PDA

View Full Version : Strange lump on my knee

Amberr
01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Okay this may sound a tad weird. But basically over a year ago i tripped over something and fell on my knee and it developed a lump just bellow my left knee. Obviously it hurt when it first occurred but after a day i didn't feel anything. A year on i still have this lump bellow my knee, i was just wondering do you think it's worth just going to have a check up on it. As i'm worried that it may effect me in later life as i haven't really felt any pain since it's happened. But surely it should of decreased in size? Like i said, it sounds strange but any advice that you could offer me would be appreciated.

Aidenn
01-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I do reccomend you get it checked out, it might not be causing you any pain but it could still be dealing damage without you realising.

Alkaz
01-01-2011, 01:35 PM
My brother had something like this in his knee. I don't know if it's the same but he got it from playing football and tackling people too much. The same thing happened to him as well, it developed about a year ago and he finally got it checked out a few weeks ago by the doctor and it ended up being extra cartilage or something along those lines. He was then referred to the hospital and they did some x-rays etc and then he went into hospital for the day. They did key-hole on his knee and literally just cut out the excess cartilage. The kept him in for a couple of house but was out the same day and it's not been causing him any pain or aggravation since.

Definitely go to the doctors and see what they say. :)

Circadia
01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh i have one of those one my neck. I hit my neck on a chair about 7 years ago and i developed a lump. I went to the doctors and they said as long as it doesn't get over a certain size the wouldn't have to remove it. It only hurt the day i did it not any time after. Its still there but it doesn't bother me. But i do recommend you see a doctor in case something's up

-:Undertaker:-
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
My friend has these on his knees, apparently its from playing football/sports a lot.

If it is bothering you then I suppose you should get it checked out, not of major concern though.

Shoe
01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
It sounds like either excess cartilage or lose bone or something. My mate has one but it causes her a lot of pain if she bangs it on something. I would defo get it checked out, but can't see much would be done about it unless it is causing you pain or restricting your movement in some way.

Amberr
01-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you everyone, this has really helped me alot. I was abit nervous on posting this :L. +Rep to everyone above :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!