PDA

View Full Version : Habbo relationships?

christineb90
28-12-2010, 07:17 PM
What are your views on dating Habbo's online?

I don't see that there's anything wrong with it; lots of people do it. I used to have a habbo boyfriend. We were best friends at first, we talked every day for an hour or more, for like 2 months, when one of our friends suggested we go out. We went out for probably 6 months, basically it was just like when we were friends, but more fun. But that was back in the day. Maybe I'm too old for it now?

But yeah, what do you think?

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think it's a problem until you get to the "Let's talk in real life thing." Also you are never too sure with ages so they might say 16 but be 32 or even 10. Plus people take habbo seriously and in real life say they have a boyfriend. You can have a habbo sugardaddy, I call it haha, but beyond that it's not smart. I am 20 so I am like that but if you are in the habbo prime age (13-16) it's all up to you. It's important to remember that this is just an online game and not real life situations.

christineb90
28-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't think it's a problem until you get to the "Let's talk in real life thing." Also you are never too sure with ages so they might say 16 but be 32 or even 10. Plus people take habbo seriously and in real life say they have a boyfriend. You can have a habbo sugardaddy, but beyond that it's not smart. It's important to remember that this is just an online game and not real life situations.

I totally agree. Me and my old "boyfriend" both agreed that we couldn't see each other in real life, to keep it online, and that if we wanted a real boyfriend or girlfriend, it was fine. We never took it seriously, it was always just a game, and I don't approve of people taking it seriously as though it's real. It's just a bit of fun :)

xokiss4youox
28-12-2010, 07:27 PM
It is fun. I remember having a boyfriend on Habbo. He was rich. Enough said. Haha

christineb90
28-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Haha, yeah. We've all been there, lol.

dbgtz
28-12-2010, 07:30 PM
e-dating was funny when i done it, it shouldnt be taken seriously unless there is serious roots behind it, i.e. you meet irl aswell.

Samantha
28-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't see a problem with it, unless they start being 'over friendly' on msn or something like that, and pressuring/demanding, if they were like that I wouldn't even talk to them and cut all contact with them.

However, I myself was too old to have a sort of 'Habbo relationship' where people are in a room and they say some odd things, I found myself too old for that but not too old to e-date.

Also, if you live near the person I see no harm.

christineb90
28-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, again, I agree. It's just fun. I hate it when people say 'it's only because they can't get a real boyfriend/girlfriend'.. Because usually it's not. That's like saying people only use Habbo because they can't make real friends. :)

Samantha
28-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah, again, I agree. It's just fun. I hate it when people say 'it's only because they can't get a real boyfriend/girlfriend'.. Because usually it's not. That's like saying people only use Habbo because they can't make real friends. :)

yeah someone today was like 'Habbo is't real life however much you want it to be' and 'get some real life friends'
Firstly I don't want Habbo to be real life. and I do have friends.
I hate people like that.

christineb90
28-12-2010, 07:39 PM
yeah someone today was like 'Habbo is't real life however much you want it to be' and 'get some real life friends'
Firstly I don't want Habbo to be real life. and I do have friends.
I hate people like that.

Me too. What I don't understand, is that some Habbo users say that, which is kind of hypocritical. Habbo is just a fun game, for people when they're bored at home, not something to be taken seriously. It's not life, it's just a game where you can talk to new people. People tend to assume you only use it because you're not happy with your own life, so you create an online one, but it's really not true:)

Josh
28-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Depends how serious it gets tbh.

Nemo
28-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I dont even play habbo, but my take on e-relationships is just that you're more open best friends. Without the physical element i personally dont think it can be called an actual relationship. You could call it a LDR, but even those have a physical element, albeit not as often, and even those struggle to work and barely do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!