PDA

View Full Version : New laptop or projector and screen?

Alexx..
31-12-2010, 12:56 AM
I have a TV and a laptop which both suck and i'm sure they haven't got long left(although i've been saying this about my laptop for ages), so i'm in need of both, instead of a new tv i was thinking about a projector and screen but i'm not sure which one out of the two to go for.

So, vote in the poll for which one you suggest I get.

Jam
31-12-2010, 01:58 AM
If you want the sense of spending your money on something worthwhile, the projector.
If you don't want to go insane with the lack of a computer (I'm guessing your laptop now is all you have), the laptop.

Alternatively, if there's a family computer or similar just get the projector regardless.

Recursion
31-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Don't forget if you get a projector you'll want a HD set top box for it to get TV out of it. To be honest, just go for whichever you need most, you can download TV programs on a laptop.

Luke
31-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Get a decent laptop then, as Tom said, iPlayer, 4OD, Five Demand, ITVPlayer, TVCatchup, warez-bb, piratebay etcetc :P You don't need a tele this days :')

ChristopherH
03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey,
I would suggest getting a Laptop

1. It will Last Longer then the Projector as it's Bulb has a surtan life in it (the bulbs are expensive.)
2. As everyone has said you can download TV Programs over the net or go to Ch131 (http://ch131.com/)

:)

Thankyou,
Christopher Holland

Jam
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
But watching TV programs on a piddly 13/15/17 inch monitor is useless, they're meant to be viewed on a big screen or wall.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!