PDA

View Full Version : Is it illegal to ...

.x.miss.angel.x
30-12-2010, 10:12 PM
use a registration code i found on the internet for sam2 broadcaster?

I have done so many years ago, was about to do it today but i decided against it... hmmm?

matt$
30-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Its Not illegal if you dont get caught

Sharon
30-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Could be seen as. Someone has payed for the code and is re-distributing it, evidently not allowed by Spacial Audio but yeah it's illegal in their eyes.

If your using it to apply for HxL btw, yeah that's allowed!

HotelUser
30-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, it is illegal although that doesn't stop most people!

Recursion
30-12-2010, 10:39 PM
As said, yes it is, but the liklihood is you wont get caught.

Jack!
31-12-2010, 12:04 AM
go for it, Or crack it like *cough*Windows 7*cough*

.x.miss.angel.x
31-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Ah, i think i will go for the free trial, if my music does not work i shall forget apply to hxl but if they do work i shall find a code :)

triston220
31-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, it is illegal. It's basically stealing from them.

Moh
31-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, but everybody does it :)

triston220
31-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes, but everybody does it :)

It still doesn't make it morally right though.

Johno
31-12-2010, 03:59 PM

But nobody is talking about morals :P We are brought up to not be bothered about "stealing" music, software, etc because everyone does it.

ben
31-12-2010, 05:14 PM

lol

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't make pointless posts

Lycan
31-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Not everyone does.

I Don't :)

Reality$
31-12-2010, 05:29 PM
All I say is as long as it works **** it ;)

peteyt
31-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Could be seen as. Someone has payed for the code and is re-distributing it, evidently not allowed by Spacial Audio but yeah it's illegal in their eyes.

If your using it to apply for HxL btw, yeah that's allowed!

Sorry but how is that legal? With SAM Broadcaster you buy a license and you use it - You can get seat licenses but if someone has bought a license e.g. one license for HxL then it can only work on one copy of SAM and you'd need a separate license for each presenter.

That's why most people end up pirating SAM in the end, due to the fact that it isn't cheap. The station I run has one legal copy of SAM for the main computer/Auto DJ system we currently use, but the rest of the presenters have to supply their own - most probably are using pirate versions but at least it means we can't be done as we haven't supplied them with any keys or links.

Josh
31-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah it's stealing but I would probably put money on HabboxLive having no DJs who legally bought it. So don't worry about that. This is the disappointing thing about the internet.

peteyt
31-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah it's stealing but I would probably put money on HabboxLive having no DJs who legally bought it. So don't worry about that. This is the disappointing thing about the internet.

Yeah but if HxL are actually supplying the serial it makes it even worse.

For example if someone is found to have an illegal SAM Broadcaster, they may just try and get HxL to remove them but if they actually discovered the site itself was supplying the serial illegally it would be the whole site that would be under liability. Sadly, it just takes one presenter, maybe he's fired or something, to take revenge and report the site.

Probably nothing would happen, but there's always a chance.

Jordy
31-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Only the scum of the earth would steal a SAM Code and use it. It's like walking in Currys and picking up a 32" TV and walking out without paying for it. Believe me they'll catch all of you and you'll all come to regret it! Frankly you should be thrown in prison for it, in my eyes it's up there with murder and rape, sickening crime.

Seriously though, yes it probably is but everyone does it and you won't get caught.

Edit: bring the death penalty back for it i've decided.

AgnesIO
31-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Is it illegal to take something that is supposed to require you to pay?

Obviously.

Dos anyone do it? Obviously.

Marbian
31-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Only the scum of the earth would steal a SAM Code and use it. It's like walking in Currys and picking up a 32" TV and walking out without paying for it. Believe me they'll catch all of you and you'll all come to regret it! Frankly you should be thrown in prison for it, in my eyes it's up there with murder and rape, sickening crime.

Seriously though, yes it probably is but everyone does it and you won't get caught.

Edit: bring the death penalty back for it i've decided.

In 2006 when I first started to present, it was winamp. But it soon changed to Sam Broadcaster, and I think every body then used the serials. It's 2011 in hours, and everyone still uses them, and everyone I still talk to that still present from back then in the days, still use it, and haven't been caught. My self, stopped presenting in 2009, but everyone still does use the serials..

Sorry but how is that legal? With SAM Broadcaster you buy a license and you use it - You can get seat licenses but if someone has bought a license e.g. one license for HxL then it can only work on one copy of SAM and you'd need a separate license for each presenter.

That's why most people end up pirating SAM in the end, due to the fact that it isn't cheap. The station I run has one legal copy of SAM for the main computer/Auto DJ system we currently use, but the rest of the presenters have to supply their own - most probably are using pirate versions but at least it means we can't be done as we haven't supplied them with any keys or links.

I [2] this.

triston220
31-12-2010, 06:56 PM
My views, at the moment, are that if the software was freeware it couldn't be pirated. That's why, for now at least, everything I release is free.

.x.miss.angel.x
31-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, earlier today when i attempted to download it, it would not work so im not going to break the law today. (or ever again for that matter)

AgnesIO
31-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Well, earlier today when i attempted to download it, it would not work so im not going to break the law today. (or ever again for that matter)

Come back in two years and tell me you haven't.

Jack!
31-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Come back in two years and tell me you haven't.

Highly unlikely

Its like saying, Where does everyone on this forum get there music from, I can guarantee a lot will be torrented

Marbian
31-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Highly unlikely

Its like saying, Where does everyone on this forum get there music from, I can guarantee a lot will be torrented

Yep. I wouldn't believe any habbox DJ if they said they buy ALL THERE SONGS.

.x.miss.angel.x
31-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I actually do buy all my songs, I am heavily against limewire and whatnot. If my friends use it I always attempt to make them stop, considering they may or are cutting off internet to all who steal songs.

So as I have said before ,I don't think I will download limewire, and I shall attempt to keep myself out of trouble XD

Luke
31-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Limewire? You were thinking of downloading Limewire? Wouldn't of got far..

Recursion
31-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I actually do buy all my songs, I am heavily against limewire and whatnot. If my friends use it I always attempt to make them stop, considering they may or are cutting off internet to all who steal songs.

So as I have said before ,I don't think I will download limewire, and I shall attempt to keep myself out of trouble XD

Can't say I'm heavily against not giving record labels anymore money, considering we're in a recession, this year piracy hit record highs and yet they still made a profit in triple figure percentages.

Misawa
01-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Yet, it is illegal - it's piracy. And re online radio stations, them buying their music or not, 90 percent operate without the proper license to air music legally, so them streaming is also illegal.

dbgtz
01-01-2011, 12:45 AM
My views, at the moment, are that if the software was freeware it couldn't be pirated. That's why, for now at least, everything I release is free.

What do you release, out of curiosity?

Yes it is illegal.

.x.miss.angel.x
01-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Limewire? You were thinking of downloading Limewire? Wouldn't of got far..
DAMN typo I mean sam broadcaster XD I have hated Limewire since forever

Luke
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Without SAM, you're not REALLY gonna get far as a shoutcast broadcaster then :P

Wig44.
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Black Ops was downloaded illegally over 4 million times in 2010, just to put it in perspective for you. Ergo: You won't get caught. And get off your high horse with all this 'I stop my friends from downloading music and I refuse to break the law myself!!' crap. Fair enough, you don't want to pirate anything but stopping your friends from doing it probably just makes them think you are a **** to be honest.

triston220
24-07-2011, 03:24 PM
What do you release, out of curiosity?

Yes it is illegal.

I do realize that I'm bumping this thread quite a bit but I want to reply anyway. I just release little programs to make tasks easier, like tools to change the Windows logon message, and a Recycle Bin renamer. (Useful for XP users). I also created a tool to send messages over a network. It is funny, however, that I have started selling applications too. (My software licensing system)

Richie
24-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah it's illegal but **** happens, do you think anyone from habboxlive pays for sam broadcaster? no.

peteyt
24-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Lol I bet habbox hasn't got licences anyways.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Lol I bet habbox hasn't got licences anyways.

Actually I have heard from different DJs throughout the year whom have purchased licenses. Having said that I cannot speak for all our DJs.

peteyt
24-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Actually I have heard from different DJs throughout the year whom have purchased licenses. Having said that I cannot speak for all our DJs.

There would need to be a license for the actual radio as I don't think individual licenses exist.

HotelUser
24-07-2011, 06:47 PM
There would need to be a license for the actual radio as I don't think individual licenses exist.

I'm on the website and they do - they're extremely expensive, though.

Recursion
24-07-2011, 06:48 PM

It's licensed per computer. If HXF bought a license and shared it with the DJs they'd break the agreement, each DJ has to buy an individual license, if you have a proper studio however, you're only going to have one or two PCs and so only need one or two licenses.

Jack!
24-07-2011, 07:06 PM
It's licensed per computer. If HXF bought a license and shared it with the DJs they'd break the agreement, each DJ has to buy an individual license, if you have a proper studio however, you're only going to have one or two PCs and so only need one or two licenses.

Peteyt wasn't on about SAM I don't think, but the actual broadcasting license.

Recursion
24-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Fair do's, in which case he's correct xD

Calvin
24-07-2011, 09:27 PM
It's licensed per computer. If HXF bought a license and shared it with the DJs they'd break the agreement, each DJ has to buy an individual license, if you have a proper studio however, you're only going to have one or two PCs and so only need one or two licenses.You can buy "DJ Seat" licenses which are $65 for each DJ too, but I suppose that's still quite a lot if you have more than a few DJs.

http://support.spacialnet.com/wiki/Dj_seat_license

peteyt
24-07-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah I was on about actual licenses. I wouldn't be surprised if every Habbo station was illegal.

For SAM you buy one main licenses and then seat licenses. They expire I think monthly as in the seat serials change. That means if you give a presenter a serial and they then quit or are fired the serial eventually changes automatically so they can't keep it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!