered with the new talk like 'Get back in the kitchen' or 'shut up'.
A lot of the time I play Halo: Reach with my girlfriend, half the time I play for her because we just swap.

It's good to play with them but it's stupid in using a lot of stereotypes.. It makes you wonder sometimes.

samsaBEAR
05-01-2011, 12:43 AM
I have no problem with girl gamers, my best friend is a girl and she games just as much as me, and my girlfriend, while more of a casual gamer, still plays games.
I must admit, since Black Ops came out I've seen more girls playing xbox, idk whether it's down to BO being a very commercial game, thus drawing people into it and then, ultimately, the xbox as a whole, or if its just a coincidence,.

ChickenFaces
05-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I used to play a lot of video games when I was younger and still play some today but not as much.

Stephen
05-01-2011, 03:42 AM
How does that make it an auto-win? I'm simply replying with **** because nobody wants your sexist comments here.

well I'm not saying something sexist to make all the girls laugh am I

Samantha
05-01-2011, 07:17 AM
well I'm not saying something sexist to make all the girls laugh am I

Idm sexist jokes. But it failed with the last bit really.

And as I said before, I like gaming, some girls are a lot more tougher irl today than boys (my ex for ya :P) so I think if you like something whether it be games, a hobby etc then follow through with it.

Are there any Girl Game Designers?

Angel-Light
05-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I play games consoles quite a lot but I am not really into Halo or COD. Mostly RPGS and the Sims series. Slowly building up my collection of games on the Xbox :P

I am doing a Games Design module when I go back to Uni after the holidays where my assignment will be to design a 2D and a 3D game as my project :P Looking forward to this module despite everyone saying it is the hardest one :)

Stephen
08-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Idm sexist jokes. But it failed with the last bit really.

And as I said before, I like gaming, some girls are a lot more tougher irl today than boys (my ex for ya :P) so I think if you like something whether it be games, a hobby etc then follow through with it.

then you obviously don't get it

velvet
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
erm, well i'm a massive WoW addict lol
i have the insignia of the horde tattooed on the back of my neck... so yeah
in game i never admit to being a girl though
apart from that i'm into mostly RTS games, like the AoE series, Warcraft III etc.

i know quite a few girls who will make a WoW account, get to level 10 then claim they play the game to impress guys, it's really cringey
oh, then there's the girls who play the sims and guitar hero and think they're hardcore

i'm all for girl "gamers" - if they actually play the games

TheEclipse
09-01-2011, 02:01 AM
nothing's wrong with girls who play games. I play games.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!