PDA

View Full Version : Facebook!

Shoe
29-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I have just deactivated my facebook for one reason and another and i just wondered what peoples thoughts where.

Do you think it cause too many problems with nasty comments and being able to see too much of others business?
Orr
Just a way to keep in touch with friends?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with things going worng people being horrible... boyfriend steeling... backstabbing... just anything ?
I would love you know im quite interested. :) x

Nemo
29-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Never had any bad experiences, just laughs and stuff. Brilliant with keeping in touch with friends

Toasten
29-12-2010, 12:18 AM
I deactivated mine because I felt like too much of an addict to it. I also felt that allowing people to see more of my life was a bit weird and uncomfortable. I'm sure everyone has a stalker on Facebook or I can imagine so anyway. But if your talking about nasty business formspring is ahead by miles!

Aidenn
29-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Never had any bad experiences, just laughs and stuff. Brilliant with keeping in touch with friends

This..

Shoe
29-12-2010, 12:21 AM
I deactivated mine because I felt like too much of an addict to it. I also felt that allowing people to see more of my life was a bit weird and uncomfortable. I'm sure everyone has a stalker on Facebook or I can imagine so anyway. But if your talking about nasty business formspring is ahead by miles!

Completely agree i deactivated my one of these too, as you can tall there are some people who really hate me. lol yehh got a lot of nasty comments through that.

lawrawrrr
29-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I've had a boyfriend break up with me because of a coupla facebook statuses and wall posts from other people, they didn''t mean anything, but I think the pros really outweigh the cons - like talking to people who I don't see much anymore :l

Neversoft
29-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I really hate facebook. It is full of attention seeking *****s and I really couldn't care less what games my friends have been playing, what silly remarks they have 'liked' (most of which are just common sense), or whatever pointless comments they feel obliged to publish to the world wide web. My friend convinced me to create an account but all I did was accept the friend invites from people who tried to add me using my email address yonks ago and haven't used it since. I will admit it is good for keeping in touch with people, but right now that is not an issue for me. Maybe I will start using it once I go off to university but really it just seems like more hassle than it's worth. I find the whole 'wall' concept stupid as well, it's just full of pointless crap. I am more than happy with MSN.

Arron
29-12-2010, 12:42 AM
I've never experienced anything other than having a laugh, catching up with friends, viewing photos from nights out and being entertained by a argument.

Life would be boring without Facebook because all the attention is focused on there :)

Special
29-12-2010, 01:09 AM
I use it to keep on touch with my friends including people I've met on holiday and things like that, if someone starts to annoy me I just block them not deactivate my account lol

Camy
29-12-2010, 01:32 AM
It's good for keeping in touch with people when you've left school for uni, and making an event on it is alot cheaper than phoning/texting everyone. People that post/take stupid little comments seriously on it need to calm down, nothing on facebook matters in real life, just hide/block them if it bothers you that much

Shoe
29-12-2010, 01:34 AM
tbh i guess i just hate my life and this is one of the places it arises from :/

Bluney
29-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Well, worst I experience is girls trying to seem tough on Fb by inboxing your or commenting on your photos. But really, in the end it makes them look stupid, not you.

Marbian
29-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Facebook and phones are what is wrong with the world at the moment. Every year, more and more get onto the internet. It's taking away the social, and humanity bit out our lives. Why go out, when you can sit there and talk to people, or go on games and kill monsters, stuff you can't do in real life.

I don't blame facebook, because there are social networks that were here before facebook... But we all know anyone will use their mouth on it too because they can't get hurt.

Callum.
29-12-2010, 02:08 AM
i dno i've had doubts about it a lot but it's just so simple. talking to people, setting up thing. only thing keeping me on now is events as everyone is turning 18. at a party the other week some girl was chatting to me who wasn't too appealing and was confused when i said i dont have facebook, weird.

mynameiswootzeh
29-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I just use it to stalk people

Marbian
29-12-2010, 02:12 AM
I just use it to stalk people

It's known that humon nature is to take interest in someones buisness. Like, if someone says guess what, you want to know, as a example <. Different things, which I'm too tired at the moment to think of and talking out the 2inch of pwer left in my brain.

But it's true, everyone stalks each other on FB.

Jordy
29-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I want to deactivate it to be honest as I procrastinate on it enormously, I don't want to know how many hours I waste on there doing nothing. However it's an invaluable social resource and without it, I would be totally out the loop socially. I wouldn't know what's going on with people or get easily invited to Events etc, it's just inconvenient not to be on Facebook anymore. I would go as far as saying as it could be social suicide to deactivate Facebook. It's fantastic for keeping in touch with people but needs to be used in moderation (Sort of like alcohol or whatever :P).

Eoin247
29-12-2010, 03:09 AM
I sometimes wonder if for my own good i should deactivate it. I sometimes waste hours a day on it.

However i know as soon as i deactivate it, people will be constantly asking me to get back on.

qaxzsw
30-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I get into a few fights with people who are keyboard warriors, but the fact is I would (and have with most of them) say it to their face, whereas they can only say things hiding behind a computer screen.

If I didn't have facebook then I probably wouldn't have a social life - end of. I have considered deleting it before but then again I always knew I wouldn't, without it it's hard to stay in contact with everyone.

Samantha
31-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I've not really had bad experiences.

Well one where someone put me in a status, then told me she named her dog after me.

I think facebook is good if you don't have msn or anything.
However, I think it can be taken too far.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!