PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreaking the latest ipod touch.

Eoin247
27-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

I've heard a lot about jailbreaking ipod touches but i'm still not 100% sure what this involves.

If anybody could point me in the right direction with regards to info about it and how to do it, i'd greatly appreciate it.:)

Thanks,

matt$
27-12-2010, 03:54 PM
You'll need a programme called limera1n, from there you basically insert you ipod into the pc press 1 button that says 'make it rain' on that limera1n programme, then that leads you through that part. once thats done you download cydia through limera1n app on your ipod and with cydia you download installous and with intallous you get whatever app you want free. sounds a bit complicated but isnt let me try find you a video.

edit: heres a basic tutorial http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/10/09/tutorial-jailbreak-iphone-limera1n/

Matthew
27-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Jailbreaking lets you customize your ipod mainly, allowing you to change how it looks, and how it works.
You can add controls to it that you wouldn't normally get as well.

You can also use it for illegal things like downloading (normally) paid apps for free, or even music and videos.

Which OS are you running on your ipod atm?
You need a certain jailbreak for each OS and there might not be an (untethered) one available atm.

Eoin247
27-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help guys :D

I'll +Rep as soon it lets me (1st jan for matts, 2nd jan for matt).

I'm getting the ipod touch tommorow, so i think it will be the latest OS or whatever one comes with the newest version.

Thanks again :), i'll try this out tommorow

Recursion
27-12-2010, 08:44 PM
You can only do a tethered jailbreak on new iPods with 4.2.1 firmware, which means to turn the iPod on you have to run the jailbreak program on your computer to "help it along", kinda like my iPad at the moment :( but oh well.

HotelUser
27-12-2010, 08:44 PM
You can only do a tethered jailbreak on new iPods with 4.2.1 firmware, which means to turn the iPod on you have to run the jailbreak program on your computer to "help it along", kinda like my iPad at the moment :( but oh well.

Pretty transparent consequence in my opinion though - when was the last time anyone really had to do a full iDevice reboot often enough to cause issues?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!