PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else agree that Habbo is past it's prime?

joejimbop
28-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I joined in 2003 and played non stop till about 2006 sometime, and the reason I stopped playing is because they just started adding and changing too much. And now it's like a whole different thing. And this is the first time I've even thought about Habbo or anything related to it in about half a year. Maybe it has something to do with getting older too. I started playing when I was 11 and now I'm going to be 19 in a week, so maybe I've just grown out of it. But it really used to be fun. Anyone else feel this way?

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 06:29 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't advertise retros, thanks.

joejimbop
28-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Hahaha yes! cokemusic. it was good for awhile and then they did something to it and completely screwed it up. And as for being banned from neopets I had that too ;) so many times. ahh I'm rarely on the computer anymore though... Bring back 2004 that was a swell year.

Deak
28-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep i agree its not as good as it was in previous years... I started in 2004 and was very active for a few years before i got banned on my account and then when i went back after a couple of years (2008) it had changed a lot and just didnt have as many fun things to do... just like now-a-days!

Suspective
28-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I can't keep up with Habbo these days.

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I just don't like how it's so focused on buying stuff with real money and such. I mean this game is focused on teens.

Halas
28-12-2010, 08:01 PM
There is too much n00bs those years...
Thats a reason why its not fun anymore...

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Well I feel like it's just a "If your not rich your not important" sort of thing.

Catzsy
28-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Its because we are older now, I guess but it is much more of a money making operation these days.

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Well you would think if they had advertisements, with how many people go on the site, they would have enough to keep it running. I used to own a website haha. I think they just love money

Samantha
28-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I began in 2008 and I found it good for a long while, although I weren't here when Habbo first begun I felt I knew what I needed to know about it.
After becoming an original beta tester I quickly got bored of Habbo altogether really working at Habbox made me more willing to go on Habbo and now I only tend to go on to play games or build myself back up again. I also got hacked on Christmas Day 2009 which also hindered my experience. I feel there are younger audiences nowadays and so it lacks the wow factor it once had. The age that children get a laptop and internet now decreases more and more and then they find Habbo some how so they play and appear as noobs. But one thing, when they grow up and become avid Habbo players they will also laugh at noobs, which should make them realise why people laughed at them when they first started.
However, when I first started, I was a noob, I had bacon hair, then tramp hair and I thought I was rich when I won a HC TV, but those were the days and in them days people didn't scam much and they didn't care about the richness or anything. So over the years Habbo has been the best thing but has decreased.

matt$
28-12-2010, 08:19 PM
There trying to keep up with the times and trying to add extra things, bit like cod4 and mw2, they took the basic decent stuff and tried to make it better by adding more stuff to it and ended up making it worse.

Habbo was fun cause it was basic and simple, now theres sooooooooooo much furni ive never even heard of and pointless achievements with next to nothing as a reward.

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 08:19 PM
We should start a petition to bring cokemusic (the original) back haha

Jordy
28-12-2010, 08:25 PM
The general concensus is it's prime was 2005-2007 and I'd pretty much agree with this, the competitions etc were all at their best and most original at that point. Everytime I login these days it's even less like it was back then. The actual players are much the same though I think, it's still full of scammers, people trying to get rich and others sucking up to Habbo staff.

qaxzsw
30-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I began in 2008 and I found it good for a long while, although I weren't here when Habbo first begun I felt I knew what I needed to know about it.
After becoming an original beta tester I quickly got bored of Habbo altogether really working at Habbox made me more willing to go on Habbo and now I only tend to go on to play games or build myself back up again. I also got hacked on Christmas Day 2009 which also hindered my experience. I feel there are younger audiences nowadays and so it lacks the wow factor it once had. The age that children get a laptop and internet now decreases more and more and then they find Habbo some how so they play and appear as noobs. But one thing, when they grow up and become avid Habbo players they will also laugh at noobs, which should make them realise why people laughed at them when they first started.
However, when I first started, I was a noob, I had bacon hair, then tramp hair and I thought I was rich when I won a HC TV, but those were the days and in them days people didn't scam much and they didn't care about the richness or anything. So over the years Habbo has been the best thing but has decreased.

People didn't scam much in 2008? LOL. It was just the same as it is now, if not worse. If you want to know when people didn't scam you need to go back to atleast 2004, obviously there was still scams, but not as many. And it wasn't so centered on furni, credits, HC etc then.

Ever since the Hobba's left it's just gone down hill.

Icemaniceice
30-12-2010, 05:18 PM
We should start a petition to bring cokemusic (the original) back haha

I agree, and don't forget VMK, that game was the bomb. I think habbo is way past It's prime, Coke Studios should still be open and it should be more populated than habbo right now in my opinion.

Marbian
30-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I say to my self it's because we're getting older.. But then I went on a habbo retro.. and trust me side ways, it's not because you've grown up.. It's changed so much, and isn't the Habbo we all loved. it was like wow!

Catherine
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree that the prime was 2005-2007.

I started when I was 13 in Nov '05 and I quit in Aug '09. I came back last month though, and so much has changed (for the worse, in my opinion). I miss the games like diving, snowstorm, old battleball, wobblesquabble, the cameras.

2007-2008 were my best and most fufilling habbo years. I had the most fun and had a lot of friends then who I actually hung out with a lot. (in habbo)

Basically, I miss the habbo before the beta version. I also miss the consoles and the one brown hair colour. When the habbo homepages first came out to be precise. (and the first "poof" changing).

orientalframe?
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Habbo is pretty much filled up with noobs wanting naughty time. (LOL im not in the mood to be saying rude words) ;[

Ardemax
02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
yeah gave up like 2 years ago (sounds like a drug, ik) but seriously it was sooooo boring

and the friends or should i say 'friends' you made, well, as soon as you say you're going, bang, they want anything and everything

also when i used to play, games like mocha theft and i dunno dont touch the floor or pick me up, were well good and fun and now its just gone

Pyroka
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
It's been radically commercialized, but the thing is they can't change that because they have so many users now from so many different timezones they can't be friendly with just one group of users like previous UK managers were able to do. Not necessarily talking favouritism, but more being able to cater for a specific type of user.

RandomManJay
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Definately xD! The only reason I've been on lately was to get enough snowflake for that Ice Dragon :P. I hardly pay attention to the badges and all that random crap thats been introduced through the years. But I imagine it might be quite fun for those just starting out.

I preferred it when it was nice and simple and you could just go on to randomly chat to your friends and be imaginative with what limited furni and clothes they had. Now its just insane, and half of the stuff my friend talks about (who's still on it after all this time) I don't even know or care for.

Ardemax
02-01-2011, 10:57 PM
at least i can retain some badges from a couple of years ago that have made it to 'legendary' status :P

Inseriousity.
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
In 2015 or whatever, they'll be saying 2010 was the best so I don't really believe in anything being past its prime but the person using it growing up.

Plebings
03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
My prime time on Habbo was when I was always looking forward to coming home to play the competitions (sad), now habbo feels so empty of presence, there are no events, nothing to look forward to. just feels quite abandoned really..

ps HI ALED

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!