PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Signs of A Scammer

piperc
30-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Alright, So many of us fall into the traps of Scammers and give away our furni or credits for another chance at winning a game. Now i have myself been scammed many times but i have realized that Almost every scammer makes it so obvious then you know, that they are scamming you. Not all but most do the same things to try to get you to give them funri.

So I decided to come up with a Guide on the Signs Of Scamming so you can know who to trust and Who not to trust.

1. Saying "Last Game": Most Scammers Say this to get the people in line to pay some funri to play. (p2p)

2. Saying "Anyone in like p2p" A lot: Most Scammers Often Repeat the "Anyone in line want to p2p" Line. Sometimes this and saying last game are together. But either way they are trying to get you to give them furni for a game that if you win you wont get anything. And Anyway most people know p2p, so if they want to they will say it themselves and don't need to be asked if they want to.

3. Crazy Good Prize: Most Scammers will say that the prize is 20c or the whole room. They do that so you will keep paying Furni or credits to win. Even though you are not going to. So if you see a room that says "FF Win 20c" Thats most likely is a scam. I have not came across one game that said that, that was legit.

4. Friends in the game: Some Scammers will get their friends to help out. So that if their friend looses they can just fake p2p or rev. Also people tend to think "Oh well this person is giving him/her furni so i think its safe" Then you p2p or so on. Thats What they Want. Now Many people do host games and they invite their friends, So don't think that if the Owner/Host has a friend in the game means that he/she is a scammer.

Those are 4 Signs of Scamming. I hope you take them into consideration and Be Smart when you play Habbo. Don't Fall for a Scammer's Trick.
If you have any more signs Of a scammer feel free to post them.

Toasten
30-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Last game is unusual but i agree with the rest :) Well put out.

Mathew
30-12-2010, 07:34 PM
A much safer alternative is to just visit Habbox Events where p2s / rev isn't even allowed! ;)

lTraditional
30-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for this guide, +REP but like Mathew said - to make sure you are in a safe game then go to a Habbox event as it is 100% Safe.

Ed.
30-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I agree with all of these really.

Another sign is if people seem to pay to stay and stuff really quickly - this shows that they aren't really paying.

Ardemax
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
nice neat guide you have ther

also dont bother going to any game room where the host has barriers made up of random corners or assorted plants - just a heads up

Suspective
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank you for posting this guide, I'm sure many users will find it useful when gaming on Habbo!

+Rep

Aidenn
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Very helpfull, some genuine safe people do say things along the lines of 'anyone in line p2p'
Key thing i often look out for is any scam rooms / date of the habbo created.

+rep

Inseriousity.
02-01-2011, 08:22 PM
A much safer alternative is to just visit Habbox Events where p2s / rev isn't even allowed! ;)

haha I agree, much easier then if the host kicks you without paying for a prize, you have someone to complain to :P

My brother used to do the 4th one back when bringing clones on the hotel was a simple ctrl and... something. lol I can't remember it now. anyone remember? He ironically lost it all in a scam trying to buy a credits voucher (our dad doesn't let us spend real money on it) so karma got him in the end!

Samantha
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
What I usually do if I notice someone losing a lot then reving someone a lot I automatically go on one of their homepage's and see if they are friends. However, I find this is deemed unreliable as the owner may have massed beforehand, but then also told the person revving to scam.

Aiden pointed out a key factor - looking for scam rooms, scammers may not be smart enough to report their scam rooms.

However, I do not agree where there is random furni, I have played in noobish games before and have been given a prize so that is not always the case. Also mine sometimes look noobish and I don't scam.

qaxzsw
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Good guide, hopefully this well save some people from being scammed! +Rep

Josh
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Also...

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

If they're over nice, it can also be a sign of a scam.

ChickenFaces
03-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Scammers are really easy to point out if you're observant enough. Unfortunately, some people aren't... well observant enough LOL.

Eoin247
03-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Nice guide mate however.

Point one and two aren't neccesarily scams.

People often say last game so that they don't have pissed off people waiting in the q only to find theres no more games.

Also people ask for p2p whether its a scam or not, most people want to get furniture.

Point 3 is a good one, it's very unusual to see a legit high prize game.

The last point is true however, most people wouldn't be stupid enough to make it obvious their freind is playing. More often than not theres no way at all to tell if their mate is playing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!