PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3

Alexx..
30-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Is the Sims 3 worth getting for my laptop?
I only have like the very first ones, such as the sims (the very first sims) then the add-ons to it such as unleashed etc etc.

Is it similar to these ones?
I really wanna start playing the sims again but I don't wanna get it if it sucks.

Edit - Can I play it on a mac as well?

Suspective
30-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Its pretty good compared to the other Sims.

If you get the first expansion pack - I've forgotten what its called :P

You can be a Fireman and stuff.

Alexx..
30-12-2010, 03:37 PM

I can live out my dream in computer form....being married to a fireman.

Josh
30-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Ambitions. :)

I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 3 simply because of the story progression. I like being able to move my new young adult out and then knowing, she will try to start a family and work towards a good career. If you do get Sims 3, I suggest getting Twallan's Story progression mod because it's so much better than the default EA one. :)

Eoin247
30-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I played it for a bit but i was busy when i got it so i left it after a week.

Might ry again it seemed very good :), however i still believe that the greatness of the first sims will never be conquered.

Hiro
30-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cool.

I have it + all expacks.

AgnesIO
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
A good game, better than the previous sims - can pass many hours on it!

Chris
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Good game but it does get a bit boring after a while. xD

GommeInc
02-01-2011, 08:43 PM

That's the second expansion pack *quickly glances at The Sims 3 collection of cases he's got going on next to him* :P

Late Night is pretty good too, as far as Sims EPs go.

Fiendly
04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Got the right specs for it?

I am not a fan on the sims but it's quite fun.
Ended up getting mine for $25AUD.. Brand new because JB Hi Fi stuffed up the prices.. ($25 is NOT $25 OFF!)

Josh
04-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Got the right specs for it?

I am not a fan on the sims but it's quite fun.
Ended up getting mine for $25AUD.. Brand new because JB Hi Fi stuffed up the prices.. ($25 is NOT $25 OFF!)

Haha. Even if JBHIFI don't screw up the prices, it's pretty cheap anyway.

@Milestone - Oh, I wasn't answering the actual "First Expansion One", just telling him what the fireman one was. :p

Fiendly
04-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Haha. Even if JBHIFI don't screw up the prices, it's pretty cheap anyway.

@Milestone - Oh, I wasn't answering the actual "First Expansion One", just telling him what the fireman one was. :p

I got it when it was just released, so around the 80 - 90AUD mark :D
Was definitely worth it.. Except it's PC :(

AgnesIO
04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I got it when it was just released, so around the 80 - 90AUD mark :D
Was definitely worth it.. Except it's PC :(

The Sims is one of the games that should be played on PC. FPS games should also be played on PC.

Fiendly
07-01-2011, 11:28 AM
The Sims is one of the games that should be played on PC. FPS games should also be played on PC.

Agreed, but I don't seem to understand why a lot of platform-crossed games need a lot of specs if the consoles have lower specs than a PC -_-

peteyt
19-01-2011, 11:01 AM
The Sims kind of annoy me.

From what I've seen they have taken stuff out of version 3 that was in 2 only to add it into expansion packs. I had quite a lot of the original and then they go here's number 2 you can't use those ones again with it etc

AgnesIO
20-01-2011, 05:39 PM
The Sims kind of annoy me.

From what I've seen they have taken stuff out of version 3 that was in 2 only to add it into expansion packs. I had quite a lot of the original and then they go here's number 2 you can't use those ones again with it etc

What do you expect? :S

You don't need Microsoft allowing you to use old programs on new operating systems? (Well, they do, but eventually stop it after a few years)

GommeInc
20-01-2011, 08:24 PM
What do you expect? :S

You don't need Microsoft allowing you to use old programs on new operating systems? (Well, they do, but eventually stop it after a few years)
I think he meant Electronic Arts have removed content from The Sims 1 & 2 when making The Sims 3. To an extent I agree, but the open neighbourhood is an immediate winner and far surpasses that of buying hot tubs in the original, or going Woo Hoo in weird places. I think that's what he meant at least :/

peteyt
24-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I think he meant Electronic Arts have removed content from The Sims 1 & 2 when making The Sims 3. To an extent I agree, but the open neighbourhood is an immediate winner and far surpasses that of buying hot tubs in the original, or going Woo Hoo in weird places. I think that's what he meant at least :/

I heard pets didn't come with 2 and so on.

What I meant as the above guy stated is version 2 should have everything version 2 has and more but what they seem to do is make it basic again so they can make more money. And the sad thing is people seem to spend loads, I know someone who would have no money but still try and find a way to pre-order every sims pack

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!