PDA

View Full Version : Post editing?

Gina
24-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Well I saw Milestone do his Habboxforum Christmas Lottery, but he has to get a mod to edit his posts, I thought maybe insted of just a small amount of time, I came up with like for a VIP/Donator feature Have like you can edit any of your posts, Probably like after a DAY/2 the editing limit would go away, but yeh, I think to some users it would be helpful :)

Jordan
24-12-2010, 12:51 AM
If they considered this, I think 1 month is too long, maybe an hour or 2?

Nicola
24-12-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm not too keen on this idea as it would get highly abused by some and I think it's very rare that any user would need to edit their posts 2 hours/2 days after making it.

Jamesy
24-12-2010, 01:00 AM
people would just abuse such a feature and remove mod edits (happens now even on the 15 minute time scale). Besides which I don't really think it's needed often enough that it becomes a major problem to PM the moderators :)

nvrspk4
24-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Unless I'm senile we did this for a while and it just didn't make sense as we imposed the 15 minute rule mostly for moderative purposes. The VIPs are given additional features but the idea was that we shouldn't give them special treatment in terms of how the moderation team was able to deal with them. If they would come out with a lock post to editing hack for VB4 then the time could be extended for everyone.

Josh
24-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Well I saw Milestone do his Habboxforum Christmas Lottery, but he has to get a mod to edit his posts, I thought maybe insted of just a small amount of time, I came up with like for a VIP/Donator feature Have like you can edit any of your posts, Probably like after a DAY/2 the editing limit would go away, but yeh, I think to some users it would be helpful :)

Would break fansite rules if you offered to to VIP/Donator.

nvrspk4
24-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Would break fansite rules if you offered to to VIP/Donator.

Only if offered with Donator.

Josh
24-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Oh yeah. I'm currently in the mindset that you can buy VIP (because of Christmas).

Catzsy
24-12-2010, 09:51 AM
It doesn't take a few seconds to edit for a member as in the Christmas Lottery thread. I think it is fine as it is. In some cases it could be a nightmare to moderate if there was a 2 day limit. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!