PDA

View Full Version : The Target

Chippiewill
26-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Could it be updated to go up to £1000 to see how far it gets?

Samantha
26-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I think that would be nice to know because I remember donating just after we reached the target I would love to see how far we are at. :)

Aidenn
26-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Or maybe a script that could be added to it, which could digitally display the running total.

Chippiewill
26-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Or maybe a script that could be added to it, which could digitally display the running total.

Yeah, that'd be really simple tbh.

Inseriousity.
26-12-2010, 09:25 PM
£750 would be a better number imo but yeah defo raise the bar :D

Sharon
26-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't think it should be £1000 though as it would look like we failed a bit as our target was only £500 in the first place - maybe just it saying at the bottom what the current total is.

Do we have anyone that actualy knows what to do now Jamesy has left? J/S

xxMATTGxx
26-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't think it should be £1000 though as it would look like we failed a bit as our target was only £500 in the first place - maybe just it saying at the bottom what the current total is.

Considering it was David who actually made it work and what not, then yes. I'll see what I can do but I'm not going to promise anything yet!

Chippiewill
26-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Anyone who knows basic PHP/HTML can probably work out the current code, showing the current total neatly would require GD knowledge though.

Edit: It's all HTML with a small php snippet to set the variable for the bar I think. I am appalled at the coding, David used tables :(.

Considering it was David who actually made it work and what not, then yes. I'll see what I can do but I'm not going to promise anything yet!
If you re-linked it rather than leaving it static it would be fine to me as then I can work it out instead. Some people might prefer a pretty way to find out though.

xxMATTGxx
26-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I've been talking to David and he believes the total has not been updating automatically. The only person who can tell anyone the real total is Jin at this present time.

Chippiewill
26-12-2010, 10:02 PM
I've been talking to David and he believes the total has not been updating automatically. The only person who can tell anyone the real total is Jin at this present time.
It stopped soon after it surpassed five hundred, Jin probably stopped it because there's no need for it to increase.

xxMATTGxx
26-12-2010, 10:07 PM
It stopped soon after it surpassed five hundred.

It actually went past it but then went back at 500. But gives us a few more minutes for a final conclusion on this!

xxMATTGxx
26-12-2010, 10:28 PM
After looking at it more with David and also thinking about that our target was and is £500. Maxing it out even further signifies that we have reached our 2010 goal of £500. It is also trivial updating it at this time because the promotion is going to end very soon, I'm sure everyone can wait some more days then you all get to see the lovely total.

AgnesIO
27-12-2010, 02:47 AM
I assumed somebody stopped the total on purpose.

Once it had reached £500 the thrill of finding out the final amount would be ruined if you let people check it for themselves constantly! I think it looks good to new members that we have hit nour targetg too!

Sureall
27-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I agree with milestone, when everyone found we had hid £500 the thrill was great because when we started it looked way to high (to me anyway) I think people could keep donating but as Milestone said, it will be good to show we reached our target!

Eoin247
27-12-2010, 04:12 AM
I'd rather have a bit of a nice surprise with the end total , so i agree with milestone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!