PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to Rep

Aidenn
25-12-2010, 09:27 AM
As it stands you current have to wait from when you give your first / last rep out i believe?

Is there any chance then having to wait 24 hours, that it could be reset at a certain time for the whole forum, ill Use 00:00 GMT as an Example, if people know when it resets it i think it might be a slight advantage because if i see a good post i want to rep it there and then, if i cant rep it because of my terrible memory i would most likely forget?

Is it Possible? if so what time would be convienant for forum users?

Views?

Andii
25-12-2010, 09:31 AM
i like that idea aiden. . and i agree. . having a certain time would be good. . i would probably say since most users are using BST 0 that it should be midnight 12:00am

Mathew
25-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Sounds better than the current system really, but it's not often I reach the repping limit anyway :P

Anyway.. I think the repping limit should be lifted for Christmas Day, just so we can go wild and finish repping everyone in that big thread :)

triston220
25-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Sounds better than the current system really, but it's not often I reach the repping limit anyway :P

Anyway.. I think the repping limit should be lifted for Christmas Day, just so we can go wild and finish repping everyone in that big thread :)

I agree with this. :D

kuzkasate
25-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Totally agree with both yours & Mathews ideas, its a right pain tbh

Yoshimitsui
25-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Surely if you have to wait 24 hours currently then changing it to midnight lowers the time limit allowed depedent on when you reached the limit.

HotelUser
25-12-2010, 06:54 PM
It's a good idea in terms of ease of unity, though what if you reach the limit at 11:59, one minute later you would have a clean slate - that's not a wait time of 24 hours at all :P

Chippiewill
25-12-2010, 07:09 PM
It's a good idea in terms of ease of unity, though what if you reach the limit at 11:59, one minute later you would have a clean slate - that's not a wait time of 24 hours at all :P
It is still 10 times per 24 hours though :D

Mr-Trainor
26-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Personally I think it's better as it is and because of what David said really. I know it would still be 10 times per 24 hours (although I think it's changing to 15!) but the old system ensures that you give rep out more evenly, rather than maybe 20 in one go if you were to start at 11:59 and finish at 12:05. I don't think it needs changing and I personally can't see how it would benefit us.

I agree with lifting the limit for Christmas though! I've only repped the first few pages of that thread and it would take me over a week to complete and that's without repping normally! I don't really see the point in me continuing now since Christmas has gone now really, and I by the time I rep some people, it would be gone new years!

Aidenn
27-12-2010, 03:44 PM
If this doesnt happen and remains the same; is there by any chance the messgae could be editted when you go to rep for example rather then
'You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.'

Could it be something along the lines of;
'You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, you can rep again in: (??) Hours (??) Minutes'
'You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, you can rep again at: (Time & Date when rep expires)'

Nemo
27-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Would also like that message before u create the message (well im talking bout when u've already repped someone). Annoys me when u write a long message and then told u cant do it til forever

Hecktix
27-12-2010, 10:21 PM
With the amount of reputation comments you can leave increasing soon (I promise) I don't think this will be too much of an issue, people are only raising them as people have been excessively repping lately 'cause of the Christmas thread which has got a bit out of hand this year.

To me, it makes more sense for it to be 24 hours after you have issued your 15th rep comment (if you are issuing that many reps in a day every day then I'd be getting worried about people abusing the system and it becoming meaningless :P)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!